THE BROWNS BOARD

CLE only top east seed to win

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

Well, first games of the 1st round are done, and in the east CLE still looks to be the cream of the crop. BOS and ORL each lost to 7 and 6 seeds, while MIA lost to ATL.

Guest Masters

PHI has a guy who regularly take over games in AI. After ORL lost Nelson, I have questioned how good they really are, when it comes to the context of playing in the playoffs. Right now, PHI looked like the mentally tougher team.

The bad thing is it is starting to look like no one will really challange CLE on its way to the finals. That doesn't usually work out well for teams come the finals.

PHI has a guy who regularly take over games in AI. After ORL lost Nelson, I have questioned how good they really are, when it comes to the context of playing in the playoffs. Right now, PHI looked like the mentally tougher team.

The bad thing is it is starting to look like no one will really challange CLE on its way to the finals. That doesn't usually work out well for teams come the finals.

You took the words right out of my mouth. But even then masters, our bench almost beat them. God how bad is Wright? He did have 4 blocked shots. I would rather have Vladi Divac, lol

Guest Masters
You took the words right out of my mouth. But even then masters, our bench almost beat them. God how bad is Wright? He did have 4 blocked shots. I would rather have Vladi Divac, lol

CLE bench did almost beat them. But to be fair, that game meant nothing to either team.

CLE bench did almost beat them. But to be fair, that game meant nothing to either team.

Well for the Cavs it did mean best home record of all time? But who cares about that, only a title at this point is going to work. Can you image, Cleveland with a title FINALLY. I guarantee I will not be at work the next day.

Are you really coming on here to boast about one loss for Orlando and Boston each in the playoffs, trying to infer that it proved everything you were saying about the Cavs having a cake-walk in the East?

I hope not.

Cuz if so, I'd like to bet money that Orlando and Boston both win these series.

And even if by some chance they both lose these series, it still proves nothing when it comes to a theoretical Cavs match-up for either team. As I've said all along, each team matches up differently.

Lets not get giant boners over beating up on a literal sub .500 team for one game now.

We'll see what happens after all the rest of these series before we crown the Cavs the Eastern Conference Champions.

Are you really coming on here to boast about one loss for Orlando and Boston each in the playoffs, trying to infer that it proved everything you were saying about the Cavs having a cake-walk in the East?

I hope not.

And even if by some chance they both lose these series, it still proves nothing when it comes to a theoretical Cavs match-up for either team. As I've said all along, each team matches up differently.

Lets not get giant boners over beating up on a literal sub .500 team for one game now.

We'll see what happens after all the rest of these series before we crown the Cavs the Eastern Conference Champions.

Nah, just saying they surprised some people. They looked pretty good you have to admit. That is tough to beat these teams at home. I think it will be a close series on both, but I agree I think both teams are going to pull it out in the end (Boston and Orlando).

Guest Masters

I hope not.

Actually I was just pointing out they each just lost their game one, on their own home court. They certainly look less tough so far. That was ORL who blew an 18 point lead, at home. Not exactly the play of challangers, let alone champions. But they are all playing 7 game series. So things change.

I won't be surprised if one of them loses their series. And I'd bet it to be ORL.

Let's also not get a boner over CLE getting beat in the regular season by BOS or ORL. They can't take care of their business on their home court in the first round of the playoffs. After the first game in each series, CLE looks like the class of the east. We'll see what happens next

I hope not.

Dude, it just goes to show how weak the east is.

Don't get me wrong Magic and Celtics are decent teams but they would be weak seeds in the west.

The only team that can beat us in the east is the Magics.

Only because they match up well.

Just because I never live this crap down....

2004 NBA Draft

9. Philadelphia - G/F Andre Iguodala, Arizona

10. Cleveland - G/F Luke Jackson, Oregon

same position, same conference. Missed it by one pick.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll forget about it after we win this title, but man I love watching the new AI play.

Guest Masters

And now the might Celts are tied 2-2 with the Bulls. That beat down BOS gave CHI should have been a knock out punch and it wasn't. BOS w/o Garnett and ORL without Nelson are not the same teams. Just as CLE w/o West and Z (missing one and both when they played the Lakers), or with the addition of Joe Smith.

And now the might Celts are tied 2-2 with the Bulls. That beat down BOS gave CHI should have been a knock out punch and it wasn't. BOS w/o Garnett and ORL without Nelson are not the same teams. Just as CLE w/o West and Z (missing one and both when they played the Lakers), or with the addition of Joe Smith.

The Lakers look just as good as the Cavs to me ... even though they've lost a game, they're playing a better team than that sub .500 already-on-vacation-"team" the Cavs just played, who were only even IN the playoffs because of the time they played better early in the season. I'd venture to say the Cavs would struggle way more with the Jazz than with that Pistons team.

The Lakers also didn't have Bynum when they came into Cleveland and won, fyi.

