THE BROWNS BOARD

Crabtree wants to join Browns, but is feeling mutual?

TheClevelandSound

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/22/crabtree-w...t-is-it-mutual/

Texas Tech’s Michael Crabtree would love to play for the Browns, which would give the team at least one receiver who wants to be in Cleveland.

Crabtree made his feelings known to the Cleveland Plain Dealer after a recent visit with the Browns went well (according to Crabtree):

“I loved Cleveland and would love to play there,” Crabtree said in an e-mail. “It’s a team with great history and great fans who love football.

“[browns coach Eric Mangini] is a great coach in this league with a lot of experience and I’d be excited to play for him.

“I was excited by the organization and the facilities. It would be fun to play there and I think they’re close to a championship level team.”

Plus, being the No. 5 overall pick in the draft means a touch more money, too. The Browns could have a glaring need at receiver if they deal Braylon Edwards and Donte’ Stallworth’s legal troubles affect his playing status.

But is the feeling between Crabtree, who’s recovering from foot surgery, and the Browns mutual?

Tony Grossi of the Plain Dealer cites team sources who say the Browns have crossed Crabtree off their draft board because of his diva attitude. Crabtree was described by some in the building as “not nice” during a recent visit.

The Browns have secured last-minute workouts for WRs Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt and Mohamed Massaquoi. Those three are expected to go in the bottom half of the first round, where the Browns could be picking if they do trade Edwards to one of the teams at the end of the order.

NFL.com’s panel of experts are in agreement, however, that the Browns will take Texas DE Brian Orakpo

at No. 5. Our panel has Crabtree landing in Oakland (at No. 7) or Jacksonville (at No. 8).

Crabtree chatted with NFL.com today, and he was asked about those conflicting reports about his visit to Cleveland.

“They’re just reports,” Crabtree said. “Who is to say if they were true or not. I had a good time when I met with Cleveland.”

braylon said the same thing about braylon remember? crabtree also might jsut be saying this to get into the top 5 picks. he knows that he won't be taken in teh top five and wants to get paid. by doing this, it could bump him up a couple places and get him a better pay-day. just my opinion though

I hope we stay away from slowtree unless we keep edwards and make slowtree our posession reciever he has great hands but due to not being real fast he can never be a deep threat on a consistant basis...edwards isnt exactly a true scorcher and also somewhat lacks breakaway speed unless he catches the ball in stride but he is experienced and faster than crabtree..

Yeah, I'm sure Crabs saying the politically correct thing now will make a difference on Mangini's first impression.

Newsflash. Players will always say they want to play for a team, especially those in the top five.

Don't think for a second Crabs can't slide, although Al--zheimers may put a stop to that.

I can see us taking @ #5

>> Sanchez, if we hope that teams will be forced to call us after taking the bait.

>> Raji, if we plan to do a trade for Rogers

>> LB - Orakpo or Maulaga, if we like to go D and cant wait or risk to see if Curry can make the transition.

I'm not sold on us trading for Crabtree .. any other options u can think of ?

I can see us taking @ #5

>> Sanchez, if we hope that teams will be forced to call us after taking the bait.

>> Raji, if we plan to do a trade for Rogers

>> LB - Orakpo or Maulaga, if we like to go D and cant wait or risk to see if Curry can make the transition.

I'm not sold on us trading for Crabtree .. any other options u can think of ?

I'd be more worried about Orakpo making the transition than Curry. At least he has played LB before.

Archived