THE BROWNS BOARD

Name your top 5 offensive players in this division.

SkippinTurtles

So? No one disputes my list of top AFCN Defensive players?

Actually....I think the AFCN is going to be a weaker division this year. Unlike some who think the AFCN could get as many as 3 teams in, I think we will just get the one.

As noted....I think there is a dearth of talent on defense. Neither Baltimore nor Pittsburgh have the kind of defenses they both had just a few years ago. Cinci's defense is the best....but I can't say that that is a great...or even really good defense. It is a B or B- defense.

The Browns, of course, (as always it seems) are in flux. Injuries to veterans and so many young unproven players.

The offenses in this division are ahead of the defenses.....but defense wins championships.....ask the Broncos.

Drop the Pro Bowl attendees cause the best don't play there anymore? They "so call recover". Pitts defense is gett-able now due to coaching, but have talent. But you better score, cause they are.. Don't forget Ray Malanuga & Cinny added Dansby. Again, Cinny is loaded on defense but could be offensively challenged starting with no H. Jackson..

Big Ben (pretty obvious)

Antonio Brown (nobody can cover him)

Joe Thomas (enough said)

La'Veon Bell (hate to say it, but it's true. I know he's got suspension issues, but the guy is very talented)

Josh Gordon (he's in the league, for now, and he's stupidly talented)

I could have gone with multiple Bengals as well, including Eiffert and A.J. Green. In fact, a very solid argument could be made to replace Gordon with Green, but I'm supremely biased, hahaha. It hurt me to put that many Steelers on the list, but it's true. They have star power galore on their offense, and that's pretty obvious.

Big Ben (pretty obvious)

Antonio Brown (nobody can cover him)

Joe Thomas (enough said)

La'Veon Bell (hate to say it, but it's true. I know he's got suspension issues, but the guy is very talented)

Josh Gordon (he's in the league, for now, and he's stupidly talented)

I could have gone with multiple Bengals as well, including Eiffert and A.J. Green. In fact, a very solid argument could be made to replace Gordon with Green, but I'm supremely biased, hahaha. It hurt me to put that many Steelers on the list, but it's true. They have star power galore on their offense, and that's pretty obvious.

Exxcept they will be down one star player.

Plus, I asked this elsewhere......does anyone think that BR can last through this season unscathed by injury?

Plus, I asked this elsewhere......does anyone think that BR can last through this season unscathed by injury? Gipper

Nope. The first time he throws an INT, or they lose a game,

he will be "injured".

The more serious question is, will all ladies around him go unscathed by him til the season is over?

It's probably Joe Haden, but obviously he comes with question marks. It's very difficult to gauge his effectiveness due to the vast injuries and incompetent coaching staff, but Haden can definitely play. Lord how we need this guy to be healthy, but as we all know, he's NOT healthy. I believe Haden vowed not to miss the first game of the season, but part of his problem last year was that he barely participated in training camp. He never fully found his rhythm, and he then he became injured.

I hope to hell that we don't have a repeat. How far along is the ankle? What kind of shape will he be in? Will he have lingering aspects of the surgery? When will he even be able to practice?

Lord we need this guy. Just take a look at our DB's....ugh. On the plus side, if our team can JUST get a little damn luck, the secondary could be vastly different from what most of us think it will be. Gilbert has the physical tools...can he be reached by a different staff? Is he just a lost cause? If....(and it's a HUGE if), but IF he can truly play and be a competent starting DB, we are much better off than we think.

Based upon on-field performance and not relatively baseless projections... have to say Haden.

What other alternatives are there?

Des "Lost-for-the-Season" Bryant?

Paul "I-had-one-great-year" Kruger?

Better pray the whole is greater than the sum of our parts...

Based upon on-field performance and not relatively baseless projections... have to say Haden.

What other alternatives are there?

Des "Lost-for-the-Season" Bryant?

Paul "I-had-one-great-year" Kruger?

Better pray the whole is greater than the sum of our parts...

Yep. I feel we could be like Jacksonville were last year - a lot of fun to watch on O, capable of putting up a lot of points, but with basically not much on D. A lot of potential that needs to be realised. If Shelton holds the line, Orchard and Ogbah can live up to their college numbers, if Haden and Williams can play at their previously pro bowl level, if Davis/Kirksey works out as a run stuffing/coverage duo, and if poyer/campbell step up in the middle of it all, it could be great. But not all of that will happen. Hopefully two or three of those things happen at least, or it could be a very long year.

Who really is the Browns Best defender right now?

Ha!....sadly, there are no stand out players....and, I think, we cut the best one(Dansby).....

So, if healthy, it would have to be Haden, who is the only pro-bowl caliber defender on our roster....

But, my dark horse for best player "this year" is gonna be Orchard.....

One plays for the Browns and is currently in our good graces. Therefore he is the best.

Remember when Jordan Cameron was walking into Canton, look how quickly that changed.

"The Cleveland Browns, elevating mediocre talent to superstar status since 99"

Archived