THE BROWNS BOARD

More pandering, this is disgusting

I just find it odd that people are arguing about a flag that pretty much means nothing at this point. No African American alive today has ever been a slave, nor has any Southerner alive today owned slaves or fought for the Confederacy. Let rednecks keep their meaningless flag if they want to.

Slavery was abolished, the South lost and will never "rise again"...time to move on, people.

I just find it odd that people are arguing about a flag that pretty much means nothing at this point. No African American alive today has ever been a slave, nor has any Southerner alive today owned slaves or fought for the Confederacy. Let rednecks keep their meaningless flag if they want to.

Slavery was abolished, the South lost and will never "rise again"...time to move on, people.

True enough. The king is dead, England is no longer a monarchy and there are no veterans of the Revolutionary War either.

WSS

...England is no longer a monarchy...

WSS

Technically we are. Well, technically-technically the UK is a monarchy. Well, technically-technically-technically we're a theocracy with CofE the state religion, and the divine right of kings specifying that the head of state is the next member of the royal family, which has received a mandate from god to rule in his stead. But the crown hasn't had any real power since the execution of Charles I in the 17th century. Since then, the country has been run by parliament.

Technically we are. Well, technically-technically the UK is a monarchy. Well, technically-technically-technically we're a theocracy with CofE the state religion, and the divine right of kings specifying that the head of state is the next member of the royal family, which has received a mandate from god to rule in his stead. But the crown hasn't had any real power since the execution of Charles I in the 17th century. Since then, the country has been run by parliament.

Oh you know what I mean.....

;)

WSS

Archived