THE BROWNS BOARD

New James Bond?

Rumours are swirling at the moment. Names like Tom Hiddleston, Damien Lewis, Idris Elba, Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender are being thrown around. Do you have any favourites? Should Elba immediately be disqualified because he's black? And no, that's not racist ;) What other actors not really mentioned?

Perhaps a female bond? Joanna Bond? Certainly would give lots of different angles - Bond normally sleeps with the bad guy's lady to get close, but if Bond is a lady, she can go directly after him? Though, Bond is obviously a tough SOB and a woman might be a harder sell in that area.

There's no announcement due, but it seems normally they end up going with someone who's not already a very well known actor - Daniel Craig had done Layer Cake and a few other things before, but was nowhere near as famous as the guys above.

I wouldn't mind seeing an 'old james bond' movie where he's reflecting on his career - like McKellen just did with Sherlock. That would be quite interesting.

Personally I can't stand Melissa McCarthy in anything other than Gilmore Girls.

Actually, except for the fact that he's probably physically unable to perform, I wouldn't mind seeing Sean Connery do the old Bond thing.

And no I haven't like Melissa McCarthy in anything actually but she doesn't seem like a bitch. Same deal with Adam Sandler.

WSS

McCarthy just seems to want to be a female version of a nineties 'shock jock' comedian. Like, OMG, she's pooping in the streets! Trololol! Yeah, Bridesmaids got turned off pretty quickly after that. It's not funny when a guy does it, it's not funny when she does it.

Sean Connery would be good in that. The old bond thing - it could just be recounting with various flashbacks; could even be a miniseries - where Connery just sits telling some kid about it; he's glad to have someone to share this with as his life has obviously left him very lonely. Or, it could be 'one last mission' type, but I think that genre is pretty tapped out with things like Expendables, RED etc.

One of the mainstays of my opinions is the fact that the presence of Sean Connery in a film adds an extra letter grade to its score.

WSS

I have a few actors I'm like that with. Ian McKellen is one. Ryan Reynolds is another.

I have a few actors I'm like that with. Ian McKellen is one. Ryan Reynolds is another.

Ryan Reynolds surprises me. No disrespect to the young man but I never put him in the upper echelon.

Which roles do you think he is best in?

Gary Oldman and Kenneth Branagh will convince me to come see a movie.

WSS

Should be me - in the AF, OSI tried to recruit me before my enlistment was up. (or more likely, a guest appearance

on our favorite show, NCIS...)

and I was in our senior class play...

and I like my root beer shaken, not stirred... :)

Archived