THE BROWNS BOARD

Why it (probably) doesn't matter who wins the Presidency

jbluhm86

Heard this on the JRE podcast yesterday (originally aired back in 2013, but it's still poignant today);

Dan Carlin is an American political commentator and podcaster. Once a professional radio host, Carlin eventually took his show to the Internet, and he now hosts two popular independent podcasts: Common Sense and Hardcore History.

Don't tell that to Ed

Honestly, I'm pretty much with Ed for wanting Trump to win, but for possibly different reasons. I think that Trump is going to be the beautiful disaster of a president we need for people to finally wake up to how fucked the government has become, which will, hopefully, be the catalyst for actual change to our political system.

Trump is going to stop the TPP

Hillary is not

That is a huge difference not only in terms of losing jobs to more countries as free trade deals tend to do for us.

But the corporate power and internet freedoms and other big issues with the TPP and TTIP

If Trump succeeds in tearing up NAFTA or renegotiating it then he'll be one of the greatest POTUSes of all time

Honestly, I'm pretty much with Ed for wanting Trump to win, but for possibly different reasons. I think that Trump is going to be the beautiful disaster of a president we need for people to finally wake up to how fucked the government has become, which will, hopefully, be the catalyst for actual change to our political system.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. That would really be my main reason for voting Trump. I don't think he is the second coming of Jesus and will fix everything (like some on here). But a vote for Trump does make a "statement" against the current political structure.

Yeah... He really had no reason to lay into that judge and then point out that he's Mexican (born in Indiana...)

"This judge is bad. He's Mexican. See, Mexicans are bad."

Though I am interested in hearing from Ed why that's actually ok.

Yeah... He really had no reason to lay into that judge and then point out that he's Mexican (born in Indiana...)

"This judge is bad. He's Mexican. See, Mexicans are bad."

Though I am interested in hearing from Ed why that's actually ok.

It seems pretty reasonable to me to think that a La Raza judge might be a bit biased against Trump, no?

I agree with Trump. The judge is a MEMBER of la raza. La raza is AGAINST US STOPPING
ILLEGALS AND DEMAND AN OPEN BORDER.

Trump WILL BUILD A WALL.

The judge should have already recused himself - Trump has little chance? of getting a fair

decision from the biased judge. Trump is running for president, and his case, just so happens

to be a judge who opposes the wall Trump will build.

The judge has every motivation to rule against Trump, regardless of the lack of merit.

On any possible conflict of interest by a judge - the judge must step down.

Trump University Judge Is Member Of La Raza | The Daily Caller
dailycaller.com/2016/06/01/judge-presiding-over-trump...

United States District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel, the man presiding over the class-action lawsuit against Trump University, is a member of the La Raza ...

So Trump turns mexicans against himself by making various outrageous comments, then gets to complain that he would get an unfair trial from a mexican judge? I mean, I guess it makes sense, if you suspend the assumption that a qualification for being a judge is impartiality. But does that mean he gets to remove all mexicans from any position that might possibly oppose him - senate, supreme court, whatever?

The list of demographics he's offended and would be able to claim would be unfair to him is quite long though. Does he get to remove the female SCJs because he's made inflammatory remarks about various women?

So Trump turns mexicans against himself by making various outrageous comments, then gets to complain that he would get an unfair trial from a mexican judge? I mean, I guess it makes sense, if you suspend the assumption that a qualification for being a judge is impartiality. But does that mean he gets to remove all mexicans from any position that might possibly oppose him - senate, supreme court, whatever?

The list of demographics he's offended and would be able to claim would be unfair to him is quite long though. Does he get to remove the female SCJs because he's made inflammatory remarks about various women?

It sounds like offending everyone is a good legal strategy. It is the ace up your sleeve

Many people are offended on behalf of people Trump offended,like the African American guy who said "that wasn't racist, I'm voting for Trump"

He criticizes WHITE MALES, women, people of color , people in elected office.

What do we call that? Maybe equality.

Trump is doing so well because people are sick of being called a racist for everything.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ryan-trumps-comments-about-judge-are-textbook-racism/ar-BBtYkkw?li=BBnb7Kz

Textbook racism. No big fan of paul ryan but i do feel bad for him that he has to do the dmg control that megalomaniac imposes on the party.

At this point, it's basically like choosing between Ramsay and Joffrey to be your king, and who you pick comes down to whether you're Bolton or Lannister.

obamao already is. That's why people are flocking to Trump.

You libs made your own hell.

Yeah, because George Bush and his Patriot Act were a liberal idea. Conservatives can do just as much damage as liberals.

I highly recommend you actually watch the clip I posted if you haven't already done so.

