Is Pronk Back?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How many home runs for Hafner?

• Less than 20
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35+

That bomb in the 8th inning was incredible. Maybe some of us (myself included) weren't as impressed with his homers in a hitters' park in meaningless situations, but today with a runner on in the bottom of the 8th in a tight game...that was big.

So pretty simple question. Is Pronk back?

That bomb in the 8th inning was incredible. Maybe some of us (myself included) weren't as impressed with his homers in a hitters' park in meaningless situations, but today with a runner on in the bottom of the 8th in a tight game...that was big.

So pretty simple question. Is Pronk back?

He's back.....That bomb was classic Pronk. A line drive svreamer that left the park in a blink of an eye.

He looks comfortable for the first time in along time. The more confidence he gains, Well, the more walks he'll get cuz AL pitchers will want nothing to do with him.

I just want to get back that feeling late in a game thinking "Yes! Hafner's on deck!"

Until yesterday I was still kind of in the "don't blow it" mood. But if he's healthy and confident, I still think he has what it takes to be a feared hitter. I don't think he's a cleanup hitter but we don't really have anyone better on the roster. Luckily we have a prototypical #3 hitter and pretty good protection behind him, he definitely has what's needed to be incredibly productive.

And just for the record, I voted 25-29.

I just want to get back that feeling late in a game thinking "Yes! Hafner's on deck!"

Until yesterday I was still kind of in the "don't blow it" mood.

That's *exactly* how I feel. He's more of an oddity than a force to me. Drop what I'm doing to watch him at the plate but have little confidence when it comes to expectations.

And just for the record, I voted 25-29.

Me too. Hope we're both beyond wrong.

Beanpot

Archived