THE BROWNS BOARD

Peter Schrager's (Fox Sports contributor) mock draft picks for the Browns

calfoxwc

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9484316...start-to-finish

5. Cleveland — Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU, Senior: A high-riser on everybody's draft board, Jackson is capable of playing either the pass-rush defensive end spot or the outside linebacker position in Eric Mangini's 3-4 defense. A terror in Baton Rouge who gave SEC linemen fits the past couple of years, he'll give some bite to a Cleveland defense that hasn't had teeth in ages.

36. Cleveland — Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina, Junior: Crabtree could be the man in the first round if Braylon Edwards is shipped to New York, as is widely rumored. If not, Jackson and Nicks with first- and second-round picks would be quite a first day for Cleveland.

50. Cleveland — William Moore, S, Missouri, Senior: Solid hitter and quarterback of the Mizzou defense. Battled injuries during his senior year, which might have hurt his draft stock a bit. Mangini's D picks up a solid contributor who can play right away.

104. Cleveland — Donald Washington, CB, Ohio State, Junior

177. Cleveland — Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina, Senior

On the local news, btw, they say the Giants are now offering their second and a third. Hmmm. I think I'd take it, but I want the Giants first round pick. But, it says it's a stalemate, so far...

I LOVE THIS PICK:

5. Cleveland — Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU, Senior: A high-riser on everybody's draft board, Jackson is capable of playing either the pass-rush defensive end spot or the outside linebacker position in Eric Mangini's 3-4 defense. A terror in Baton Rouge who gave SEC linemen fits the past couple of years, he'll give some bite to a Cleveland defense that hasn't had teeth in ages.

NOT SO MUCH:

(I'd rather pick Jamon Meredith OT S Carolina - but what to do for a WR? Trade down a bit in the first?)

36. Cleveland — Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina, Junior: Crabtree could be the man in the first round if Braylon Edwards is shipped to New York, as is widely rumored. If not, Jackson and Nicks with first- and second-round picks would be quite a first day for Cleveland.

REALLY LIKE (but would Chung be the better pick?)

50. Cleveland — William Moore, S, Missouri, Senior: Solid hitter and quarterback of the Mizzou defense. Battled injuries during his senior year, which might have hurt his draft stock a bit. Mangini's D picks up a solid contributor who can play right away.

REALLY LIKE"

(Will Washington even last this long?)

104. Cleveland — Donald Washington, CB, Ohio State, Junior

REALLY LIKE:

177. Cleveland — Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina, Senior

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9484316...start-to-finish

Here is a real mental midget....Play OLB?!!!! He's nearly 300 lbs and runs a 5.00 40!!!!

I'm ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

The guy had 4.5 sacks last year and 3.5 the year before. A terror?

I smell an SEC homer here. Even at that, for a guy to claim he could play OLB shows he actually knows nothing about Jackson.

I wouldn't mind taking Jackson, the more I think about it. With Corey Williams [reportedly] coming back down to a sane weight (He played at 330+ last year at the behest of Romeo) and Tyson Jackson we would have two athletic ends. And Rogers is a freak, being athletic and freakin' huge. All three would be able to take on blocks, work down the line and generate a bit of a pass rush.

The problem I have with Raji is that he just doesn't seem athletic enough to play anything other than NT, and we already have an all-pro there.

I like Nicks a lot, I think he will be a really good player in the league, he is big and strong and I could see him doing well running after the catch. I also hope we consider a center or guard with our second second round pick.

Well, Jackson runs the 40 officially at 4.91? At 291 lbs?

I wonder if he could drop twenty lbs...

whatever. I think Shaun Smith will get dumped, maybe even traded. He seems to have worn out his welcome

with a few other teams - I think it was Dallas, TWICE. I read somewhere that Shaun Smith has the mobility about the width of a football...

"Two club executives" say Jackson is a legitimate candidate to be drafted in the top five, with Cleveland and Kansas City as possible landing spots. He'd seem to be a luxury pick for the Browns, who already have Corey Williams, Shaun Smith, Shaun Rogers, and Robaire Smith capable of playing end.

Here is a real mental midget....Play OLB?!!!! He's nearly 300 lbs and runs a 5.00 40!!!!

I'm ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

The guy had 4.5 sacks last year and 3.5 the year before. A terror?

I smell an SEC homer here. Even at that, for a guy to claim he could play OLB shows he actually knows nothing about Jackson.

Well he said that he could play there, that dosn't mean that he would be effective in that role. I wouldn't expect him to crack it as a NFL starter there.

He ran a 5.00 at the combine so you can figure that is his true speed.

No 290 or 300 lbs lineman that runs a 5.00 40 will ever, ever play OLB in the NFL. Never. Ever. That's close to offensive lineman speed. It's not even worth a discussion.

It's pure and simple. Schrager doesn't know anything about the guy.

To suggest he could play OLB is just silliness.

I'm not saying the Browns couldn't draft him as a DE....But as a OLB?.....HAHAHA!!

To me Jackson is a better pick then Raji. Raji is a NT, period. We have a NT or three. Jackson is a 3-4 DE who can get up field, but I am afraid of his strength. 20 reps @225 at the combine, not good. So, stay away from both at #5.

I'd rather have Orakpo then either one.

I don't get the fetish with Jackson all of a sudden.

Its crazy....he is the only 5 technigue in the draft and they are saying a LOCK as top 5 pick...KC 3-4 DE...curry to play inside and "not worth the money" for a top 5 pick that hasn't rushed the passer....I could see KC taking him also the Browns.

Now wait folks...WHY would we take a player who is only outstanding in ONE position when we could get a #5 pick who would be INADEQUATE at TWO positions!!...Think of the versatility!! :rolleyes:

I think some of these "draft gurus" must be off season comedians.

Mike

Archived