THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Hartline Released

D Bone

I'll just say... Thank you for your service , Brian and good luck in your future endeavors.

In theory, yes.

Provided said rookies can catch a football.

We've seen many rookie WR's in the past several years that couldn't catch a cold.

Doesn't matter. It's all about money. Throw enough cheap shit on the wall (lots of wr's) and enough will stick to replace the relative expense of Hartline. Makes no difference if he was one of our two reliable receivers (with Barny). I have to assume we could find no takers for a trade for late rounder.

Guys, we don't even know the whole story. Maybe Brian just did not want to stay here for the rebuild or wanted to take a chance at another team. And yes, maybe they just did not like Hartline for some reason. I liked Hartline too; but, I have gotten used to seeing players I like come and go. We should be used to it by now.

In reality, it is probably just the age thing. They just want to rebuild and go younger.

Though....the ironic thing is that you can look at it this way: Hartline apparently got beat out by Terrelle Pryor......the guy that was throwing the ball to him at OSU.

With this many "young'uns" coming to camp this summer, I thought Hart would be a good mentor.

I figure he will be on another teams TC before long.

I certainly hope they keep McCown around for the same reason.

Let's see, we have RG III, McCown, Kessler, Davis, and Shaw. Griffin and Kessler are guaranteed roster spots. Only room for one more.

Doesn't matter. It's all about money. Throw enough cheap shit on the wall (lots of wr's) and enough will stick to replace the relative expense of Hartline. Makes no difference if he was one of our two reliable receivers (with Barny). I have to assume we could find no takers for a trade for late rounder.

Hartline would have made$3 million this year, relatively cheap. I'm surprised Hawkins is only due $1 million in 2016- he could be next out the door.

Hartline was cut because his niche as a possession receiver will be filled by Rashard Higgins and/or Jordan Payton. This was a no-brainer and has nothing to do with race.

Jackson's first hire to the coaching staff was Al Saunders, a white receivers coach.

About time they hired someone white.

It's just a sign that the guy wants as much young talent as he can get. For all the cocksuckers moaning about mentoring, I am surprised there is not more crying. At the end of the day, youth is not by itself a solution to anything, nor is having veterans to teach. There are a million different formulas for winning, and the Browns have not found one yet.

I am not at all positive about trying to build with a bunch of crap you could have picked up for 1/2 price once all the good teams start releasing people.

Hartline.. Broke his Collarboner end of last season. How did that work out for Romo in his non WR position? They see medical on Hart, not us. Hawkins & Gabe both missed time with concussions. Hue & Saunders can watch Hartline, Gabe & Hawk on tape. WR OTA camp told them all they needed to know besides your camp guessing of Coleman, Louis, Payton, Higgins & Parks all being a bunch of UTFA's. Things don't work out in Vegas, Squealers' & Broncos love fans that pat themselves on the Back all the time. Cause they sure the hell can't reach their ass..

This a good sign. Must like what they see from the youngsters.

Zombo

Agreed....upside and potential beat mediocre every time....

How on earth will the Browns replace 46 catches and 2 touchdowns.

Ha!.....dilemma...

For Dwayne Bowe those numbers would take a decade to reach.

In his defense, you gotta play to produce and he didnt play(who's fault is that?....Pettine?....Bowe?....who knows?)......Id take his decade over any Browns WR's, past or present, considering his 8 years of production is more than any Browns WR ever.......and is just a few yards shy of what Ozzy did in 13 years......

In his defense, you gotta play to produce and he didnt play(who's fault is that?....Pettine?....Bowe?....who knows?)......Id take his decade over any Browns WR's, past or present, considering his 8 years of production is more than any Browns WR ever.......and is just a few yards shy of what Ozzy did in 13 years......

According to Doug Dieken, Bowe was a locker room cancer while in Cleveland. He was filling the heads of some of the younger players with negativity, finding fault is easy. I really don't care what he did for KC or any other team, he was a self centered POS that only showed up for a paycheck and nothing else.

Archived