THE BROWNS BOARD

get Matt Jones

mario

The jaguars released Matt Jones for drinking a beer, after his cocaine charge.

If the Browns were to sign Matt Jones, it would fix our WR problem. Jones puts up good numbers, a little low on TDs, but the Jags are a run team inside the redzone any how. He gave our defense fits when he played us last year. With two big bodies on the outside, Jones & Edwards, w/ Patten or Steptoe in the slot, DA (or Quinn, who I feel is getting traded) will have plenty of targets to throw to.

Ok Matt Jones has a few character problems. It works this way with these over paid, superstar atheletes. They abuse steroids, weed, cocaine, alcohol... you can name your weapon of choice here. Matt Jones, although an abuser, isn't a problem in the locker room when it comes to stiring up adversity.

Fact is none of these WR's that are coming out in the NFL are anything special. Crabtree is over rated, and I guarantee you will be nothing but a decent 2nd receiver in the NFL. There is no Calvin Johnson type player in this draft, none of these WR's are going to be worth anything except a mid 2nd round if there was a Calvin Johnson WR in this class. Just because the class is incredibly weak, it does not mean you should over-draft a WR. Tate may be the exception, but with his injury, I'm not sure how healthy he can stay.. and it seems he is going to be the best value pick!

I have a pretty good track record on how WR's are going to work out the NFL, I've been terrible on judging LBs though; however, I still want Orakpo at #5, I hope this changes my LB draft record from the last few drafts!

The jaguars released Matt Jones for drinking a beer, after his cocaine charge.

If the Browns were to sign Matt Jones, it would fix our WR problem. Jones puts up good numbers, a little low on TDs, but the Jags are a run team inside the redzone any how. He gave our defense fits when he played us last year. With two big bodies on the outside, Jones & Edwards, w/ Patten or Steptoe in the slot, DA (or Quinn, who I feel is getting traded) will have plenty of targets to throw to.

Ok Matt Jones has a few character problems. It works this way with these over paid, superstar atheletes. They abuse steroids, weed, cocaine, alcohol... you can name your weapon of choice here. Matt Jones, although an abuser, isn't a problem in the locker room when it comes to stiring up adversity.

Fact is none of these WR's that are coming out in the NFL are anything special. Crabtree is over rated, and I guarantee you will be nothing but a decent 2nd receiver in the NFL. There is no Calvin Johnson type player in this draft, none of these WR's are going to be worth anything except a mid 2nd round if there was a Calvin Johnson WR in this class. Just because the class is incredibly weak, it does not mean you should over-draft a WR. Tate may be the exception, but with his injury, I'm not sure how healthy he can stay.. and it seems he is going to be the best value pick!

I have a pretty good track record on how WR's are going to work out the NFL, I've been terrible on judging LBs though; however, I still want Orakpo at #5, I hope this changes my LB draft record from the last few drafts!

Ummm....doesn't he still have criminal charges pending, and a likely suspension from Goodell? No thanks to these head-cases.

Are you fn serious dude, this guy has never been good and is nothing but trouble, he was caught with cocaine and got another chance, Im serving my country and if i ever got caught or popped positive with drugs i would be kicked out on my ass with a BIG negative DD214. This peice of shit gets another chance and then messes it up, give me a fn break. we are not the Bengals.

You know how many players have been caught with something, and provided to be a proven player?

Randy Moss doesn't exactly have a clean track record....

I guess if you like losing, waste #5 on Crabtree, and in two years, when we are trying to find that #1 WR if we (God forbid) trade Edwards, don't go crying on these boards!

You know how many players have been caught with something, and provided to be a proven player?

Randy Moss doesn't exactly have a clean track record....

I guess if you like losing, waste #5 on Crabtree, and in two years, when we are trying to find that #1 WR if we (God forbid) trade Edwards, don't go crying on these boards!

Sure thing dude. You should go root for the Bengals, they prefer the type of player you like.

BTW, what the hell has Jones even done to show he's proven? He isn't as good as you'd like to think.

Are you fn serious dude, this guy has never been good and is nothing but trouble, he was caught with cocaine and got another chance, Im serving my country and if i ever got caught or popped positive with drugs i would be kicked out on my ass with a BIG negative DD214. This peice of shit gets another chance and then messes it up, give me a fn break. we are not the Bengals.

