THE BROWNS BOARD

The 40 Most Hated Players in NFL history

The Gipper

I'm going to get killed for this but for a Browns player, Joe Haden. Think fans overhyped him because there was nothing else and he fully embraced it. For the entire NFL Hines Ward, fake tough guy.

Ward was very high on the Sporting News List......so for Steeler fans...it is NOT just Browns fans that thought he was a dirty player. It was everyone. As good as he could be, he was still a blindside cheapshot artist.

As for Joe Haden.....I am not buying your BS. Joe is one of the most beloved Browns players by Browns fans. And he was and possibly could be again one of the best corners in the league. He has had some injuries which have cause off years. So what.

This isn't about "which really good player has really disappointed you lately"....its about who you "hate" in a sport sense. Joe Haden has done nothing to be hateful toward. He has never been accused of murder (Ray Lewis), he has never beat his wife/girlfriend (Ray Rice...and others), He hasn't killed dogs (Vick), he is not a cheapshot artist (Romanowski/Ward), he has never been a cancer in the locker room....(someone mentioned Bowe)...he hasn't gotten drunk and run over anyone with his car etc. etc.

But let me ask this question: How can both Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth not be on this list? They have both been convicted of Murder.

Look, as much as we hate Vick....and he is by all means hateable.......Carruth and Hernandez killed people....and Carruth, correct me if I am wrong killed his own unborn child just so he didn't have to pay child support.

How can Rae Carruth not be the most hated and hateable NFL player ever. (I mean....if we are going by degrees, what he did is even worse in my mind that what Hernandez and OJ may have done.)

Fair to say?

I meant the list you posted. I'd love your list though. Can't imagine the who the players could be. LOL

Honestly....as WSS said, it really would have to be the guys that did truly evil things. Certainly as stated: Carruth, Hernandez, vick

Although on this list, Vick didn't even make it. You gotta really consider all these guys:

http://www.arrestrecords.com/the-15-worst-crimes-committed-by-nfl-players/

6 Murderers (including OJ, Hernandez, Carruth)

1 Accomplice to Murder (Lewis)

2 Rapes

1 Statutory rape (Hollywood Henderson)

1 Hit and run killer

1 Home invader

1 Theft and Drugs (Leaf)

1 Drug Dealer (not sure why he is in here)

but no Vick

Archived