As Skip Bayless and Scoop Jackson pointed out last week on 1st and 10, the Lakers have a long-term goal of winning the NBA finals. They aren't focused on playing their best basketball, they're sort of going through the motions. After losing the finals last year, they have ONE goal. It's been that way most of the season. And that's not the case with the Cavs.

Boston and Orlando don't look as good as I thought they would, but they are playing better teams than the Cavs did. I'm still waiting until it's all said and done to draw my conclusions. I will admit that so far you are looking right about the Magic/Celtics, though without KG I did not worry about the Celtics. Even if the Magic win a series 4-3, I'll still be interested to see how the Cavs eventually match-up with them.

You better hope the Cavs win it all the way you're walking around pumping your chest with half the first round over.

I'm in a lose-lose situation here, the Cavs win and I'm wrong, the Cavs lose and I'm too disappointed to pimp myself.

Guest Masters
The Lakers look just as good as the Cavs to me ... even though they've lost a game, they're playing a better team than that sub .500 already-on-vacation-"team" the Cavs just played, who were only even IN the playoffs because of the time they played better early in the season. I'd venture to say the Cavs would struggle way more with the Jazz than with that Pistons team.

As Skip Bayless and Scoop Jackson pointed out last week on 1st and 10, the Lakers have a long-term goal of winning the NBA finals. They aren't focused on playing their best basketball, they're sort of going through the motions. After losing the finals last year, they have ONE goal. It's been that way most of the season. And that's not the case with the Cavs.

Boston and Orlando don't look as good as I thought they would, but they are playing better teams than the Cavs did. I'm still waiting until it's all said and done to draw my conclusions. I will admit that so far you are looking right about the Magic/Celtics, though without KG I did not worry about the Celtics. Even if the Magic win a series 4-3, I'll still be interested to see how the Cavs eventually match-up with them.

You better hope the Cavs win it all the way you're walking around pumping your chest with half the first round over.

I'm in a lose-lose situation here, the Cavs win and I'm wrong, the Cavs lose and I'm too disappointed to pimp myself.

Don't know what Lakers games you have been watching, but they have not looked good. They are barely beating the Jazz who are with out their big man. Phil Jackson doesn't seem to think they are playing well either. Along with local and national media. It ain't just me seeing them struggling along.

They didn't have Bynum when they came to CLE, but they had him when they went to LA.

I caught that. While I agree to some level with Scoop and Jackson, they also tried to make excuses for Kobe because he played in the Olympics and the finals last year. Well, Bron played in the Olympics too. Kobe played like 12 more games than Lebron. There is truth they may be taking a slightly different approach to the playoffs, but it doesn't seem like Phil wants to take that route. You go into the playoffs and have to play your best basketball every night if you want to win it all. You can't just decide to turn it up a notch when you need to. Phil knows that and it is why he is not happy with his team right now. They have a tougher round than people expected. DEN will give them even more fits than Utah. LAL have played this game for several years, where they act like they can turn it on and off at will (maybe it rubs off from Kober?).

They will still have to match up and play one of them. They probably even lose a game or two to one of them along the way. But CLE matches up well with most teams when you get to the playoffs. It's what they were built for. ORL can't get away with their running and raining 3's game after game for the playoffs.

They will go all the way. I am not puffing my chest out. Just pointing out what is going on now in the playoffs. Now, I am jabbing you a little, since you were all over me like white on rice as soon as I said BOS and ORL are not what they appear, like I was some homer. It ain't the case. The Lakers are the same from what I watched all season.

You are a CLE fan, we all have fears of getting too pumped, since heart break has always followed. But fear not, this is the year.

If the Cavs win you aren't going to give a shit about being wrong ... and no one will remember ... we will all be too stoked.

The Lakers are damn good.

It'll be a hell of series if it comes to it ... but I will have to watch with the sound off because I hate all the Kobe -Lebron slobbering ... I just like to watch them play.

Zombo

Playing "just good enough to win" won't cut it in the playoffs.

Like the Cavs don't have THE goal of winning the NBA finals? I suppose you didn't hear what LeBron said, or got an explanation of why with the homecourt record in sight, they sat all the starters? I don't like making predictions- but I'll say this much- If it comes down to LeBron- Kobe, LBJ is on a Mission from God, and he's going to have the better series- take it to the bank right now.

Haven't watched any of the Orlando series, but IMHO if the Cavs had been playing either the Celtics or Bulls, they would have killed either team. Oh, let the Bulls pick any player off the Cavs (other than LeBron) and the Smell-tics would already be lining up tee times in Florida.

So how did the Cavs do lately against the West? they beat both the now departed Spurs and beat the crap out of the Mavs- the team that just sent them packing.

Edit: heard Cowturd on ESPN today- he's now giving the Cavs one game against the Lakers.

Archived