THE BROWNS BOARD

who will go #1

Solon16

Any thoughts? My feeling is Jason smith is the smart choice. Not sold on Stafford as #1 overall....my initial mock has Stafford going to Seatlle ... J. smith, Monroe, curry, Stafford and either Orakpo or Crabtree for the Browns.

If the Lions can't trade the pick I'm going to say Smith. Backus moves to guard. Linehan wants to run and the Lions gave up way too many sacks last year. Smith is a beast.

I have a bad feeling that the Browns will deal Quinn and we'll draft Sanchez at #5.

Im going to say this once, and will not address it again.

Curry is a bust. He played against weak offenses for almost his whole career, and he is way overrated due to his consistency. Curry is the safest LB, maybe even the safest overall player in this draft. He will be a starter in the NFL, and he will average D'Qwell like numbers. He is not an opposing force that will strike fear into RB's and QB's. I dont see him being the NFL's greatest, or worth a first round. Personally, after evaluating him myself for some time, he measures up to a high second in my eyes. He is not a game changer, he is an incredibly solid and consistent player, he is the T.J. Houshmanzada of linebackers, he's no Randy Moss, which is what some peopel are portraying him as.

On that note, I believe he will be taken second in round 1 of the draft, and Stafford will go first.

Im going to say this once, and will not address it again.

Curry is a bust. He played against weak offenses for almost his whole career, and he is way overrated due to his consistency. Curry is the safest LB, maybe even the safest overall player in this draft. He will be a starter in the NFL, and he will average D'Qwell like numbers. He is not an opposing force that will strike fear into RB's and QB's. I dont see him being the NFL's greatest, or worth a first round. Personally, after evaluating him myself for some time, he measures up to a high second in my eyes. He is not a game changer, he is an incredibly solid and consistent player, he is the T.J. Houshmanzada of linebackers, he's no Randy Moss, which is what some peopel are portraying him as.

On that note, I believe he will be taken in the second round of the draft, and Stafford will go first.

also you have to remember that he is switching positions and there is a huge learning curve for mlbs. it just seems that he will never build up to the ray lewis-like comparisons he is getting.

Alex "I want my Bud" Boone! Woohoo!

My brother has called him "Bud Boone" for a couple of years now.....Just cracks me up.

i have a friend that graduated from st eds with boone and he said that boone may be the dumbest person to ever live. he fits the profile.

i have a friend that graduated from st eds with boone and he said that boone may be the dumbest person to ever live. he fits the profile.

No doubt about it...The profile fits.

What a shame too. The kid had potential. I remember watching a couple St. Eds game on TV his senior year and he completely dominated.

Before someone says anything....Sorry for making this into a Bud Boone thread! ;)

Guest Aloysius
STAFFORD TELLING TEAMMATES HE’LL BE A LION

Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2009, 6:47 p.m.

Last week, we’ve heard that the Lions have locked onto Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

The information came from a source with knowledge of the team’s thinking.

This week, we’re hearing the same thing, but from the player’s perspective.

As we hear it, Stafford is telling his former Bulldog teammates that he’ll be the pick, and that he’ll receive more than $40 million, guaranteed, under the contract that the team will pay him.

Stafford is characterizing the move as a “done deal.”

If true, there’s no further reason for the Lions to continue to put out the “signability” nonsense to rest, and for the Lions to announce that Stafford is the guy sooner rather than later.

If Stafford is really the guy for the Lions and is is a done deal then they can sign him right now they don't have to wait till draft day. They are on the clock.

So, I would say he's an option, but if he wants $40 million guaranteed the Lions may be exploring other options.

They would be dumb to sign him now, wait, never know who may come calling deciding they want the #1 pick and pay them something worth it.

They would be dumb to sign him now, wait, never know who may come calling deciding they want the #1 pick and pay them something worth it.

Remember the Dolphins signed Long well before the draft last year.

If a team has no doubt that he's their guy and they are sure no unbelievable deals are headed their way then it doesn't matter if they sign him early.

But What advantage do they have to signing them early? you have them sign the contract in the green room before you draft him that you agree too before hand. If they don't sign it you move on to #2!

But What advantage do they have to signing them early? you have them sign the contract in the green room before you draft him that you agree too before hand. If they don't sign it you move on to #2!

If he's their guy and it is a done deal then they can sign him now and you don't have to worry about a holdout. If you have a question or are thinking about trading down then you wait. In that case, it isn't a done deal.

The truth is teams don't want the top picks because of the vast amount of guaranteed money the top picks want. You always have teams willing to trade down but it's hard to find teams who want to trade up.

Personally, I think Stafford and Sanchez are too iffy to put that kind of money into. I think they end up with Smith.

Guest Aloysius

In addition to the PFT report, Scout.com's Chris Steuber is now reporting that sources are telling him that the Lions have decided to take Stafford.

agreed, hence me worried every time i hear us being linked with Sanchez

There is a potential upside to drafting a junior qb if they are a fast study they come with less baggage and injury sanchez will be a very good qb with some on the job training but my argument is so will BQ if he ever gets the chance so its kinda stupid for us to even consider a rookie qb with a team full of far more urgent needs..

Archived