THE BROWNS BOARD

Kiper's 4 Round Mock

WPB Dawg Fan

#5 WR Michael Crabtree

#36 LB Clay Matthews

#50 RB LeSean McCoy

#104 CB Coye Francies

I could definitely live with that....but I still think we end up with at least 1 or 2 more first day picks.

I like most of it but I still say Crabtree will not be worth the money that a top 5 pick will demand. I say we are better off trading out or getting line help and taking another WR later in the first if we have it or in the second. But again I am probably the only one who feels this way.

Josh

Guest Aloysius

You can check out the complete mock here.

It's interesting that he has both English & Barwin going before we pick at #36. Some here may be content with Matthews, but others (myself included) may see this as evidence that we may not get a decent strongside rush backer if we don't take Orakpo at #5. On the other hand, he has a lot of the top receivers going in the late 1st, so we'll also have trouble finding a receiver if we don't go with Crabtree (I like Robiskie, but I wouldn't take him before #50).

Also a little bit surprised that Kiper has us passing on Mack at #36 and Delmas at #50. Personally, I'd be somewhat surprised if the Browns even got a shot at taking either of those guys in the second round.

not bad but I would prefer someone on the DL vs sean mccoy.. we need more help up front. Always plenty of backup runningbacks availbale.. and we can bring in a bunch of UDFA's and hope we hit.. DL is a bigger priority in my mind than RB.. don't get me wrong... we do need a RB... but there are free agents out there too.. I'd bring in these guys for a workout for a potential 1 year deal Rudy Johnson, Jesse Chatman, michael pittman, dominic rhodes, ricky williams... most of these guys can start in a pinch.. or at least push jamal for another year and get our future back next year.

It's interesting that he has both English & Barwin going before we pick at #36. Some here may be content with Matthews, but others (myself included) may see this as evidence that we may not get a decent strongside rush backer if we don't take Orakpo at #5. On the other hand, he has a lot of the top receivers going in the late 1st, so we'll also have trouble finding a receiver if we don't go with Crabtree (I like Robiskie, but I wouldn't take him before #50).

Also a little bit surprised that Kiper has us passing on Mack at #36 and Delmas at #50. Personally, I'd be somewhat surprised if the Browns even got a shot at taking either of those guys in the second round.

You make so many good points Aloy.

You know Kiper had to have us passing on Mack since he has us taking Crabtree in the 5th pick. He's thinking that Mangini would not go offense with his first two picks in the draft.

As much as I want all defense I would hope Mangini would be all over Mack if he is available at #36, especially when you consider that after Kris O'Dowd in 2010, you may not have another big time talent at center coming out. After O'Dowd your next center may be a Josh Mcneil who could be a third rounder

If the Browns think Mack has a chance of being there at #36 I hope they draft accordingy so we can get him in brown and orange.

I still think that there are going to be so many moves that draft day will not end up looking anything like what we see now.

Trade DA, Trade BE ... ask for ALL picks... throw the season, we wont win but 3 anyway ... Trade BQ ...Pick the best QB in 2010, fire the coach ...hire the "chin", ...rebuild OLD Muni.

pretty simple... I could see getting season tickets then.

If not these moves ...sell the team.

Bermeck (Mangini, Calipari ... wt freak with all these Italianos ???? :)

I have to agree with you. I'm okay with a WR at #5 and a OLB at #36, but if we keep Edwards I would be okay with it the other way also. Orakpo at 5 and Robiski at 50 would work for me. First, I don't like Mathews but I'm sure some on here do. Personally, I would rather have English, Barwin or even Sintim over Mathews. I still say Center and SS are bigger needs then RB and CB. Mack may be there at #36, unlikely, but he could be. I don't think there's any way Delmas is there at #50.

We need one more pick in the top 50 and we can get OLB, WR, SS and Center.

I have to agree with you. I'm okay with a WR at #5 and a OLB at #36, but if we keep Edwards I would be okay with it the other way also. Orakpo at 5 and Robiski at 50 would work for me. First, I don't like Mathews but I'm sure some on here do. Personally, I would rather have English, Barwin or even Sintim over Mathews. I still say Center and SS are bigger needs then RB and CB. Mack may be there at #36, unlikely, but he could be. I don't think there's any way Delmas is there at #50.

We need one more pick in the top 50 and we can get OLB, WR, SS and Center.

All of that works for me as well.....I don't really care who we draft as long as we get 2 better than solid starting players and a couple more guys capable of bouncing a few of the bums currently on the roster, off the roster.

