THE BROWNS BOARD

More on Braylon

KardiacKid26

The Browns reportedly asked for a second- and fifth-round pick and receiver Steve Smith, but the Giants declined. New York countered by offering the two draft picks and receiver Domenik Hixon for Edwards.

Neither the Browns or Giants could be reached for this story, but both sources said the gap will be bridged before the draft.

“The Giants are motivated, they’re trying to win right now,” the aforementioned quoted source said. “Edwards is a bigger guy that [quarterback] Eli [Manning] wants to throw to, like he had with Plaxico. The Giants know they can’t leave Eli with no great receivers. They saw what happened last year.”

So, is barely a 6' Crabtree & Patten good for the Brown's QB?

Braylon is worth a 1st round pick guys anything less and we should keep him he should play well this year...i guess we will trade bq for a 2nd and a 5th and DA for a 5th just for good measure...hell lets throw thomas in for a 3rd while we are at it and dqj for a 5th...

Building with poorly picked 2nd and 3rd rounders like mangini is known for is going to net us a big phat 0 as in 0-16...but for now i will reluctantly go with the program but if we go 0-4 again im gonna be loud and go to a few games just to heckle mankok whom seem happy and motivated to get screwed by other teams on every possible player we have...

I knew we were going to have a fire sale but not a complete below wholesale sellout... ;)

So, is barely a 6' Crabtree & Patten good for the Brown's QB?

I like Big WR's, not so much for the every down stuff as I think any size of WR can get you receptions and yards. We see it every year. I think 4 or 5 of the top ten WR's in receptions this year was around 6'. But I love Big WR's when it's time to score TD's. This is where I think the Browns could get hurt losing Edwards. No big bodies to push defenders around when you get in the red zone.

But you could also look at several guys in the draft. Robiskie is the same height as Edwards. Kenny Britt is bigger.

The kid I like is Ramses Barden out of Cal Poly. 6'6". He should go in rounds 3 or 4. I would love seing the guy in a Browns uniform. I'd reach for him If I were the Browns.

The last clip is a group of pics along with an interview. He sounds like a great kid.

New York countered by offering the two draft picks and receiver Domenik Hixon for Edwards.

Edwards is a huge assest with a large potential upside still, but...

i say you sign Marvin Harrison AND/or Holt (one year deals)

then do this deal.

and hopefully you nab a young, talented and teachable WR.

i think the trade is about even, and if you pick up one of the vets for a year, you could possibly come out on top.

Archived