THE BROWNS BOARD

retired

why cant we win

thank god, he was terrible. i have nothing against the guy and i wish him well and good health, but he was a god awful broadcaster. enter steve young dan marino? romeo crennel?

You're obviously too young to remember Curt Gowdy, if you want to talk terrible. Madden did tail off in recent years, but in his prime he was pretty darn good in my book.

As if I needed more evidence that you are under the age of 18.

John Madden has forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

Yeah he got a bit Harry Carry-ish towards the end, but it was part of his charm...

I'll be sad to see him go, especially now that we'll have Chris Collingsworthless in the booth. I really dislike that guy, but you kinda saw it coming, for those of you who own Madden 09 Chris does the color commentary during the game.

I concur. Madden was great. He is the epitome of football. I will surely miss him in the booth.

As if I needed more evidence that you are under the age of 18.

John Madden has forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

Yeah he got a bit Harry Carry-ish towards the end, but it was part of his charm...

I'll be sad to see him go, especially now that we'll have Chris Collingsworthless in the booth. I really dislike that guy, but you kinda saw it coming, for those of you who own Madden 09 Chris does the color commentary during the game.

22 actually. and the reason i didn't madden was because we always slurped brett favre and it drove me crazy. as stated before, i have nothing against the guy and hope he lives a long life, but as an announcer he wasn't too good for my taste

Collinsworth is a PUSS! I cant stand to listen to the whining bitch.

Those old enough to remember when he played for the Bengals, his last couple of seasons he would always have a injury so he would not have to play against our Brownies Hanford & Minnifield. They knocked the shit out of him several times. He hated the real Dog defense, and the Dog pound. Thank you Marty.

Sometimes I wonder who was the biggest Puss back then, Collinsworth or Boomer?

Curt Gowdy? Was he from the stains glory years?

Wait - did they have TV back then?

Regards

.... an'at

Why sure, if you were real lucky, there was even color TV! And for a terrible RADIO announcer, I nominate Myron "the Dope" Cope. BTW, I'm old enough to say Myron sounded exactly like Arnold Stang. Did he broadcast with a clothespin on his nose, or was that the bad air from the Steel Mills that made him sound like he had emphysema?

John was a real meat and potatoes blue collared kind of guy who never had a bad thing to say about anyone and was nothing short of a class act.

Yes, he was slipping and it was time to retire but I'm going to miss that lovable down to earth lunk just as much as Pat Summerall (well, before he started drinking in the booth).

I'm not old enough to remember him in his prime but he was a great broadcaster. People also tend to forget what a great coach he was to.

In ten years his record was Win-Loss 103-32-7 Winning % 76.3

I was watching NFL network and they said the Raiders went to the AFC championship game from 1969 until 1976 where they won the championship.

That's a heck of a run. John Madden was a football genius and will be missed.

People who have enough football acumen to understand his contributions to the game.

I guess you're not a member of that group....

Now go back to the political forum and talk about how everybody is a hypocrite....

Awwwww, someones got a crush... It's out, Inspecta is out of the closet, he wants to get teabagged by Madden.

Ahhh, when you get called out fall back on your ace in the hole, overt gay references of your opponent.

I guess by that logic you want Bernie to lay you down after a bottle of wine and fist your asshole.

By your reaction I must say you are still in the closet, my bad. Only a fag could even think of something like that. You're so angry like, Col. Frank Fitts, USMC

999AMB_Chris_Cooper_007.jpg

He was a tremendous coach in his day and he was a great broadcaster for quite awhile. He's been living on reputation for the last few years and probably should've retired when ABC stopped having MNF. But in his prime he was among the best at breaking down a football game on tv.

A guy who left coaching far too early IMO......reached the pinnacle of his football career at an early age...dont care hat anyone else thinks...I enjoyed his analysis of the game...Enjoy those steaks John...you earned'em!

Since I'm an old bastard, I've LONG hated Madden since he prowled the sidelines for the Raiders in the 70's. He's had his moments in broadcasting for sure. Pat Summerall made him somewhat palatable, but I grew weary of his "biff, bam, booms" years ago. However, with Crissy Collinsworth taking his place I wish he'd stay on until his last functioning brain cell sparks out.

DWJ

In ten years his record was Win-Loss 103-32-7 Winning % 76.3

That's a heck of a run. John Madden was a football genius and will be missed.

I believe he has the record for a coach with the shortest amount of time to 100 wins. He was a great coach and in his earlier days in the booth he was one of the best.

Yep, he will be missed. Thanksgiving won't seem the same.

Since I'm an old bastard, I've LONG hated Madden since he prowled the sidelines for the Raiders in the 70's. He's had his moments in broadcasting for sure. Pat Summerall made him somewhat palatable, but I grew weary of his "biff, bam, booms" years ago. However, with Crissy Collinsworth taking his place I wish he'd stay on until his last functioning brain cell sparks out.

DWJ

I'm an old bastard too (but not like Roach or anything) and my best memories of Madden are as a coach, too, but in a good way. When I first got into football as a youngster the hottest rivalry was Chiefs-Raiders. Man that was war! Fistfights broke out, guys getting pile-driven into the turf, and it seems like they were always fighting for the AFC West at the end of the season. You had Madden one on side, jumping up and down, all portly with a shaggy haircut and the tag on his polyester pants blowing around, while on the other side it Hank Stram full of nervous energy in the dapper suit, and the rolled-up gameplan in his hands. It was classic TV, better than anything pro wrestling could ever come up with.

I wasn't a fan of Madden then, but I appreciate now what he brought to the game and how good those Raiders teams were. And ... they freaking hated the Steelers, and knocked them out of the playoffs on more than one occasion. Tatum and Atkinson were feared in that secondary more than two safeties ever would be today, and when Tatum knocked out sissy-boy Lynn Swann and all of my little Steeler friends were crying, that was pure beauty.

Then I remember the Miller Lite commercials where he would explode through walls and shit, still talking and arguing, thats when he started to get a real following as a character.

He was unique and very good as a broadcaster, but I'm an AFC guy and listening to him and Summerall go on and on about the Cowboys or Giants wasn't my thing. Usually the Browns has just won or lost at 1PM and I was either celebrating or taking out my frustrations somewhere else. When he got to MNF, again, he was very good, but he was getting past his prime and Al Michaels is not my cup of tea, so it was never anything to get excited about like Cosell-Dandy Don-Giff. My best memories of Madden as a broadcaster were those on Thanksgiving, handing out the big turkey legs to the linemen and shit, that was one day where I would sit and listen to him do a full broadcast ... and he was always entertaining.

I thought Frank Caliendo's parody of him was really dumbed down and not a good likeness, although he nailed the voice. But I'll always remember him on the sideline, arms flailing, yelling at the refs ... and Lynn Swann rolling around like the pussy he is.

Zombo

Archived