THE BROWNS BOARD

MUNCH SAYS BROWNS LIKE MACLIN MORE THAN CRAB

Riffer X

I said this a few days back that I wouldn't be surprised if it came to fruition (and also if he ends up ranking higher by the niks), but Mark "Munch" Bishop on WKNR says he hears the Browns like Maclin more than Crabtree. Funny, it was about two hours after I emailed Michael Reghi from work wondering why everybody is assuming Crabtree would be the guy if Edwards is moved. BTW, I also asked for some verification of why the whole station is claiming Quinn has no arm (they were pulling out the Pennington card yesterday) and even offered to include Playground Legend's thread debunking Quinn's lack of arm strength. I didn't get a response on that.

What does this mean? Not sure, but the key will be getting a vibe on where Maclin will go before draft day. This could also set up some real interesting events with possibly Edwards being moved and some shuffling being done on draft day.

Or maybe it's all a big ruse and they really want Crabs. Who the hell knows what these guys are thinking. Maybe they're trying to get someone in the teens willing to move up who wants Maclin, that would be my first guess.

I said this a few days back that I wouldn't be surprised if it came to fruition (and also if he ends up ranking higher by the niks), but Mark "Munch" Bishop on WKNR says he hears the Browns like Maclin more than Crabtree. Funny, it was about two hours after I emailed Michael Reghi from work wondering why everybody is assuming Crabtree would be the guy if Edwards is moved. BTW, I also asked for some verification of why the whole station is claiming Quinn has no arm (they were pulling out the Pennington card yesterday) and even offered to include Playground Legend's thread debunking Quinn's lack of arm strength. I didn't get a response on that.

What does this mean? Not sure, but the key will be getting a vibe on where Maclin will go before draft day. This could also set up some real interesting events with possibly Edwards being moved and some shuffling being done on draft day.

Or maybe it's all a big ruse and they really want Crabs. Who the hell knows what these guys are thinking. Maybe they're trying to get someone in the teens willing to move up who wants Maclin, that would be my first guess.

Every time I hear Bishop on the radio I want to rip it out of my car and throw it out the window.

I'd rather listen to Nancy Pelosi speak.

I have my doubts that it fit's in the ManKok scheme, where I picture them picking a player on the defensive side of the ball.

But...It starts makes sense if they are not into Orakpo and Curry is not there. Personally I like Raji lots too, but he doesnt get much love from thebrownsboard.

If there isnt a press from other teams to move up and get Sanchez, is our hand not face up that we will snag a WR? Best available right?

That being said,

Crabtree > Maclin all day every day.

I'd like to know where "Munch" - HEARS - this stuff, since our front office has been so secretive. I ask myself this question everytime I hear a rumor from the Cleveland Media. I don't think any of them have broken any stories so far this offseason. Nobody knew about Winslow, that's for sure.

I'd like to know where "Munch" - HEARS - this stuff, since our front office has been so secretive. I ask myself this question everytime I hear a rumor from the Cleveland Media. I don't think any of them have broken any stories so far this offseason. Nobody knew about Winslow, that's for sure.

Munch has ZERO sources with ANY team in Cleveland. Nobody talks to this guy.

I have my doubts that it fit's in the ManKok scheme, where I picture them picking a player on the defensive side of the ball.

But...It starts makes sense if they are not into Orakpo and Curry is not there. Personally I like Raji lots too, but he doesnt get much love from thebrownsboard.

I doubt Maclin is anywhere near the Brown's plan at #5....If they like him and draft him it would be due to a trade where the Browns would pick up Detroit's #20, The Eagle's #21 or the Giant's #29.....Although I doubt he's there with the latter.

I sure hope not though....I want nothing but defense with the first two rounds. Even if Braylon is gone. The earliest I'd draft a WR would be #50 and that would only happen if Heyward-Bey or Britt were there.

Remember this guys......Pittsburgh -#22 in total offense, #1 in total defense

I have always liked maclin better then slowtree he does have some consistency issues though while slowtree is solidly consistent and a true posession type WR..

Both have good hands, run very good routes and neither is slow.

I doubt Maclin is anywhere near the Brown's plan at #5....If they like him and draft him it would be due to a trade where the Browns would pick up Detroit's #20, The Eagle's #21 or the Giant's #29.....Although I doubt he's there with the latter.

I sure hope not though....I want nothing but defense with the first two rounds. Even if Braylon is gone. The earliest I'd draft a WR would be #50 and that would only happen if Heyward-Bey or Britt were there.

Remember this guys......Pittsburgh -#22 in total offense, #1 in total defense

If Braylon is gone and you wait till #50 Heywood-Bey and Britt will both be gone and you will be looking at Iglesias or maybe Robiskie (if he is still there) and neither are #1 receivers.

Every time I hear Bishop on the radio I want to rip it out of my car and throw it out the window.

I'd rather listen to Nancy Pelosi speak.

LMAO!!...Here, I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I turn the radio off when he's on.

Mike

What a beast!

Receiving Games played - 14

Receptions - 102

Yards - 1260

Avg. - 12.35

TDs - 13

Rec./G - 7.3

Yards/G - 90.0

Jeremy Maclin/WR/Missouri: Maclin improved on his slightly disappointing times from the combine by running as fast as 4.40 seconds on Thursday. He then put on a pass-catching clinic making several acrobatic receptions and impressing scouts with the consistency of his hands.

He has something BE dosn't have, Hands :lol:

This guy has more stats, he is another multi talented player, check the link below.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2008/player/434/1002269/index.html

I'm a big Maclin guy. I'll never forget when they played Oklahoma the year before last and Spielman was down on the field just freaking how fast Maclin was. He said something to the effect of "Maclin is just on another level of speed and explosiveness' and he claims not to have seen many like him. Keep in mind, this is Spielman and not some chick standing on the sidelines.

