THE BROWNS BOARD

What would you rather have...

David Sentendrey

With all of the trade rumors circulating and the possibility of picking up extra draft picks, the next week and a half is exciting, in good and bad ways. Here is a proposed idea of what could happen if we trade a few of our key players.

Who would you rather have a combination of...

#5 pick

Brady Quinn

Braylon Edwards

or with trading Quinn and Edwards

Michael Crabtree

Chris "Beanie" Wells

Clay Matthews Jr.

w/ Derek Anderson at the helm.

Personally, I would deal Edwards and Quinn in a heartbeat if we could come out with these draft picks. It would upgrade our offense immediately, linebacking would be solid enough for this year with the depth added from free agency and I like Alex Hall so far, maybe a healthy Beau Bell can step up, and we can address a Center in round two and possibly a safety? Then use the later rounds for as much depth as we can get.

I hate how the Browns seem to re-build every other year, but I have a good feeling about the new regime. Also, we're not as far off from playoffs as people think. We had some bad luck last year, but I think we have to address QB and make a decision and stick with it, regardless of which young guy it is.

Or maybe we can just flip a coin?

DA's limitations killed the Browns in their playoff year, and last year devasted them.

He should go. Get rid of Quinn? And what? spend another much higher pick on a qb?

Why trade Quinn? The gain overall isn't there at all.

That would be dumb.

i'd rather have the second, to be honest.

more overall strength to the team (particularly defense) is important.

you can trade BQ and BE and weaken those positions, but strengthen the team as whole for the long haul.

those two alone, without other needed changes, aren't enough to carry us.

It makes me violently ill that I'm about to do this, but anyway:

Look at the stoolers. Arguably the best defense in the last 5 years. James Harrison should have ended the last SuperBowl but Warner, Boldin & Fitz would not be denied. Playmakers on offense can find a weakness in the leagues best defense.

Also, it still took a miracle play or two from Big Gay Frankenstein for Pitshole to walk away with another Lombardi.

With the LB/pass-rusher depth in this draft, scenario #1, definitely.

It makes me violently ill that I'm about to do this, but anyway:

Look at the stoolers. Arguably the best defense in the last 5 years. James Harrison should have ended the last SuperBowl but Warner, Boldin & Fitz would not be denied. Playmakers on offense can find a weakness in the leagues best defense.

Also, it still took a miracle play or two from Big Gay Frankenstein for Pitshole to walk away with another Lombardi.

so, what are you saying....of the two options?

oh.

i forgot he put those names attached to the possible trades.

i think people are drinking too much big-name offensive player Kool-aid regarding the trades.

it'd be cool to see, but i think a wise team would use extra picks to shore up the defensive and O line.

maybe one of the three for a big-name player

DA's limitations killed the Browns in their playoff year, and last year devasted them.

He should go. Get rid of Quinn? And what? spend another much higher pick on a qb?

Why trade Quinn? The gain overall isn't there at all.

That would be dumb.

DA and his limitations got them to 10 wins coming off of a 4 win season. You call '07 their "playoff year" but it wasn't so. 9-10 wins got a few teams into the playoffs that season, including Superbowl Champion New York, who was led by a QB who had a significantly worse regular season statistically than DA.

oh.

i forgot he put those names attached to the possible trades.

i think people are drinking too much big-name offensive player Kool-aid regarding the trades.

it'd be cool to see, but i think a wise team would use extra picks to shore up the defensive and O line.

maybe one of the three for a big-name player

We've got plenty of young(ish) developmental linemen on both sides of the ball. I just think we would run into too many cap problems and uncertainty with the 15 of first 25 picks scenarios that get people so hyped up about. We've already got plenty of uncertainty thanks to RAC not giving our young guys (drafted in the last 2-3 years) a shot at playing more.

DA and his limitations got them to 10 wins coming off of a 4 win season. You call '07 their "playoff year" but it wasn't so. 9-10 wins got a few teams into the playoffs that season, including Superbowl Champion New York, who was led by a QB who had a significantly worse regular season statistically than DA.

Did he? I guess a finally healthy K2, a finally playing to his draft position BE, adding a top 5 blind-side to our oline, a 1300 yd ass-kicking RB had nothing to do with it?

And the Eli 2007 stat comparison is so bad that it's just plain boring at this point. Eli had DA's first 7-8 games at the end of Eli's season which kind of helps those Super Bowl runs. He wasn't giving away 4-INT laugher's to the Headskins in December, when they needed a W.

Did he? I guess a finally healthy K2, a finally playing to his draft position BE, adding a top 5 blind-side to our oline, a 1300 yd ass-kicking RB had nothing to do with it?

And the Eli 2007 stat comparison is so bad that it's just plain boring at this point. Eli had DA's first 7-8 games at the end of Eli's season which kind of helps those Super Bowl runs. He wasn't giving away 4-INT laugher's to the Headskins in December, when they needed a W.

Eli's win #10 he threw zip for TDs, and 2 Ints, FIVE fumbles, and had a passer's rating of 32.2. The team got the win. His team only had 1 win all season long, yep, ONE win, where he had a passer's rating over 88.0. Look at his last half of the regular season, his team won most of the games, it wasn't him pulling out some QB magic that did the job.

The thought of trading Quinn at this point is assinine to be blunt. whu would you want to groom another QB when Quinn has had all this training by Weiss and has learned the Offense sitting mostly the past 2 years.

Keep Quinn and expect a Great Year, I will be looking to grab him for my fantasy football team, especially when the draft a Crabtree or a Maclin to go with this offense.

Since Derek-bear is responsible for the 10 wins, I guess tha also makes him responsible for the collaps against Cincinatti (which he was) and last year's shitfest.

Yep. It's all him.

Since Derek-bear is responsible for the 10 wins, I guess tha also makes him responsible for the collaps against Cincinatti (which he was) and last year's shitfest.

Yep. It's all him.

Derek's Cincy game sucked. You can blame him for the loss if you want. Still, 10 wins was money time in other divisions.

Archived