THE BROWNS BOARD

The Draft...2nd rd and beyond

Kingphisher

What are everyone's feeling on "sleeper" picks beyone the 1st round? I like Robiski in the 2nd to play as our posession guy of the future or a good right tackle to firm up the line. I also like Cedric Peerman in the 3rd or 4th as a solid RB pick who is way under the radar due to UVA's crappy line. I think they go defence in the 1st unless Munroe drops to the 5th or they trade BE and are forced to take Crabs.

What are everyone's feeling on "sleeper" picks beyone the 1st round? I like Robiski in the 2nd to play as our posession guy of the future or a good right tackle to firm up the line. I also like Cedric Peerman in the 3rd or 4th as a solid RB pick who is way under the radar due to UVA's crappy line. I think they go defence in the 1st unless Munroe drops to the 5th or they trade BE and are forced to take Crabs.

From what I have heard Percy Harvin might slip into round 2....... If he is there with the 36 pick, I say we jump all over it.

I am also a Robiskie fan. Smart, solid guy.

I wouldn't touch Harvin with a 10 foot pole!...just a subtle statement from a good Irishman! :rolleyes:

Mike

Sammie Lee Hill, though he is a bit more than a sleeper at this point. I'd love to see the Browns nab him in the third or fourth round.

Given the possibility of an acquired third round pick, obviously...

I am also a Robiskie fan. Smart, solid guy.

I wouldn't touch Harvin with a 10 foot pole!...just a subtle statement from a good Irishman! :rolleyes:

Mike

Why is that??? Because of the supposed character issues??? How many players around draft time have "character issues"?

He is a game breaker.

Harvin’s Positive Result Is Confirmed

Posted by Mike Florio on April 14, 2009, 10:08 p.m. EDT

Though NFLDraftBible.com took a lot of criticism a couple of weeks ago, and perhaps rightfully so, for naming six players as having tested positive for marijuana or banned substances at the Scouting Combine, we’ve confirmed that one of the players outed by the web site — Florida receiver Percy Harvin — indeed tested positive for marijuana at the Combine.

The news isn’t a surprise, given that neither Harvin nor his agent, Joel Segal, have disputed the original report.

The impact of the result on Harvin’s draft standing remains to be seen. Smoking marijuana is a fairly common phenomenon; the issue is whether a guy can stop doing it in order to avoid getting suspended.

The fact that Harvin wasn’t able to produce clean urine for a test that he knew he was going to be taking isn’t an encouraging sign.

Harvin?s Positive Result Is Confirmed

Posted by Mike Florio on April 14, 2009, 10:08 p.m. EDT

Though NFLDraftBible.com took a lot of criticism a couple of weeks ago, and perhaps rightfully so, for naming six players as having tested positive for marijuana or banned substances at the Scouting Combine, we?ve confirmed that one of the players outed by the web site ? Florida receiver Percy Harvin ? indeed tested positive for marijuana at the Combine.

The news isn?t a surprise, given that neither Harvin nor his agent, Joel Segal, have disputed the original report.

The impact of the result on Harvin?s draft standing remains to be seen. Smoking marijuana is a fairly common phenomenon; the issue is whether a guy can stop doing it in order to avoid getting suspended.

The fact that Harvin wasn?t able to produce clean urine for a test that he knew he was going to be taking isn?t an encouraging sign.

And you are 100% correct. Did not see this. Thanks for the info.

HOW DO YOU NOT PASS THE TEST WHEN YOU KNOW ITS COMING?

Archived