THE BROWNS BOARD

With the #5 pick in the Nfl draft the Browns select

playerjdd

The way i look at the pick at #5 is whether or not we want a luxury car in Crabtree or do we want a old chevy truck in Orakpo. After seeing Crabtree on Nfl network i am not too impressed. All he was doing was showing how he was gonna spend his money. A fancy condo in dallas!! Come on that's what your worried about right now. I think the browns need someone who will be dedicated to the browns and not the media or his money. What ive seen and heard from Orakpo i am really impessed. I wouldnt mind Curry there either but i doubt he will fall that far.

If Curry is there he's the pick hands down. But I would bet the farm the Browns are doing everything in their power right now to manipulate other teams into trading our pick to them to stockpile more picks.

The 2nd round of the draft will be where we build this team for 09.

I heard something today so I decided to look at some highlight films....

Crabtree can't run routes for shit. He doesn't run a single nfl route! Look at the film, he never makes cuts to get open.

I have a feeling Crabtree is going to be the best player on the board when we draft, and no matter what we might end up doing with Edwards, receiver is a need.

I think Crabtree is the pick.

I have a feeling Crabtree is going to be the best player on the board when we draft, and no matter what we might end up doing with Edwards, receiver is a need.

I think Crabtree is the pick.

I really don't think they are locked in on Crabtree solely. I heard they were very impressed with Maclin. Also, some other teams have Maclin rated above Crabtree because of his toughness. But, Crabtree isn't rated at the top of the draft because he can't run routs or get open. He is a definate impact palyer and will be at the next level. but, maybe not with the Browns.

I still think there is a lot of smoke and mirrors and the Sanchez and Crabtree love is just to find a trading partner or get someone to trade above them so Curry will fall.

I've heard that they really like Robiskie and a Penn State receiver (I don't know which one, Williams or Butler) later in the draft.

IMO, they will do anything possible to trade down out of #5.

I've been doin this draft thing for 26 years...and EVERY year you guys say trade down....ignorant BS...noone wants the #5 pick in this years draft!!! noone want to trade in top 5 picks...fact! the only reason ELI manning went to NYG is he stated perfectly clear he would NOT play for the Chargers!....anything other than that..the vick trade a decade ago!.......not happening!

I've been doin this draft thing for 26 years...and EVERY year you guys say trade down....ignorant BS...noone wants the #5 pick in this years draft!!! noone want to trade in top 5 picks...fact! the only reason ELI manning went to NYG is he stated perfectly clear he would NOT play for the Chargers!....anything other than that..the vick trade a decade ago!.......not happening!

Good post Solon, Mankok is desperately trying to create a market for the 5th pick but will be unsuccessful, and pick neither Sanchez or Crabtree but Curry, one of the top 2 OL's or Raji in that order, and they'll still trade BE. Mankok believes they can fill in a WR from lower picks and roster pickups much easier than an interior lineman. jmo

Archived