Maybe Jones, Henry, Stallworth and Plax can play on the same team against the guards. This guy is a friggin wacko. The cocaine charge was after a DUI and then another alcohol related charge. He was suspended for missing meetings and pissing on team rules.

He loves Jones and Crabtree is already a bust. When Jones was playing he dropped as many passes as Edwards and was usually out of shape or hurt.

I'm glad Mario has a good track record of how WRs are going to work out in the NFL. Maybe look into your crystal ball and tell us when Jones will get out of jail and then when his suspension from the league will be up.

I cant deny the guy is good, he runs good routs for a guy his height and he gets Great position, thats how he makes all those catches, he gets in great position to receive the ball where only he can get it.

He really tears us up at the end of the vid. Its not even B-macs fault, b-mac is on him like glue and he shows garrard a target that the corner cant get to

matt jones ran a 4.4. he is far from skow. he may apear slow due to his height, but moss does not look fast either, but ask all the cbs moss burns down the sidelines how fast he is. like i said to al the crabtree supporters dont cry when we still cant beat pittsburgh and crabtree is nothing more then a good slot or decent 2nd wr that u wasted #5 on.

matt jones ran a 4.4. he is far from skow. he may apear slow due to his height, but moss does not look fast either, but ask all the cbs moss burns down the sidelines how fast he is. like i said to al the crabtree supporters dont cry when we still cant beat pittsburgh and crabtree is nothing more then a good slot or decent 2nd wr that u wasted #5 on.

Getting matt jones is not going to beat pittsburg neither is getting crabtree. share your wisdom on this draft and tell us who we should pick.

Let's go get Mike Vick to throw to Plax and Jones. Maybe we could lure Nate Newton and his van full of weed out of retirement to protect Vick's blindside. I hear Maurice Clarett is still available at RB too. Good Grief!

And sign Travis Henry, Terry Glenn and Jamal Anderson

Let's go get Mike Vick to throw to Plax and Jones. Maybe we could lure Nate Newton and his van full of weed out of retirement to protect Vick's blindside. I hear Maurice Clarett is still available at RB too. Good Grief!

Mo Clarett is now a NT not a RB. Prison food must be good.

If he is able to come clean without any baggage from Goddell, it would be agreat replacement and possibly an upgrade since we no longer have JJ

The problem is that it appears he can't come clean. The dude is still out screwing up even when in trouble already. Its sorta like Pacman going out to the strip joints the night before meeting with Goodell to argue against suspension for all the trouble he gets into going to strip clubs. Just don't need that type of player on the Browns.

If you want to run away from every player who has had any kind of discipline problems in the NFL.. well get a grip. These players have had run ins with the law, and have proven to be very productive afterwards.

Randy Moss

Jamal Lewis

Santino Holmes

James Harrison

Micheal Irvin

Tank Johnson

Ray Lewis

Marshawn Lynch

Brandon Marshall

Lofa Tatupu

Antonio Bryant

must I continue?

-----------------------------------

Yes.. Offensive lines are an important piece of a winning team. But you need to score points to win. The Steelers just won the Superbowl with one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. You can have 5 Pro-Bowl players on the line, if you are throwing to steptoe, cribbs and Hubbard, good luck winning a game.

Wait.... Didn't we just have a pretty decent line this year and won how many games? How many QBs did we lose to injury?

Hmmmmm.... Yeah, lets just get that awesome offensive line and watch the wins come to us. Give me a farking break. If you don't have play makers, you aren't winning. The Steelers had play makers. Holmes, Parker, Big Gay Ben, their line blew nuts but they have a ring, we don't, and we can't even get a regular season win over them.

Get Jones. Draft Orakpo w/ the first pick. This line is INCREDIBLY WEAK for WR's, but is VERY DEEP for OL, get a OL player in the second round. We won't draft Joe Thomas again, but we will get a solid starter, and our offensive problems will be fixed if everybody can stay healthy.

Either Quinn or DA are gone, we will get a few picks (who knows which rounds) for one of these two, draft depth. We NEED play makers, we obvisouly missed JJ not being here last year. In 07 when Edwards & Winslow were covered, JJ was always taking advantage of single coverage, Steptoe does not have the speed, size, or strength to do any of that on the other side of the line.

Like I said, waste #5 on Crabtree I don't care, but when we are playing the steelers and their DBs are treating Crabtree like a child, welll... I told you so.

