6 Sun, Oct. 18 at Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 35-14

7 Sun, Oct. 25 vs. Green Bay Packers FOX 1 p.m. WIN 24-21

8 Sun, Nov. 1 at Chicago Bears CBS 1 p.m. WIN 16-14

9 Bye

10 Mon, Nov. 16 vs. Baltimore Ravens ESPN 8:30 p.m. WIN 32-15

11 Sun, Nov. 22 at Detroit Lions CBS 1 p.m. WIN 21-0

12 Sun, Nov. 29 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 15-9

13 Sun, Dec. 6 vs. San Diego Chargers CBS 4:05 p.m. LOSS 28-7

14 Thu, Dec. 10 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers NFLN 8:20 p.m. WIN 40-35 (YES WE ACTUALLY BEAT THEM!)

15 Sun, Dec. 20 at Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 17-7

16 Sun, Dec. 27 vs. Oakland Raiders CBS 1 p.m. WIN 19-6

17 Sun, Jan. 3 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 21-17

2009 RECORD: 9-7 (WILD CARD AFC NORTH)

I know prediction threads are fun n' whatnot, but until after the draft and the trades are finalized I have no idea what we will do next year.

We could really screw the pooch in the draft and get nothing but busts and be looking at another 4-12 season, OR we could hit homeruns with all our draft picks including our late round ones and go 10-6 or 12-4. Too many variables to make an educated prediction at this point.

We bust in this years draft and 4-12 is a reach.

Too early for a prediction? Never too early! That's why its called "Pre", it can be made anytime before the games start.

Anyway, I don't think its appropriate to think that the draft is going to seriously sway the outcome of the season, not too many rookies really make an impact. Out of 250 or so rookies drafted in the 7 draft rounds, only about 30 or 40 ever start a game their rookie season. If we shoot the moon on the #5 pick and get an impact player, its still takes the other 10 vets on that side of the ball to perform. I'll hope for the best anyway:

1 Sun, Sept. 13 vs. Minnesota Vikings FOX 1 p.m. LOSS 27-7

2 Sun, Sept. 20 at Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 p.m. WIN 20-10

3 Sun, Sept. 27 at Baltimore Ravens CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 14-10

4 Sun, Oct. 4 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m. WIN 24-19

5 Sun, Oct. 11 at Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m. WIN 28-3

6 Sun, Oct. 18 at Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 100-0

7 Sun, Oct. 25 vs. Green Bay Packers FOX 1 p.m. LOSS 24-13

8 Sun, Nov. 1 at Chicago Bears CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 31-13

9 Bye

10 Mon, Nov. 16 vs. Baltimore Ravens ESPN 8:30 p.m. WIN 10-9

11 Sun, Nov. 22 at Detroit Lions CBS 1 p.m. WIN 27-7

12 Sun, Nov. 29 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 31-10

13 Sun, Dec. 6 vs. San Diego Chargers CBS 4:05 p.m. LOSS 28-24

14 Thu, Dec. 10 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers NFLN 8:20 p.m. LOSS 40-13

15 Sun, Dec. 20 at Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1 p.m. WIN 20-6

16 Sun, Dec. 27 vs. Oakland Raiders CBS 1 p.m. WIN 31-21

17 Sun, Jan. 3 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m. WIN 21-17

8-8 but the 3 game win streak at the end makes everyone thing that 2010 is our year!

We have to win the critical games, exorcise some demons from the past....in other words, beat Pittsburgh, Denver, & Cincy, our arch-rivals.

For true Browns fans, the Ravens are not a rival, they are a non-entity, slap-in-the-face to us organization. I'm selling my tickets to that game, as usual. The NFL screwed us by putting these bastards in our division, I will probably never get over that.

I'm just hoping for a winning home record, so if we can take 2 or 3 road wins, we'll be at or near .500. I just don't see a worst-to-first scenario, but it would be great.

Nice to be back on the Browns board here it's been since after the Super Bowl I was on here. I just came on here to say that it doesnt really matter what the Browns do because the Steelers schedule is so ridiculous and easy that they are going to start the season probably unbeaten in their first 7 games. The first 7 games consist of Tenn at home,Chicago on the road, at Cincy,home to San Diego on Sunday night where the Steelers never lose in primetime, at Detroit,and then back to back home games with the Browns and Vikings. If the Steelers get by those first 2 games with Tenn and at Chicago with Cutler which will def be a tough game they are looking at 6-1 7-0 without a problem. There is no way they will lose games at Cincy,they wont lose to San Diego here on Sunday night, and they wont lose at Detroit, here against Cleveland, and home against the Vikings. This Steelers team if it stays focused and healthy with the way the schedule is they could easily be undefeated at 7-0 going into the bye week before the Monday night game at Denver on November 9th.

There is just no way looking at that schedule at the first couple glances that barring major injury to Ben Roethlisberger or some key guys on defense that the Steelers arent going to be at least a number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC and at the very worst playing in the AFC Championship game once again. This schedule is absolutely golden for the Steelers and like I said barring major injury this schedule is absolutely giftwrapped for the Steelers to get back to the Super Bowl and get Lombardi Trophy number 7.

this is one of the dumbest things i have ever read. the browns only holding minnesota to 21 points? losing to buffalo and jacksonville when we already beat them last year? only being abel to put up 7 points on kansas city's terrible defense? putting up 32 points on baltimore's defense? holding the lions scorless in detroit? and the coup de gras: putting up up 40 points on the steelers defense and beating them. i am not saying that we can't win against balitmore and pittsburgh because we will know more after the draft. however putting up that many points on either team is not going to happen. cleveland sound you are a moron. i'm sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Wow - there's a very real chance of starting the season 0-9....that might get Mangini fired if they look really bad doing it.

no, we will definately beat cinci and probably beat buffalo. we already beat them last year and t.o. won't make that big of a difference because they still don't have anyone who can get him the ball.

