THE BROWNS BOARD

Georgia student hero stabbed to death on day Governor vetoed student ccw bill

calfoxwc

no, I understand self-defense. You do not.

Guns can be used for excellent self-defense.

Like, against being knifed to death.

Does this have to be explained another hundred times?

because i'm someone of somewhat higher inquisitive nature than some of you here i have some questions about this instance.....if said hero had a firearm, would he have been allowed to draw it upon seeing this altercation? The article says the guy was "groping" two females....something tells me there's some specifics there that are quite intentionally being left out but i'll digress. If the altercation in question was not severe enough to warrant an immediate drawing of the weapon, than having a weapon on him as he intervened up close would probably not have saved his life. A knife will beat an undrawn firearm at stabbing distance almost every time. THis is why cops are taught from nearly day one not to let a knife weilder get inside 10-15 ft EVEN when the officer has his weapon already drawn. Because it's been shown a knife weilder can close that distance quite quickly and in many cases take a bullet or two, especially against a 9mm...and that assumes the officer isn't errant with his shots.

That being said i think it probably is time for college campus's to allow CCW's.

actually, the rule is 21 feet, the distance we qualify for on the pistol ccw license training range.

https://www.policeone.com/edged-weapons/articles/102828-Edged-Weapon-Defense-Is-or-was-the-21-foot-rule-valid-Part-1/

because i'm someone of somewhat higher inquisitive nature than some of you here i have some questions about this instance.....if said hero had a firearm, would he have been allowed to draw it upon seeing this altercation? The article says the guy was "groping" two females....something tells me there's some specifics there that are quite intentionally being left out but i'll digress. If the altercation in question was not severe enough to warrant an immediate drawing of the weapon, than having a weapon on him as he intervened up close would probably not have saved his life. A knife will beat an undrawn firearm at stabbing distance almost every time. THis is why cops are taught from nearly day one not to let a knife weilder get inside 10-15 ft EVEN when the officer has his weapon already drawn. Because it's been shown a knife weilder can close that distance quite quickly and in many cases take a bullet or two, especially against a 9mm...and that assumes the officer isn't errant with his shots.

That being said i think it probably is time for college campus's to allow CCW's.

21 ft and 9mm really is irrelevant to the discussion. No pistol is going to take someone off of their feet because physics. So a 9 is preferable because you get more chances to put them down.

Oh yeah? I didnt know the fbi was changing back. Why is the 9mm making a comeback?

Better bullet design and better understanding of wound ballistics. Pistols generally blow at stopping someone immediately (one shot stops). They realized that and decided that capacity coupled with better bullets means more chances to drop the target.

Archived