THE BROWNS BOARD

Veteran, OTA's & Rookie Camp Notes

gumby73

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of day 2 at CB.com. The teaching of our previous downfalls continues. Understanding Situational Football. Being Poised enough to understand self-inflicted wounds are a major part of this game & now turning those happening into part of a winning formula. Hue may know this team better than some fans ;). Coons out, weary leg will lead to tweak. Former Bucs Patrick Murray was brought in as walk-on b4 camp. JT has day off. Not missing a snap in 9 yrs. & 8959 total snaps, Hue's not changing a thing VK. Couple interesting HueJax quotes. Reporter told Hue "looked like McCown was throwing ball better than any QB" Hue response "Your entitled to your opinion." :o. Later HuJax quotes "RG3 don't have any reservations about anything in our offense HE can't do" :wub:. For our camp fighting fans. Hue quotes "can't fight in game, (so sounds like) OL Conor Boffelli will not be allowed to do so at practice either" Ding! Ding!

Camp fighting is a waste of time. Everything stops for the duration and then some.

Teach them to control their anger and channel it into the next play.

Camp fighting is a waste of time. Everything stops for the duration and then some.

Teach them to control their anger and channel it into the next play.

Exactly...... I don't recall any Patriots 'camp fighting' clips airing on NFL Network. That's usually reserved for Rex's team.

I remember Hue's former team and another successful team fighting fairly recently. They both seem to be doing ok. Texans had a fight last year and made the playoffs just off the top of my head. Belichik has a well-oiled machine. Right now in Cleveland, one of our best assets is our energy and rookies that haven't yet taken in the losing culture. Let's not kill that.

Pick #93 QB Cody Kessler signs his rookie 4 yr. contract. 3.4 mill. 600 k signing bonus. Whats the cost of the RG3 revival you ask? #1 Goff-27.9 mill. with 18.6 M signing bonus..#2 Wentz--26.67 mill. with 17.6 signing bonus. #26.P. Lynch-9.47 mill. with 5.09 signing bonus. Go Cody Go!!

I remember Hue's former team and another successful team fighting fairly recently. They both seem to be doing ok. Texans had a fight last year and made the playoffs just off the top of my head. Belichik has a well-oiled machine. Right now in Cleveland, one of our best assets is our energy and rookies that haven't yet taken in the losing culture. Let's not kill that.

How'd that fighting thing work out for Cinci???

And O'Brien ripped his fighters new ones after their joint practice debacle vs. WSH.

Any energy channeled to fighting is non-productive... period.

How'd that fighting thing work out for Cinci???

And O'Brien ripped his fighters new ones after their joint practice debacle vs. WSH.

Any energy channeled to fighting is non-productive... period.

5 straight playoff appearances. Yeah, what a disaster. And how'd it work out for Pittsburgh?

What's not productive is a team full of eunuchs, as the old timers so desire.

My friend that played at OSU has told me they had mini scuffles on nearly every play in practice. I've seen film of LSU's practices and it's the same kind of thing every time they bust out the "big cat drill." I used to report on A&M's practices and remember watching a fight between OLs and Jim Turner (of 3 first rounders in a 3 year span coached fame) was positively giddy.

What's not productive is a team full of eunuchs, as the old timers so desire. I used to report on A&M's practices and remember watching a fight between OLs and Jim Turner (of 3 first rounders in a 3 year span coached fame) was positively giddy.

And that got him fired in the Incognito affair at Miami. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326599/article/jim-turner-fired-by-miami-dolphins-after-wells-report

Yeah, real productive for the OL poor Phins after that happened.

I've been listening to our radio show, and I like what I've been hearing about Corey Coleman. Obviously he's fast, and he's going to look amazing without pads on, but I heard some excellent tidbits about him. Specifically, I love hearing how fast Coleman is ALL THE TIME. He's fast coming out of breaks, he's fast off the line, and he possesses the ability to keep defenders on their heels. Nathan Zegura stated that one route Coleman didn't really run in college was the "deep come back route", and he's been working hard on this specific route in minicamp. Zegura said he had defenders on their heels time and time again because they had to respect his deep speed, so Coleman routinely got open. (this is the route where the WR basically fakes like he's going for a deep fly route, and then suddenly puts the brakes on and comes back to the ball)

I also love hearing multiple people saying how Ogbah looks "really big and really fast". LOL. Man, how bad do we need a studly pass rusher? I wonder if the emergence of a pass rusher will help Kruger get into double digits again?

Hollywood Higgins has made flashes consistently, and that's a good sign. I've read several writers that project him as a starter.

Schobert and Scooby are both impressing as well.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000659671/instantimpact-rookies-from-the-2016-nfl-draft

Instant impact WR, and Coleman is just one of the guys they drafted. Whole different look

to the Browns' offense right there.

Open to public Training Camp Schedule is out. Must register for free tickets. One is in TB. Going back to Columbus for team scrimmage. All info & dates with times @CB.com

Archived