THE BROWNS BOARD

I'd do this in a heartbeat

KardiacKid26

The article doesn't clearly explain what would happen, but basically the Browns would draft Sanchez at 5 if he's there or the browns would trade the 5th for Washington's 13th, 3rd rd, 5th rd, and a 1st round next year.

Cleveland Receives:

13th overall pick

3rd round pick

5th round pick

2010 1st round pick

Washington Receives:

Mark Sanchez

With the 13th I'd grab Rey Rey in a heartbeat

Guest Aloysius

The trade scenario King mentions is one involving Kansas City and Washington. There's a 500 point difference between KC's pick and ours - the equivalent of the 40th pick in the draft.

Also, King uses the old draft value chart, which overvalues high picks. And he mentions that one of his sources claims that Snyder's not willing to give up next year's first round pick.

Your pick is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it. Draft value chart be damn. I'd take the #13, 3rd and 5th and a mid rounder next year.

At #13 Maybin, Jackson, Moreno or Jenkins. Any are as good as you will get at #5 at 1/4 of the cost. With 4 picks in the top 80 you can fill needs at OLB, WR, Safety and Center. Then still have picks to go after Jennings or Brinkley.

Teams who want Sanchez look like they want to trade above Seattle. That to would be okay because Curry would have a chance to fall to us.

"I've heard Cleveland (picking fifth) and Washington have already discussed a deal if Sanchez is still on the board at five"

Hmmm. But Sanchez's stock seems to be rising faster than anyone elses. Sounds like he won't be there. But if he is, I'd do the deal in a second as well.

i would take that in a heart beat. however i don't think that the gm in washington is as dumb as the gm in chicago. 2 first rounders, a third and 5th is way too much for sanchez. i would love to pull off this trade but there has to be little chance of it happening. if you take away next year's pick then it is more likely to go through.

Even without next years pick I would do it.

No matter what value chart used, it doesn't matter because the values on each are overvalued when it comes to this years draft.

If a team wants to trade down, they better not be holding a value chart in their hand, because they aren't going to get that with a host of teams willing to move back and very few wanting to move up.

Teams moving back will be doing so at a steep discount.

Agreed, the difference between 5 and 13 this year isn't going to make or break our team, add in the other picks for this draft and I say it's a winner. A first round pick next year added to the mix is the bit that makes this unbelievable to me.

The article doesn't clearly explain what would happen, but basically the Browns would draft Sanchez at 5 if he's there or the browns would trade the 5th for Washington's 13th, 3rd rd, 5th rd, and a 1st round next year.

Cleveland Receives:

13th overall pick

3rd round pick

5th round pick

2010 1st round pick

Washington Receives:

Mark Sanchez

With the 13th I'd grab Rey Rey in a heartbeat

Aww man, I saw the thread title and I thought it was going to be more pictures of Amber.

Zombo

--for some reason, I can't get into this draft ... I don't care how you do it, Mangini ... just beat the Steelers.

Sanchez was on NFL network yesterday... and acts like a seasoned veteran, comfortable and funny. I see what GMs are seeing, a kid who is mature way beyond his years or experience level.

If he's on the board when the Browns are on the clock, we'll have trade offers.

Good, i hope we take them.

Sanchez was on NFL network yesterday... and acts like a seasoned veteran, comfortable and funny. I see what GMs are seeing, a kid who is mature way beyond his years or experience level.

If he's on the board when the Browns are on the clock, we'll have trade offers.

i saw that too and you apparently read people like shit. funny? he was uncomfortable and giggling the whole time, and pretentious at best.

you see what GM's are seeing? you're ridiculous.

to steal from you "your USC slip is showing shep..."

Archived