1 Sun, Sept. 13 vs. Minnesota Vikings FOX 1 p.m. L

2 Sun, Sept. 20 at Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 p.m. L

3 Sun, Sept. 27 at Baltimore Ravens CBS 1 p.m. L

4 Sun, Oct. 4 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m. W

5 Sun, Oct. 11 at Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m. W

6 Sun, Oct. 18 at Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m. L

7 Sun, Oct. 25 vs. Green Bay Packers FOX 1 p.m. L

8 Sun, Nov. 1 at Chicago Bears CBS 1 p.m. L

9 Bye

10 Mon, Nov. 16 vs. Baltimore Ravens ESPN 8:30 p.m. L

11 Sun, Nov. 22 at Detroit Lions CBS 1 p.m. W

12 Sun, Nov. 29 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m. L

13 Sun, Dec. 6 vs. San Diego Chargers CBS 4:05 p.m. L

14 Thu, Dec. 10 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers NFLN 8:20 p.m. L

15 Sun, Dec. 20 at Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1 p.m. W

16 Sun, Dec. 27 vs. Oakland Raiders CBS 1 p.m. W

17 Sun, Jan. 3 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m. L

5-11 and that's pretty generous, yinz could easily be 4-12 or 3-13.

Write it down, I'm usually right.

It will be a tooth-and-nail battle with the bungles for the bottom of the division.

It's not too late to start talking about the 2010 draft, yinz will get another high first pick.

Regards

.... an'at

1 Sun, Sept. 13 vs. Minnesota Vikings FOX 1 p.m. L

2 Sun, Sept. 20 at Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 p.m. L

3 Sun, Sept. 27 at Baltimore Ravens CBS 1 p.m. L

4 Sun, Oct. 4 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m. W

5 Sun, Oct. 11 at Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m. W

6 Sun, Oct. 18 at Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m. L

7 Sun, Oct. 25 vs. Green Bay Packers FOX 1 p.m. L

8 Sun, Nov. 1 at Chicago Bears CBS 1 p.m. L

9 Bye

10 Mon, Nov. 16 vs. Baltimore Ravens ESPN 8:30 p.m. L

11 Sun, Nov. 22 at Detroit Lions CBS 1 p.m. W

12 Sun, Nov. 29 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m. L

13 Sun, Dec. 6 vs. San Diego Chargers CBS 4:05 p.m. L

14 Thu, Dec. 10 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers NFLN 8:20 p.m. L

15 Sun, Dec. 20 at Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1 p.m. W

16 Sun, Dec. 27 vs. Oakland Raiders CBS 1 p.m. W

17 Sun, Jan. 3 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m. L

5-11 and that's pretty generous, yinz could easily be 4-12 or 3-13.

Write it down, I'm usually right.

It will be a tooth-and-nail battle with the bungles for the bottom of the division.

It's not too late to start talking about the 2010 draft, yinz will get another high first pick.

Regards

.... an'at

Wow you made it 9 days without posting!

No power to the double wide?

Or has your sister been over for a 'visit'?

1 Sun, Sept. 13 vs. Minnesota Vikings FOX 1 p.m. LOSS 27-21

2 Sun, Sept. 20 at Denver Broncos CBS 4:15 p.m. WIN 17-10

3 Sun, Sept. 27 at Baltimore Ravens CBS 1 p.m. WIN 14-10

4 Sun, Oct. 4 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m. WIN 35-24

5 Sun, Oct. 11 at Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 28-10

6 Sun, Oct. 18 at Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 35-14

7 Sun, Oct. 25 vs. Green Bay Packers FOX 1 p.m. WIN 24-21

8 Sun, Nov. 1 at Chicago Bears CBS 1 p.m. WIN 16-14

9 Bye

10 Mon, Nov. 16 vs. Baltimore Ravens ESPN 8:30 p.m. WIN 32-15

11 Sun, Nov. 22 at Detroit Lions CBS 1 p.m. WIN 21-0

12 Sun, Nov. 29 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 15-9

13 Sun, Dec. 6 vs. San Diego Chargers CBS 4:05 p.m. LOSS 28-7

14 Thu, Dec. 10 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers NFLN 8:20 p.m. WIN 40-35 (YES WE ACTUALLY BEAT THEM!)

15 Sun, Dec. 20 at Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 17-7

16 Sun, Dec. 27 vs. Oakland Raiders CBS 1 p.m. WIN 19-6

17 Sun, Jan. 3 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m. LOSS 21-17

2009 RECORD: 9-7 (WILD CARD AFC NORTH)

Please, this is so stupid. Predicting the season in mid April. We haven't even made our draft picks yet. Wait until August, then make this type of post.

Yeah, Joe thomas and Adrian Peterson had absolutely no effect on their teams in their rookie year....

So...two guys had an impact in their rookie year? But....oh well, nevermind. I think I said something about 30 or 40 guys end up starting at some point during their rookie season and yes of course some of them will be impact players (at least I hope so). Hopefully our #5 will be one of those guys, but to realistically think that we are going to land the next Marcus Colston in round 2, 3, or 4 is a stretch. Maybe next year they will contribute but chances are it won't be this year. With that in mind, you have to pick the games we have a chance at winning this year, with this roster.

Steeler SChuck, basing this years success on last years title run is about as foolish as us Browns fans basing last years success on 2007's 10 win season. Since schedules have this mythical "strength" calculation that's based on previous year's win totals, we all get excited or deflated about the coming year, without taking into consideration that no team is returning all 53 guys, so its next to impossible to predict how a team will fare before they play the games.

Archived