THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump invites the Russians to find Hillary's emails

Let me ask you sir would you prefer the 33000 emails be found or not?

The options would be probably yes it's important to know if there's any malfeasance or ignorance is bliss.

Also I have no idea of your position at the time but I remember many of the folks on the left praising WikiLeaks as heroic when they were fucking with the right.

WSS

I think most of us have said we'd like to see the content of those emails. But lets not play stinky pinky about wut er're adking the roooskies to do ok?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because it is espionage you dolt. And if they'd done it to the RNC you'd be impotently clamoring for war. Side note: I'm glad the russians did it.

Sorry, Cleve, but it's not espionage... nothing material to the security of the US was delivered to the Russians.

Nor is it sedition... we are not at war with Russia.

What Trumps comments might be in violation of is the Logan Act.

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799 ) is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments having a dispute with the U.S.

"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects."

Fit like a glove? No... but if a lawyer can conclude waterboarding is not torture...

For the record... I do not think this is a significant transgression by Trump. But merely another in his succession of verbal diarrhea episodes that will continue to accumulate. Will enough come in the next 105 days (?) to ensure his defeat? Don't know... but I think the odds are there will be a doozy that does.

Trump is getting security briefings. One of Trump's characteristics is showing what he knows. I can't see him going 100+ days without blurting out classified information at some point. Probably in defense of some outlandish statement he just made.

And that will be the end of him...

For the record... I do not think this is a significant transgression by Trump. But merely another in his succession of verbal diarrhea episodes that will continue to accumulate. Will enough come in the next 105 days (?) to ensure his defeat? Don't know... but I think the odds are there will be a doozy that does.

Trump is getting security briefings. One of Trump's characteristics is showing what he knows. I can't see him going 100+ days without blurting out classified information at some point. Probably in defense of some outlandish statement he just made.

And that will be the end of him...

bc9.jpg

For the record I think the CNBC article is pretty much spot on - DNC+HRC campaign pushing a red scare hit job on Trump, with headlines including 33,000 deleted emails - compromised national security. Looks like a win for Trump to me - combined with the disastrous DNC and protesters that they can't run from.

Trump kept it from being "Historical first woman nominee" nonsense all week

es·pi·o·nage

ˈespēəˌnäZH/

noun

the practice of spying or of using spies, typically by governments to obtain POLITICAL and military information.

synonyms: spying, infiltration; More

If the russians hacked the dnc, how does it not fall under espionage per that definition?

He's clearly triggered for the 7th time leave him alone

bc9.jpg

For the record I think the CNBC article is pretty much spot on - DNC+HRC campaign pushing a red scare hit job on Trump, with headlines including 33,000 deleted emails - compromised national security. Looks like a win for Trump to me - combined with the disastrous DNC and protesters that they can't run from.

Trump kept it from being "Historical first woman nominee" nonsense all week

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you are able to find the 30,000 e-mails

that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press." Tour

WRONG. Not one point of his quote says anything about hacking into the higgardly

secret private servers.

He simply said that since they have, if in the stuff they have now, if the 30,000

emails are in the stuff they have already...

to release them.

I agree, if they have them in the stuff they have hacked (very bad), release them.

Nothing he said tells them to hack. THEY HAVE ALREADY HACKED. Tour, you're just wrong.

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you are able to find the 30,000 e-mails

that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press." Tour

WRONG. Not one point of his quote says anything about hacking into the higgardly

secret private servers.

He simply said that since they have, if in the stuff they have now, if the 30,000

emails are in the stuff they have already...

to release them.

I agree, if they have them in the stuff they have hacked (very bad), release them.

Nothing he said tells them to hack. THEY HAVE ALREADY HACKED. Tour, you're just wrong.

You are interpreting Trump's statement. I am not. I merely produced the quote which neither prescribes any method nor disavows any method.

so he isn't telling them to go find it, as in, hack.

they know where it is, because they've already hacked.

what I said. Our garage is a clusterfook - I can't find anything small,

we need to redo the whole thing. I can't even park in it.

es·pi·o·nage

ˈespēəˌnäZH/

noun

the practice of spying or of using spies, typically by governments to obtain POLITICAL and military information.

synonyms: spying, infiltration; More

If the russians hacked the dnc, how does it not fall under espionage per that definition?

Websters is not the defining entity here... Congress is.

The 1918 Espionage act "made it a crime:

• To convey information with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the armed forces of the United States or to promote the success of its enemies. This was punishable by death or by imprisonment for not more than 30 years or both.
  • To convey false reports or false statements with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the military or naval forces of the United States or to promote the success of its enemies when the United States is at war, to cause or attempt to cause insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, refusal of duty, in the military or naval forces of the United States, or to willfully obstruct the recruiting or enlistment service of the United States. This was punishable by a maximum fine of $10,000 or by imprisonment for not more than 20 years or both."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espionage_Act_of_1917#Amendments

The 1918 Sedition act went further, but was repealed in 1921.