What don't you understand about the man is going to jail. Then after he gets out of jail he still has to serve a NFL league suspension because he had already been in the program for alcohol problems. It is a minimum of 4 games, then he just got caught again with a DUI while waiting to go to trail for the drug charges.

So, you want to sign him while he is looking at a prison sentence and then maybe a year suspension from the NFL.

You think maybe there is a reason why nobody, and I mean no team in the entire league will look at him until his legal problems are over.

He is not going to jail. He had a farking beer, probation or not. They are just going to extend his probation w/ substance abuse programs, and I really have my doubts the NFL is going to punish him.

Edit: Even if he does get a 4 game suspension, I'd rather still have him in a 4 game suspension then paying Crabtree #5 money. The guy is not going to be a superstar in this league, is not worth the cash, and is going to be ineffective for the first 6 games anyways. After that he may score his first, and possibly only, TD.

He has had offers.

On a sidenote, I read the Jags are close to signing Holt, so thats one off the market, but he wouldn't come here anyways, even if we made him the highest paid WR in the league.

Let me hear YOUR GENIUS DRAFT PLAN.

If you want to run away from every player who has had any kind of discipline problems in the NFL.. well get a grip. These players have had run ins with the law, and have proven to be very productive afterwards.

Randy Moss

Jamal Lewis

Santino Holmes

James Harrison

Micheal Irvin

Tank Johnson

Ray Lewis

Marshawn Lynch

Brandon Marshall

Lofa Tatupu

Antonio Bryant

must I continue?

-----------------------------------

Yes.. Offensive lines are an important piece of a winning team. But you need to score points to win. The Steelers just won the Superbowl with one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. You can have 5 Pro-Bowl players on the line, if you are throwing to steptoe, cribbs and Hubbard, good luck winning a game.

Wait.... Didn't we just have a pretty decent line this year and won how many games? How many QBs did we lose to injury?

Hmmmmm.... Yeah, lets just get that awesome offensive line and watch the wins come to us. Give me a farking break. If you don't have play makers, you aren't winning. The Steelers had play makers. Holmes, Parker, Big Gay Ben, their line blew nuts but they have a ring, we don't, and we can't even get a regular season win over them.

Get Jones. Draft Orakpo w/ the first pick. This line is INCREDIBLY WEAK for WR's, but is VERY DEEP for OL, get a OL player in the second round. We won't draft Joe Thomas again, but we will get a solid starter, and our offensive problems will be fixed if everybody can stay healthy.

Either Quinn or DA are gone, we will get a few picks (who knows which rounds) for one of these two, draft depth. We NEED play makers, we obvisouly missed JJ not being here last year. In 07 when Edwards & Winslow were covered, JJ was always taking advantage of single coverage, Steptoe does not have the speed, size, or strength to do any of that on the other side of the line.

Like I said, waste #5 on Crabtree I don't care, but when we are playing the steelers and their DBs are treating Crabtree like a child, welll... I told you so.

There is a BIG difference between players that had problems but those problems have been dealt with and players that are currently facing criminal charges (and continue to do illegal things) and may not even be playing for the next year, two, or more. Also, all those players you listed had their problems while Tags was commish, and he was lenient as hell. Goodell has shown he won't hesitate to suspend a lawbreaker, for more than one consecutive season if necessary.

So before you jump all over me about not wanting a player because of certain conduct, why don't you try looking at the CURRENT happenings in the NFL, by the CURRENT commish. I'm surprised you're not calling for us to sign Plax and Vick also.

There is a BIG difference between players that had problems but those problems have been dealt with and players that are currently facing criminal charges (and continue to do illegal things) and may not even be playing for the next year, two, or more. Also, all those players you listed had their problems while Tags was commish, and he was lenient as hell. Goodell has shown he won't hesitate to suspend a lawbreaker, for more than one consecutive season if necessary.

So before you jump all over me about not wanting a player because of certain conduct, why don't you try looking at the CURRENT happenings in the NFL, by the CURRENT commish. I'm surprised you're not calling for us to sign Plax and Vick also.

Now thats what im talking about, screw Matt Jones, beer or no beer, the prick cant follow directions that a judge told him, you think our FO wants to deal with this shit. You want him now and if he messes up for us or gets one of our young guys in trouble, then what.

Dude, this is mario we're talking about. You know, the guy who looks up to and emulates rich and ghoolie.

He has his head so far up his ass he regularly has front row seats to the digestion of his food....

LOL....tasting spleen eh? or is it epiglottis?

Archived