THE BROWNS BOARD

Raji?

We need Tom Tupa

I dont know much about him, so I'd love to hear what anyone has to say. To me, the idea of a 3-4 NT with top 10 talent is very exciting. Rogers, Raji, and Williams/Smith/Smith would be a devastating line (assuming Raji is as good as his draft position indicates.) Wimbley would suddenly "remember" how to get to the QB, DQ would find a backfield tackle, and teams would avoid running up the middle. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like NFL GMs have proven to be much more effective at projecting the abilities of big strong NTs than of guys that would need to transition to 3-4 OLB. If we want to upgrade our defense, what better way than to focus on the Dline?

For the 3rd time, let me admit that I have no clue what I'm talking about. But AFC North football seems like it would be a lot easier to play if our d-line was the strength of the team.

IF Rogers is game for playing End ( Where I'm sure he would stud out..HE is one talent that will make plays everywhere on the line)

This sure sends a message to the Steelers / Ravens that we won't be ran on.

Im all for Raji..but he might have a Ricky Williams type problem of kickin the pot...

Happy 420 to the Brownsboard crew by the way....

IF Rogers is game for playing End ( Where I'm sure he would stud out..HE is one talent that will make plays everywhere on the line)

This sure sends a message to the Steelers / Ravens that we won't be ran on.

Im all for Raji..but he might have a Ricky Williams type problem of kickin the pot...

Happy 420 to the Brownsboard crew by the way....

The last report I saw was that he never even tested positive. Even if he did, I don't see any reason to think that he is the next Ricky Williams.

The last report I saw was that he never even tested positive. Even if he did, I don't see any reason to think that he is the next Ricky Williams.

Other than the dreadlocks was there any indication that Ricky Williams would be the next Ricky Williams? That heisman trophy was kind of misleading...

Guest Aloysius

There was a report that he failed multiple drug tests while at Boston College. Some have speculated that it played a role in him being suspended for the entire '07 season.

I don't think Raji could play end, and I don't see the wisdom in moving a veteran Pro Bowler to a new position. I'd prefer to wait and see if Corey Williams can develop into a solid 3-4 DE; if not, Ndamukong Suh (Nebraska) and Gerald McCoy (Oklahoma) will be intriguing options at the top of Round 1 next year. And if Williams plays well, we could get a talented guy like Arthur Jones (Syracuse) to replace Robaire Smith in Round 2.

Next year's draft is going to be stacked with d-line talent, so I wouldn't go for a risky character prospect like Raji or an overhyped prospect like Tyson Jackson at #5.

Archived