All of that works for me as well.....I don't really care who we draft as long as we get 2 better than solid starting players and a couple more guys capable of bouncing a few of the bums currently on the roster, off the roster.

Actually, they should get 3 starters even if they don't do anything else to acquire more picks. Problem is not the talent at the top, it's that teams don't want to pay the price the top 5 picks are getting. So, trading down is hard.

#5, #36 and #50 can bring in a starting OLB, WR, DL, Center, Safety or RB and it really doesn't matter what order you pick them in. You just have to pull the trigger on the best players available, within your needs.

You don't pick a WR at #5 unless you believe a OLB that can start for you will still be there at #36. If you feel the Safety or Center is definate need then you may have to take your OLB at #5 and your SS or Center at #36 believeing that a WR will still be there at #50.

What needs you don't fill in the draft can be addressed by the remaining FAs after the draft. That's why you need to leave some cap room.

Trade DA, Trade BE ... ask for ALL picks... throw the season, we wont win but 3 anyway ... Trade BQ ...Pick the best QB in 2010, fire the coach ...hire the "chin", ...rebuild OLD Muni.

pretty simple... I could see getting season tickets then.

If not these moves ...sell the team.

Bermeck (Mangini, Calipari ... wt freak with all these Italianos ???? :)

Man, just shoot yourself and get it over with.

Actually, they should get 3 starters

I don't disagree at all...but...anybody can blow a pick when drafting, which I almost expect to happen, and I compare it to NFL standards, not Cleveland Browns standards because we don't have many players who could start for the majority of teams in the league.....might make a interesting thread.

This is a very important draft for this team.

We have to get 2 pretty darn good players.....not just starters.....guys who could start for nearly any team in the league.

If we get 2 of those....I am satisfied.

** This assumes we don't nab another high pick somewhere along the way.

I don't disagree at all...but...anybody can blow a pick when drafting, which I almost expect to happen, and I compare it to NFL standards, not Cleveland Browns standards because we don't have many players who could start for the majority of teams in the league.....might make a interesting thread.

This is a very important draft for this team.

We have to get 2 pretty darn good players.....not just starters.....guys who could start for nearly any team in the league.

If we get 2 of those....I am satisfied.

** This assumes we don't nab another high pick somewhere along the way.

You are right. The draft is a crap shoot. No matter how much you put into it or how much you study a guy, sometimes they just don't pan out. The NFL is a tough, violent game.

Crabtree? He's not going to be available. If he was, I wouldn't even take him. After reading the thread on his character issues: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4055 I really don't think he'd be right for Cleveland. And by Cleveland, I mean Mangini.

Here's thee words for ya... a hint, if you will: Oak A Pro.

I'm not crazy about Braylon for Draft picks..especially with Mangini's WHIFF on Golston last year as a pass rusher..he was a bust.. I'd rather keep Braylon who we KNOW can play than chancing on a bust.

In defense of Mangini....It's too early to call that pick a Whiff..... And almost every GM in the NFL thought Gholston was going to be a great player. Which he still may be. Sure can't come ot any conclusions after one year.

I posted this before but this is how i feel about the browns. I think that if Curry falls to #5 we will take him but if he doesnt which i doubt he will this is my mock draft.

As i see it we have alot of glaring needs and not enough picks. If we trade lets say Quinn or Edwards all we are going to do is create a bigger whole that will still need to be filled. Keep Quinn and Anderson first of all. Keep Edwards second. We need help on the D-Line, Corner, Safety, Wide Reciever, Center, Running Back. WE HAVE 6 POSITIONS THAT NEED STARTERS NOW. We only have 5 draft picks. Im no math whiz but even if we hit gold on all 5 picks we will still need help. I like Mangini picking up stop gap players but he can only find so many that fit the bill of cheap and team first players. So i have come to the conclusion thats its another Browns year lol. So if i was the GM here is my draft as i see it.

#5 Brian Orakpo DE Texas

#36 Louis Delmas FS Western Michigan

#50 Brian Robiskie WR Ohio State or Juaquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma

#104 Victor Harris CB Virginia Tech

#177 Ian Johnson RB Boise State

ROME WASNT BUILT OVERNIGHT

#5 Brian Orakpo DE Texas

I like that draft a lot.....But I don't think Harris will make it to the 4th. I think his 4.46 pro day really helped him. I think he could go early to mid 3rd round. I think it would be a real coup to get this kid with #104. I hope you are right.

I'm thinking Illinois OT Xavier Fulton in the 4th.

