THE BROWNS BOARD

Couldn't of said it better myself...

irishlass

I was listening to Colin Cowherd on espn radio, not a fan but he made a point that I have been thinking about for the last hour. His point of discussion was that there are teams that consistently draft good players and are extremely good at taking talent and molding it to Pro-bowl caliber talent ex. Steelers and Patriots.

I know those two teams mentioned above aren't evening thinking about taking a quarterback but they are the two teams that immediately come to mind.

Look at the teams that are in love with Sanchez. He specifically pointed out the Redskins. I am still going to wait and see how the big signing of Haynesworth goes for them. The point being is that teams that have not been consistent with their draft picks really really like this kid. I don't know if it’s a valid point, but it did get me thinking.

Everyone that mentions this guy falls in love with him, being able to interview well and translating that to on the field success are two entirely different things.

Try "her" opinion, and isn't that what a message board is for?

I got the "lass" part.....I was referring to the writer of the blog piece.

No doubt that is what a message board is for, and you did.

Just as I ;)

so we have less than a week to dump DA's worthless ass and get some pick. The other plus to dumping DA: lumnuts will go and pollute someone elses board blowing on DA's cock

I am sure your mother is very proud of you.

I thought it funny that she credited the Bills game as being a good show of offense, in part to Quinn... 185 yards, no TD passes, complete 30 odd % and a 55 rating for the day.

What's also interesting to note is that DA is constantly having his 07 Season diminished because it was against "weak competition".

Yet, Quinn has played against the 08 Broncs, Bills and Texans, and the 07 49ers not a playoff team (or an impressive defense) in the bunch ... and he has the devil's passer rating of 66.6.

Not that I think that limited action defines Quinn ... but DA doesn't get enough credit for his tour of duty: he was the first guy to play the positon for us with any kind of a sack over ten years, and in the 24 games he started over the past two years we were 13-11 and he threw 38 TD passes. And I'm pretty sure he faced some of the best defenses in the world: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New York Giants, NE Patriots. Didn't always beat them ... but we certainly weren't beating anybody without him.

Again, I'm all for Brady Quinn proving himself ... I just think his camp competition is a little tougher than given credit for.

Zombo

--And screw Mark Sanchez ... build a formidable defense and either of these guys will win for us ...

Of all the crap that's said on this board and you pick THAT out to admonish somebody?

Haha...

I know, I almost always ignore it, especially when it is something I stumble upon some time later.

In this case I was active in the thread when it was posted, so I decided to express my opinion on that sort of thing.

What's also interesting to note is that DA is constantly having his 07 Season diminished because it was against "weak competition".

Yet, Quinn has played against the 08 Broncs, Bills and Texans, and the 07 49ers not a playoff team (or an impressive defense) in the bunch ... and he has the devil's passer rating of 66.6.

Not that I think that limited action defines Quinn ... but DA doesn't get enough credit for his tour of duty: he was the first guy to play the positon for us with any kind of a sack over ten years, and in the 24 games he started over the past two years we were 13-11 and he threw 38 TD passes. And I'm pretty sure he faced some of the best defenses in the world: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New York Giants, NE Patriots. Didn't always beat them ... but we certainly weren't beating anybody without him.

Again, I'm all for Brady Quinn proving himself ... I just think his camp competition is a little tougher than given credit for.

Zombo

--And screw Mark Sanchez ... build a formidable defense and either of these guys will win for us ...

Looks like 4 mini-camps to help both guys (if both are here) to show their stuff.

Zombo

Only problem with your theory is that Dexter can't win in an offense designed for ball control and moving the chains with efficiency. By all accounts that is what Mancock is trying to build here with a solid defense. That philosophy is anti-Dex.

It doesn't have to be Queen, but it needs to be somebody with some pocket presence, mobility and short game accuracy with the ability to check down and not force the ball downfield.......or hell, not force a screen for a pick six.

I would have taken Leftwich, but then they couldn't try to fool people that they think they can win with DA.

Looks like 4 mini-camps to help both guys (if both are here) to show their stuff.
(i miss the tortoise btw)

yeah and those 5 ota's are the lowest of any team i saw. i counted 17 from somebody and 12-15 from many others. they'll only show their cards a couple times w/ this strategy. after the weights there must be some long classroom days making up for it. an odd setup fo' sho.

don't confuse can't w/ hasn't Riff.

**boosh**

The last point I will make is an emotional one. Brady Quinn loves the Cleveland Browns. He would rather play for the Browns than any other team in the league.

is this reality? i've never once heard him say anything remotely close to this.

that ghey article reaked of Quindom.

is erin a guy or a girl, anyway?

is this reality? i've never once heard him say anything remotely close to this.

that ghey article reaked of Quindom.

is erin a guy or a girl, anyway?

She's a Brady's Lady and a Notre Domer.

I don't think too many players care all that much where they play, I think it's more predicated on the surrounding cast and coin, especially for QB's coming in.

Queen is from Cbus, not Cleveland like JJ. The one pic with him wearing a Browns helmet when he was a cute little boy started it, then when he finally got picked he was thankful as hell as a cuter little man.

Archived