You're missing my point. Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative - it doesn't matter. No person you're going to elect as President is going to do a damn thing to stop the corruption in government. Congress writes the laws. Who do you think would be affected the most by any supposed anti-corruption reform?

Exactly.

Those who are benefiting from corruption the most are the same ones who are writing our laws and governing us, so they certainly aren't going to do a damn thing about it.

The point is, the current system, as it is, is fundamentally broken; its fucked. There is no "fixing" what's broken right now - a corrupt government has no incentive to fix itself.

That's where I believe Trump comes in. Our government is like the dinosaurs, and Trump is the six-mile wide asteroid coming in hot to wipe the whole thing out. It'll only be after shit gets so bad under his administration that people will wake up and realize how far things have slipped, and will take things into their own hands.

I think Trump is the catalyst of a new, modern Constitution.

Whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends [life, liberty and the persuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government

-Thomas Jefferson

Trump is not going to "burn it down" the way you hope he does. Overall he's just a moderate presidential candidate with a new approach to foreign policy and trade, of course also with the emphasis on securing our borders. He happens to be less corrupt than the rest of them and has called for overturning citizens united and such, which is good.

Trump may release information to the public that may deliver some shock value that'd cause them to actually show up in the mid terms...like when he talks about declassifying 9/11 documents or auditing the federal reserve

Exactly. And Jblu..seriously, you still bring up the Patriot Act, and bitch about it.....

and obaMao made it stronger, has corrupt fbi/state dept/tsa/Injustice dept to go along with it....

and you won't bitch one single letter about it.

Bush is pres - Jblu HATES the Patriot Act, HATES the debt, HATES our soldiers' deaths overseas, HATES

our economy, HATES outing of a CIA "agent", HATES being in battle anywhere...

ObaMao is pres - Jblue doesn't give a damn about any of it, it's all fine with him, no big deal. nothing here to talk about, move on...

freakin bs.

The MSM says the "national council of la raza" has no affiliation with the "la raza lawyers association" (it does)

uEnXzj.jpg

La raza literally stands for "the race" the former president of the national council of la raza has called for killing white people in order to take California back.

Or can only white people be racist ?

Exactly. And Jblu..seriously, you still bring up the Patriot Act, and bitch about it.....

and obaMao made it stronger, has corrupt fbi/state dept/tsa/Injustice dept to go along with it....

and you won't bitch one single letter about it.

Bush is pres - Jblu HATES the Patriot Act, HATES the debt, HATES our soldiers' deaths overseas, HATES

our economy, HATES outing of a CIA "agent", HATES being in battle anywhere...

ObaMao is pres - Jblue doesn't give a damn about any of it, it's all fine with him, no big deal. nothing here to talk about, move on...

freakin bs.

Well, Professor X, thankfully you are here to read my mind and to put words into my mouth.

First of all if I didn't "give a damn about any of it" as you say, then I wouldn't bother wasting my time on political boards and debating about issues in the first place.

Secondly, you must have a hard time reading, because I distinctly wrote that "conservatives can do just as much damage AS liberals. That implies that liberals AND conservatives are both corrupt. I know that doesn't jive with your whole "liberal witch hunt", but I view both sides of the political system equally corrupt.

ah. I hope that still holds true when Trump is pres.

Everything was all Bush's fault, the buck stopped with him.

Never one admission about the dems being full of crap.

To me, it's a lefty way of bashing Bush, after nearly EIGHT FREAKING YEARS

of the president garbagebrain we have in our WH now.

Let me know when you want to actually bash obamao and higgardly, and the like.

I'll go make some coffee, toss some instant hot chocolate in it, and watch a good movie,

should only take you... a week? or two.

Well let's look at it this way there are plenty of women who think it's a historic moment that Hillary got the nomination. Not because she's worth a sweet fuck or that she is not a crook of the high degree but because she has a vagina.

Group number two are those who support illegal immigration. That's the truth. Not immigration, illegal immigration, criminals.

He's one of the Republicans not making a big deal out of homosexuality. And who can tell why Negroes love Hillary?

Democrats seem to have been counter to the assimilation for decades.

WSS

I just have the distinct feeling that Trump won't be able to keep certain rhetoric under lock and that will give lots of opportunities for Hillary and the media to clear her way to the White House.

I really hope I am wrong. Not that I am a big fan of Trump but because Hillary is the worst.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Also given the fact that the media will take every inglorious statement and amplify it as much as possible.

This latest shit with the judge, no one would care if a judge was forced to recuse himself for being affiliated with any non politically correct group.

For some reason La Raza gets a pass these days whereas the klan or Al queda probably wouldn't.

WSS

Archived