I think the point to all this is if Mancock does like Maclin more than Crabs they may think they can acquire him in a trade down or a deal involving Edwards. It's not a matter of drafting him at five unless he really takes off in the next couple of weeks, but if they trade Edwards it's got to be a certainty that they will take one of these two.

To me, this is the most important and entertaining part of the draft right now, especially with Edwards most likely to be moved and probably on draft day. I would have no problem getting Maclin in this draft if Braylons is moved. The other option is Robiskie at 50 or so depending on other picks that are obtained. I'd still like to see Hixon or Smith to go along with Patton and Maclin/Crabtree or Robiskie. The thing about Robo is he's capable of playing out the gate because of his pedigree and intelligence, plus he won't hold out.

Im with ya Rif, we really have not heard to much about Maclin. He would be a nice pick in the first. If we can trade down and even trade BE who will want a ton of money next year, Im in. And maybe if Robiskie is still around in the second somewhere we could get him also.

We need more draft picks in this draft. there is a lot of talent out their to be gotten. If we trade away premadonnas for high draft picks, I dont think to many will be upset with it.

According to SI Maclin is one of the risers in the draft and it would be good to know where he is projected.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...ders/index.html

I would love to see both Maclin & Robiskie with the Browns, & if we garner enough picks, it's not an impossibility to address the defense AND add some offense.

Mike

If Braylon is gone and you wait till #50 Heywood-Bey and Britt will both be gone and you will be looking at Iglesias or maybe Robiskie (if he is still there) and neither are #1 receivers.

I'm just a defensive guy first and don't put much into this "We need a #1 WR".....There have been plenty of good teams without a big time WR....Including all of those Patriots teams that were throwing to the likes of Dieon Branch and David Patten and Troy Brown. Robiskie could and probably will be better than any of those guys.

Who was the WR's the year the Ravens won the Super Bowl? Round 2 pick and very average Quadry Ismail and round 4 pick Brandon Stokely

Denver V Green Bay in the Super bowl...Undrafted Rod Smith and 3rd round selection Ed McAffery for the Broncos

Green Bay's WR's are round 3 pick Robert brooks and round 3 pick Antonio Freeman.

Those BIlls teams that went to four super bowls had several WR's that went along with the great Andre Reed...Who was a 4th round selection.

The list goes on and on....You are wasting that high draft pick if you go WR.

The Tampa Bay V. Raiders was one of my favorites as far as WR's go...Johnson, McCardell, Jurivicius, Garner, Porter...No real #1's there...Unless you want to say Keyshawn was a #1 type. He was actually a waste of a #1 pick by the Jets.

Give me a good offensive line and a good QB and I promise you'll be happy with Average WR's.......Hmmm...Sounds like the Patriots.

I'll say it again....The Steelers #22 in total offense and #1 in total defense.

"If we get Braylon, I could care less what we do in the draft from there on out because I'll be busy pre-ordering my SB 44 champs shirt"

From the Giants Board... lol

I like Edwards to an extent.

So far he hasn't been all ego and me and really has given back with his money.

Problem is all those damn drops.

He did great when he had a big possession guy in JJ to make the crucial catches on 3rd and in the middle and he stretched the field for us.

Problem is last season we didn't have a JJ to make the key catches.

We had a #2 that was supposed to stretch the field as well instead of making the key catches.

So our offense with 2 deep threats and no one to catch over the middle ground to a halt.

DA throwing into triple coverage and drilling backs in the back of the head at 80mph didn't help either.

It all depends on if Mangini sees Edwards as his type of player.

If he does, we will keep the guy and are probably trying to work his extension right now.

If not, he will be traded as he has value and others teams would be interested.

There are a lot of guys on this team that probably don't fit the Mangini mold. In time they will all be cut if they can't be traded.

If trading Edwards strengthens us at 2 positions, I am all for taking a relative hit at the wide-out position.

Not to mention I think we could line up David Patton in Edwards slot and he would put up numbers that at least compare with Edwards. It's not like losing Edwards is going to completely create a void in that stat/production line. Somebody is going to put up some numbers. Somebody is going to catch 40-50 balls and score a few TDs.

Edwards is a nice player, but he isn't in the elite status that simply can't be replaced.

It all depends on if Mangini sees Edwards as his type of player.

If he does, we will keep the guy and are probably trying to work his extension right now.

If not, he will be traded as he has value and others teams would be interested.

There are a lot of guys on this team that probably don't fit the Mangini mold. In time they will all be cut if they can't be traded.

If trading Edwards strengthens us at 2 positions, I am all for taking a relative hit at the wide-out position.

Not to mention I think we could line up David Patton in Edwards slot and he would put up numbers that at least compare with Edwards. It's not like losing Edwards is going to completely create a void in that stat/production line. Somebody is going to put up some numbers. Somebody is going to catch 40-50 balls and score a few TDs.

Edwards is a nice player, but he isn't in the elite status that simply can't be replaced.

No way Patton could step into being a #1 receiver on any team. He doesn't have enough left to be an impact player and is a slot receiver, at best. Patton is a #3 guy at this point. If Cleveland puts Patton out there as their go to guy, I wouldn't want to be the QB.

Yeah not sure if Peen was smoking something this morning, saying Patten could come in and have the effect of Edwards. He had a shitty year to be sure, but teams still had to account for him all year long due to his speed and athletic ability. THey didn't know he was going to drop the ball all the time.

Friday is Peens' toking day. He might be old, but he can still party.

Toke it, toke it up, Peens ;)

Archived