Subsequent amendments have added, removed and reorganized the original act. None of which I read as bending the Act towards Webster's definition. But you can get the jist of them from the above link.

If there's a Federal statute that applies, it's the Logan Act.

Our garage is a clusterfook - I can't find anything small,

we need to redo the whole thing. I can't even park in it.

HA! I can get one in my 2-car garage... the other side is floor to ceiling...

Need a good deal on some vintage audio?

He's asking the russians to find them whether they already have them, which trump couldnt possibly know lest he's a deep mole, or not. Find them by whatevet means necessary. All this debating about nuance is passe, he said what he said it couldnt be clearer.....he wants the russians to intercede in american politics.

Now it might in the end be a good thing for us that yhe russians fo that, im acknowledging that fact.....but then we have to acknowledge something about the russians most of u are loathe to.

The 33,000 e-mails he was referring to don't exist anymore and were unrecoverable by the FBI (supposedly)

Do you mean the supposedly unrecoverable ones the FBI "found"??

The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014. We found those additional e-mails in a variety of ways. Some had been deleted over the years and we found traces of them on devices that supported or were connected to the private e-mail domain. Others we found by reviewing the archived government e-mail accounts of people who had been government employees at the same time as Secretary Clinton, including high-ranking officials at other agencies, people with whom a Secretary of State might naturally correspond.

This helped us recover work-related e-mails that were not among the 30,000 produced to State. Still others we recovered from the laborious review of the millions of e-mail fragments dumped into the slack space of the server decommissioned in 2013.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

They got pieces and parts and evidences of their existence, that's about it.

"Clinton's lawyer's wiped their devices to preclude complete forensic recovery"

She wiped them because they were all about yoga and Chelsea's wedding, of course

Dont look at me u guys are the ones shaving ur pussies hoping vladimir notices you

Like I said before and gotten a little disagreement from some of my friends I have no problem with the Russians. I think we should have a much closer relationship with them and team up against common enemies. I don't think their form of government is worth a shit so I don't see them competing with us on the world stage. I don't think they have the money or the resources to take over too many more countries, but the ones that want to jump on board with Communism good luck.

WSS

What about the cubans now?

Just saying you seem to not only be up in arms about the Russian communists but also an erstwhile defender of the presidents policies. Or at least you're really attack anybody who speaks ill of him. Are you just as outraged with getting in bed with a Cuban communist?

Are you equally outraged about the Millions the Clinton Foundation has gotten from the Russians and the fact that she helped swing a huge uranium deal? Or are you just bitching because it's cool to bitch about Donald Trump?

WSS

Just saying you seem to not only be up in arms about the Russian communists but also an erstwhile defender of the presidents policies. Or at least you're really attack anybody who speaks ill of him. Are you just as outraged with getting in bed with a Cuban communist?

Are you equally outraged about the Millions the Clinton Foundation has gotten from the Russians and the fact that she helped swing a huge uranium deal? Or are you just bitching because it's cool to bitch about Donald Trump?

WSS

I'm not bitching about Trump, i'm just saying let's be honest about what he's saying. Cause i beleive i stated that if the Russians have those emails and release em, in the long run it might be best for our country that we see exactly how things play out on those elite levels. Beleive when i say that insider republicans likely want no part of those emails either, and are probably irritated with Trump for bringing them up like that...hence why Pence got infront of a mic and pumped the brakes on that. I'm not pro or anti russia at the moment, cause i really don't know that guys long game. I'm just not ignorant of what the U.S has done in the past, but find it funny how quickly you guys try to work Putins tip into your holes the second there's some way to make the democrats look bad. I'm just saying, careful what you wish for.

As for Cuba i have zero problem with Obama reopening relations with them. I knew guys over the years that got into Cuba through other south american countries and bribed their customs not to stamp where they were going. All of them said how much they loved it.

They got pieces and parts and evidences of their existence, that's about it.

Others we found by reviewing the archived government e-mail accounts of people who had been government employees at the same time as Secretary Clinton, including high-ranking officials at other agencies, people with whom a Secretary of State might naturally correspond.

This helped us recover work-related e-mails that were not among the 30,000 produced to State. Still others we recovered from the laborious review of the millions of e-mail fragments dumped into the slack space of the server decommissioned in 2013.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

So I guess the 33,000 missing emails on her server did contain sensitive information?

Pretty good guess... not 100%, but pretty good.

Archived