THE BROWNS BOARD

at this point

Solon16

No, no, no on Smith. This guy is going to fall. He's embarrassing himself all around the league. He can't handle himself as an adult in interviews, and that's when he shows up.

I'm with you that Curry is the easy selection. But if he goes to the Chiefs and we can't deal Sanchez, I'm starting to think the safest pick is Moreno. It's a reach and a lot of money for a back, but at least I think he's going to be great, and right away.

I don't have the same confidence that Orapko will be worth that money, and there are plenty of O-linemen in this draft that we can wait for.

The only other talents worth the five in my view are Raji and Maclin, and Raji seems to be failing his background checks as well. So Maclin would be my next choice.

Maybe their is something to A. Smith though. We all know Ted Washington was brought in to be Romeo's buffet buddy. When we got rid of Washington, we went out and got Rogers to replace him as Romeo's buddy. Now with Romeo gone, we need Smith to come in and be Shaun's eating buddy.

Take the defensive tackle put him next to Rogers then lets see who runs on us. I'm sick of getting out muscled in the division. Then if we trade BE get the center. Use 2nd rounders on linebacker and receiver.

I'm all for this, except trading BE.

D-LINE aren't play makers...we pay williams and rogers a boat load...we pay robaire alot of Money...I just see us paying another d-lineman when we haven't scored a td in last 6 games....Machlin or RB. Orakpo will prob be the choice...don't see raji.

D-LINE aren't play makers...we pay williams and rogers a boat load...we pay robaire alot of Money...I just see us paying another d-lineman when we haven't scored a td in last 6 games....Machlin or RB. Orakpo will prob be the choice...don't see raji.

Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

If not Curry, then Raji. Our line needs a hell of a lot of help, and he could play DE. You don't pass on that type of player, only dumb teams do (like when we let the Ravens grab Ngata while we took Wimpley).

This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

Great point.

As far as the offense went, our offensive line on the right side was beaten up & ineffective, we had NO effective QB with Brady going down, so I have to think the offense will be somewhat improved just given good health in a couple key areas.

I also want a great & aggressive defense. While lack of players hurt, & twe need to get some players, the "rubber band" scheme hurt just as bad. Win or lose, I want to do it aggressively....let the players leave the field knowing we didn't just "lay down" & wait for the opponent to make mistakes....FORCE errors!

Mike

I think Moreno is going to be a great one, too. No Smith, he's a bust in a buffet line waiting to happen. At least get one of the tackles that can spell and thinks being in shape is kind of cool.

I'm leaning on offense to Moreno or Maclin but still see these guys going defense or RT that isn't dummer den a brick.

Raji is too short to play DE in the 3-4. The only player who's a top ten rated guy who can play 3-4 end is Tyson Jackson. Orakpo would be a 3-4 OLB.

If someone trades up to get Sanchez...they may trade to the Chiefs' spot at #3 which would possibly drop Curry OUT of the top 4 to us.

If Curry and Orakpo go...the pick is between Jackson and Raji

Andre Smith does not fall out of the top 12. The rest of the guys you mention are not worth the #5 pick and won't be there at #36.

Great point.

As far as the offense went, our offensive line on the right side was beaten up & ineffective, we had NO effective QB with Brady going down, so I have to think the offense will be somewhat improved just given good health in a couple key areas.

I also want a great & aggressive defense. While lack of players hurt, & twe need to get some players, the "rubber band" scheme hurt just as bad. Win or lose, I want to do it aggressively....let the players leave the field knowing we didn't just "lay down" & wait for the opponent to make mistakes....FORCE errors!

Mike

You said it better and more effectively than I could.

I agree, defense wins championships but, LBs are playmakers in the 3-4 not linemen.

yes the steelers have a stellar defense and i do agree with you Defense wins championships. But we should also remember the steelers played all 9-7 teams throughout the playoffs and in the superbowl.

'06 Colts weren't exactly a defensive oriented team, thats for sure. Nor were the '99 Rams. You can win a SB with an amazing offense and decent defense OR decent offense and amazing defense.

'06 Colts weren't exactly a defensive oriented team, thats for sure. Nor were the '99 Rams. You can win a SB with an amazing offense and decent defense OR decent offense and amazing defense.

You are wrong about the Rams. They were a top five team in total defense in 1999. They were very good on D.

So that leaves you ONE....And the day you get something comparable to Manning, Harrison, Wayne and James on the Browns offense I will agree with you concerning Offense vs. Defense and football championships.

A combo like those four are a once in a life time thing.

Great defenses are easier to build.

Guest Aloysius

Even the Indy example doesn't work. Though the Colts' defense was pretty bad during the regular season, Dungy had them playing at an elite level during the playoffs. Though they ranked 21st in the league in YPG allowed during the regular season, the 252.5 YPG they held opposing offenses to during the playoffs was better than any team's regular season average.

You can't win without a good defense. And the best way to be consistently competitive, especially in the AFC North, is to build one.

According to reports, Detroit has already agreed to terms with Curry if Stafford doesn't sign by friday.

I posted the article in the Lions/Stafford thread

Archived