THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Mortensen

WPB Dawg Fan

Chris Mortensen was on the local ESPN station here in Miami and made a couple of comments about Browns players.

They are as follows:

BE will MOST LIKELY be a Giant by the end of this week. He wouldn't call it a lock...but said it is pretty close.

BQ will NOT be traded. He said he sees no way the Browns deal BQ.

DA has about a 30% chance of being a NY Jet. He didn't mention any other teams...but thought that the Jets could very well be in the picture...although Clemens was supposedly looking good without pads.

Just a few tidbits to grease the wheels of conversation.

For me, I am sticking to the thought that BE is all but a done deal....but don't expect the Browns to go out and get Crabtree just because the dealt BE. More likely they will have picked out a 2nd round guy they like instead of wasting it on a WR at the top of the draft after CREATING the hole in the first place. Also...it is a pretty good chance the Browns go for a D player as part of the trade.

BQ being traded would seem like a long shot to me as well. I just don't think that they are going to dump him while he is still cheep and untried.

I am beginning to think the Browns will keep DA unless they get BETTER than a HIGH 2ND in return. Just my gut feeling.

BQ being traded would seem like a long shot to me as well. I just don't think that they are going to dump him while he is still cheep and untried.

Don't try to play the "feel sorry for him" card. They dumped Gradkowski while he was cheap and untried too.

And don't forget about the possibility of BQ to the Jets. That's the latest rumor.

Just imagine all you BQ pumpers in the grand opening at the Jets new stadium...it's a marketer's dream

BQ will be a brown for years to come, DA will be gone by sunday for a 3rd, and BE with all this craziness going on should be gone too with a 1st and 3rd.

BQ will have plenty of targets and possibly a little protection on the OL that he will be able to succeed this year. He wont have Bress like numbers but will be probably a 20-10 guy this year in his full season. The possibility of 2 1st's, 2 2nd's, 2 3rd's a 4th and a 5th and 6th so almost to ridiculous to even fathom. I hope we have the money.

Don't try to play the "feel sorry for him" card. They dumped Gradkowski while he was cheap and untried too.

And don't forget about the possibility of BQ to the Jets. That's the latest rumor.

Just imagine all you BQ pumpers in the grand opening at the Jets new stadium...it's a marketer's dream

BQ comes up all the time because teams are interested in him and not DA. Everbody knows DA is horrible and maybe BQ is too but nobody knows for sure. The Browns made a big mistake when they resign DA to a 3 year deal. Should have sold highed but Savage was stupid.

Write it down BQ will finally get his shot this year. There is no way DA will be the starter. Teams figured him out. All he's got is a deep ball. Take away his deep ball and DA is crap and you know it.

BQ comes up all the time because the Browns are trying to dump his ass.

Sorry Perry Mason wannabe, but this one is an open and shut case.

All right smart guy. Why would you get rid of a unproven QB and keep one that everyone knows is one of the worst QB in the league. You know DA is one of the worst and I get it your a fan but sometimes fan need to be realistic.

Browns don't won't to dump BQ. Don't believe everything you read. EM tells nothing to the press.

what makes you think that anybody else believes that BQ is merely unproven?

try to take out your sexual feelings about him sometime and try to think about it from a more realistic angle.

Dude are you that stupid. I said in a early post if you would read it all that BQ could be a bad QB too. Can't really tell in 3 games.

Talk about a man crush, man you picked a wrong QB to fall in love with. You at least could have picked Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but out of the QB's DA?

And by the way when did I say I had a man crush on BQ? I just said give the kid a shot.

Clemens stays as the starting QB for the Jets. To do anything else would mean Tennenbaum would have to say he made a mistake in drafting Clemens. GM's hate doing that. They'll give Clemens his shot this year.

I don't think they'd make a deal for DA to be a backup.

Clemens stays as the starting QB for the Jets. To do anything else would mean Tennenbaum would have to say he made a mistake in drafting Clemens. GM's hate doing that. They'll give Clemens his shot this year.

I don't think they'd make a deal for DA to be a backup.

I agree. DA will have to go somewhere without a starter period. Come draft time someone will hopefully make a move when they realize they have to get a guy who still has potential and has proven it with numbers.

• BE will MOST LIKELY be a Giant by the end of this week. He wouldn't call it a lock...but said it is pretty close.
  • BQ will NOT be traded. He said he sees no way the Browns deal BQ.
  • DA has about a 30% chance of being a NY Jet. He didn't mention any other teams...but thought that the Jets could very well be in the picture...although Clemens was supposedly looking good without pads.

This makes complete sense. Leave it up to Mort to not get too caught up in the pre-draft hype.

You seriously have to be the dumbest motherxxxxer on the planet, or you just like saying shit that is blatantly stupid and lies.

http://www.nfl.com/players/brucegradkowski...le?id=GRA068015

Notice the career stats - 13 starts with TB - notice the rating. I'd say he was proven. To suck. Just like your buddy.

This is what happens with late picks - they get a short leash. Better get used to it. Derek is on the same path.

Now STFU.

BQ isnt going anywhere da on the otherhand will finally be gone once he is manhandled by quinn in training camp and maybe the preseason...the hope is that someone takes him beforehand before his value returns to a round 6...;)

This isnt intended to be a knock on da it will end up more to do with things dabolls scheme will want to do that da is not good at...like deceptive handoffs,fast handoffs and a fast short and medium passing game with lots of TE action...da trips over his own feet when handing the ball off and he is both slow and totally undeceptive on handoffs the LBs can center in on the run and da has zero short passing game and is the interception king in the medium game...simply put da wont match this scheme..

He would fit nicely with a team like detroit i think they are nuts if the dont deal for him..

Just think... the Draft's coming...

Only a few more days 'til we have only several more months of arguing over who should be the starting QB...isn't it exciting?

Is this self deprecation?

It's just odd....inferring boredom and yet, here you are!

Is this self deprecation?

It's just odd....inferring boredom and yet, here you are!

You've got people on both sides saying goofy shit, and even if someone is or isn't traded in the next 5 days, and someone else is or isn't drafted in that time period, the controversy will still go on... it won't die. I just feel it ironic. I also have been known for a little self deprecation from time to time... wish more people were comfortable with doing that themselves too.

We've got one guy on one side saying goofy shit. That's all.

Nobody here would follow Brady Quinn or any player to another team. Not one. We have no Domers who lurk here out of love for BQ.

We have one guy with love for a single player and that's Lum's lust for Derek Anderson. That's it. Maybe D&S, too. Lost track.

YEY, Brady I love you. Just think historically speaking, most of the draft trades for players happens today, or the signing of the #1 will happen today or tomorrow.

Lumbergh, never really got why people slam you on the board, you like DA, cool beans. But comparing Bruce "ground ball" Gradkowski with Quinn or even DA is an insult. You really have no clue.

The lemmings will all follow each other to new york?

we can only hope. new yawk, maybe a cliff......anywhere's good really.

i hold out hope of reprogramming the pied piper personally.

if we can "win with Quinn" it needs to happen a.s.a.p.

Archived