THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama and Guns

jbluhm86

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-responds-to-gun-store-owner-2016-6

Obama had some strong words for a gun-store owner who confronted him at a town-hall event in Indiana:

President Obama stuck around after a PBS Newshour town hall in Elkhart, Indiana, on Wednesday to answer a few questions.

He had some strong words for a gun-store owner who asked him why he and Hillary want to restrict and control the use of guns for the "good guys."
"First of all, the notion that I or Hillary or Democrats or whoever you want to choose are hell-bent on taking away folks’ guns is just not true," Obama said. "And I don’t care how many times the NRA says it."
Obama then claimed that there have actually been more guns sold since he has been president than any time in US history. And it's actually true: Gun sales — based on the number of FBI criminal-background checks — increased by 65% over the period between 2008 and 2013, according to the Annenberg Public Policy Center.
Obama continued:
"I just came from a meeting today in the Situation Room in which I got people who we know have been on ISIL Web sites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens, and we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun.
This is somebody who is a known ISIL sympathizer. And if he wants to walk in to a gun store or a gun show right now and buy as much — as many weapons and ammo as he can, nothing’s prohibiting him from doing that, even though the FBI knows who that person is."
"So, sir, I just have to say, respectfully, that there is a way for us to have common sense gun laws," Obama said. "... but the only way we’re going to do that is if we don’t have a situation in which anything that is proposed is viewed as some tyrannical destruction of the Second Amendment."

the problem is, jblu, that obamao is a liar.

he stood for Real Marriage - he lied.

he stood for TRANSPARENCY - he lied.

he stood for being post racial...he lied.

he stood for post-partisanship...he lied.

he is a damn liar about supporting our 2nd Amendment, and not wanting to take our guns.

Obama Praises Australia's Gun Confiscation - National Review
www.nationalreview.com/corner/380033/obama-praises...

Speaking to users of the blogging platform Tumblr, President Obama today praised Australia’s confiscation of firearms. Obama said: Couple of decades ago, Australia ...

We should all be thankful that there are true, clear-eyed patriots out there like you Cal.

So, can you let us all in on what really went down in the Situation Room then? Since, as you said, Obama lied, then you must've been in there and have the real scoop...

If you were trying to make your party look more pro-gun wouldn't you say the exact same thing?

Hillary is taking a beating and guns are one of many reasons. Just saying

Exactly. There is nothing he can say without the reaction being something along these lines. "He's lying" "It's all part of his scheme" etc

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380033/obama-praises-australias-gun-confiscation-charles-c-w-cooke

Obama Praises Australia’s Gun Confiscation
by CHARLES C. W. COOKE June 10, 2014 5:44 PM @CHARLESCWCOOKE Speaking to users of the blogging platform Tumblr, President Obama today praised Australia’s confiscation of firearms. Obama said: Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since. Our levels of gun violence are off the charts. There’s no advanced, developed country that would put up with this. In other words, the president of the United States just praised a government for forcefully removing all semi-automatic firearms (i.e. a remarkable number of the guns in America and the majority of those sold today) from its citizenry. Let me be clear, as Obama likes to say: You simply cannot praise Australia’s gun-laws without praising the country’s mass confiscation program. That is Australia’s law. When the Left says that we should respond to shootings as Australia did, they don’t mean that we should institute background checks on private sales; they mean that they we should ban and confiscate guns. No amount of wooly words can change this. Again, one doesn’t bring up countries that have confiscated firearms as a shining example unless one wishes to push the conversation toward confiscation. Worryingly, Obama appears not to understand how the American background check system works. He would like to see an arrangement, he said, in which anybody who wishes to buy a weapon has to “go through a fairly rigorous process so we know who you are, so that you can’t just walk up to a store and buy a semi-automatic weapon.” This is already the case. Under federal law, nobody in the United States can buy a gun from a store without a background check. The question at hand is whether one should have to undergo a background check when one sells a gun privately. Some states require residents to do so; others don’t. It is beyond astonishing that a president who considers his failure to reform the background-check system to be the defining low-point of his presidency has not yet bothered to acquaint himself with how that system actually operates. Obama gave the impression that gun-violence is on the increase. This is false. As both Pew and the Department of Justice recorded last year, the majority of Americans believe that gun violence is proliferating when it is in fact dropping. This year marked a 20-year low. More than anything, America has a copycat problem in its schools.
Hey, obamao, one more time, WE DO HAVE BACKGROUND CHECKS YOU STUPID MARXIST SUMBEITCH.
and have a nice day.

I don't think it's a very good argument that gun sales have increased under Obama. They have increased because people fear that he and Hillary will eventually get their way and seriously curtail folks ability to own firearms. If, for example, aspirin was about to become a prescription medication and quadruple, or more, in cost I bet people would start stockpiling aspirin off the drugstore Shelf.

Hillary's proposal to let the trial lawyer attack dogs loose on gun manufacturers if somebody uses one to commit a crime should just about put the clamps on the industry.

WSS

Obama doesn't do anything about guns

Right wing sites says he's totally gonna ban guns

Sales go up

Increased sales are used as evidence that Obama is gonna do something

Threatening executive action while winning an Oscar couldn't possibly have caused some unease among gun owners. No way.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/President-Barack-Obama-Mark-Barden-Newtown-Sandy-Hook-Gun-Control-364256131.html

The problem with "common sense" gun control is we've seen what that means in places like NJ, NY, and CA and many others.

The no fly list argument Obama keeps making is one that'd be supported by both parties - the only people who oppose it are the ones who don't trust the no fly list or the process of how people get on it.

The problem with "common sense" gun control is we've seen what that means in places like NJ, NY, and CA and many others.

The no fly list argument Obama keeps making is one that'd be supported by both parties - the only people who oppose it are the ones who don't trust the no fly list or the process of how people get on it.

Dont you think though that if normal everyday americans start showing up on that list, as the NRA breathlessly claims, that there would be a near revolt? I mean u land on that no fly list and not being able to buy a gun is the least of ur concerns.

Dont you think though that if normal everyday americans start showing up on that list, as the NRA breathlessly claims, that there would be a near revolt? I mean u land on that no fly list and not being able to buy a gun is the least of ur concerns.

They just need to streamline the list, people have ended up on it that shouldn't be. It's a pain to get off of it, they don't tell you when they put you on it.

this gov doesn't WANT to take anyone off it, they want

as many to be on it as possible - back door gun confiscation.

All social security folks, (too old)

all military folks (could have ptsd)

all anybody they can get away with, joke is on America.

We should all be thankful that there are true, clear-eyed patriots out there like you Cal.

So, can you let us all in on what really went down in the Situation Room then? Since, as you said, Obama lied, then you must've been in there and have the real scoop...

obama%2Bbeer2.jpg

Archived