#5 Brian Orakpo DE Texas

ask anybody who knows anything about the 3-4 and they will tell you that the key is in the linebackers. we need a couple of solid lbs to stop the run and cover wide receivers and tight ends. drafting orakpo is ok and delmas would be ok, but the rest of the picks are garbage. i am not saying the players are garbage, but they would be terrible for our needs. also, the saying goes as follows "rome wasn't built in a day"

Yeah he might not fall that far. Its really hard to predict the later rounds cause it comes down to who gets selected where. he might go as high as third and late as us at the 4th. One thing i can say is he wont make it to the 5th. If there is no solid CB when the 4th comes aroun then we should pick up a center instead of a tackle. Here are a few Centers that i wouldnt mind drafting.

Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas - he blocked for Felix Jones and Darren Mcfadden.

or

A.Q Shippley C Penn State- put up 33 reps at the combine, strong solid center

For all you on this forum who seem to try and down so many people your lives must suck. Yes i know the saying was Rome wasnt built in a day but if you know me i always use my own phrase Rome wasnt built overnight. So lets get that out there and stop talking about the stupid stuff and talk more about stuff everyone comes here for, to talk about Browns football!!!!!!

For all you on this forum who seem to try and down so many people your lives must suck. Yes i know the saying was Rome wasnt built in a day but if you know me i always use my own phrase Rome wasnt built overnight. So lets get that out there and stop talking about the stupid stuff and talk more about stuff everyone comes here for, to talk about Browns football!!!!!!

hey noobie, double the dosage and get off the board. this doesn't consume our lives like you want it to. shut up and leave.

I guess being a member since January doesnt make you a newb. I never said we didnt need LB's. As i see it we have a solid lb in Jackson, a veteran in Barton, a who knows in Wimbley. Other than that it looks pretty weak. To say we need a lb would be an understatement, but to say we need alot of positions would be an understatement. Just look at our #2 WR? Steptoe? Come on. Look at our corners besides Wright. Mcdonald? Come on.

ask anybody who knows anything about the 3-4 and they will tell you that the key is in the linebackers. we need a couple of solid lbs to stop the run and cover wide receivers and tight ends. drafting orakpo is ok and delmas would be ok, but the rest of the picks are garbage. i am not saying the players are garbage, but they would be terrible for our needs. also, the saying goes as follows "rome wasn't built in a day"

So you are saying after the two first picks the rest of his draft is junk because he hasn't added more inside LB's?

Tell me what inside LB's around #50 is going to worth it at that slot?

It's pretty easy to tell someone his picks are junk while you sure didn't come up with any better suggestions. I can't wait to hear what ILB's are going to be a good pick at #50

If the Browns draft Orakpo as the thread indicates, Right now the Browns will have these players at the LB position.

Orakpo

Barton

Bowens

Bell

Wimbley

Jackson

Hall

Williams

And you want to waste more picks on more LB's with picks #50 and 104 when a center is needed, a right tackle is needed, better depth at WR is needed, depth at corner (Nickle and dime situations) is needed ....... WOW!!!

I think that could wait until next year as the Browns have their short term LB's in place for 2009.

By the way, it isn't "Noobie"...It's "Newbie".....As in "New"? Thought I'd let you know since you were so quick to be hard on him for his Rome quote.

So you are saying after the two first picks the rest of his draft is junk because he hasn't added more inside LB's?

Tell me what inside LB's around #50 is going to worth it at that slot?

It's pretty easy to tell someone his picks are junk while you sure didn't come up with any better suggestions. I can't wait to hear what ILB's are going to be a good pick at #50

If the Browns draft Orakpo as the thread indicates, Right now the Browns will have these players at the LB position.

Orakpo

Barton

Bowens

Bell

Wimbley

Jackson

Hall

Williams

And you want to waste more picks on more LB's with picks #50 and 104 when a center is needed, a right tackle is needed, better depth at WR is needed, depth at corner (Nickle and dime situations) is needed ....... WOW!!!

I think that could wait until next year as the Browns have their short term LB's in place for 2009.

By the way, it isn't "Noobie"...It's "Newbie".....As in "New"? Thought I'd let you know since you were so quick to be hard on him for his Rome quote.

i am saying that we need linebackers. it would be great to get two with 2 of our first three picks. what i meant is that i would either one of those picks but not both. my mistake. if we took orakpo, then we go after a lb. if we trade down and get a lb then we can go after the safety. we could use either one, but not both right now. as far as the noobie debate, the form i use is common among bideo game players on xbox live. yeah, i know im a loser in that aspect of my life but hey, i can admit it

Archived