THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns would be ignorant if they draft Sanchez...

TK39

I think it would be a horrible move....and the town of Cleveland would eat the GM up alive!

Sanchez will be a fine QB (maybe) and isn't an upgrade from Brady Quinn.

Just a thought.

he'd need to real piece of crap to NOT be an upgrade from those 3 shitty starts Quinn had last yr.

I'm no Sanchez fan, but something tells me he probably won't be getting the hook by his THIRD GAME IN THE LEAGUE.

...just a thought.

Who is it you want the Browns to start at QB? Just for the record.

I think it would be a horrible move....and the town of Cleveland would eat the GM up alive!

Sanchez will be a fine QB (maybe) and isn't an upgrade from Brady Quinn.

Just a thought.

I wouldnt mind them drafting Sanchez @ number 5 .... apart from experience (lack off) no body has anything against him that says he is a bad pick ... i will be surprised if the seahawks dont take him.

If i look at the number of teams that need a quarterback and the QB prospects in the draft ... draftin Sanchez will make a lot of teams call Cleveland. Worst Case scenario we have 3 QB's in which case we let Quinn and Anderson duke it out with the loser getting cut.

how about an established TD passer, a leader, team captain, former pro bowler....

hmmm... anybody like that on the roster?

yeah a complete phony who shit himself when it matterd most...go on lilboy and go fuk you Derek Bear Fathead!

how about an established TD passer, a leader, team captain, former pro bowler....

Alright, if we go on those qualities and assume he is the starter. How much slack do you give? At what point do you have him relinquish the title of starter?

There must be a limit to the amount of losing you accept before a change should be made, what would you need to see for him to be benched?

If you are speaking of DA, you have problems. The fact of the matter is this: THAT WAS DA's PAST. He fell apart last season, tried to prove himself again, but was continiously inconsistent with the short passes, made too many incomplete ones by overthrowing and underthrowing them, when he was in trouble, he wouldnt move like Quinn does. DA just waits to be tackled. Hes a loser, hes pathetic and should no longer be a quarterback. Hes nothing. Quinn has already showed that hes more consistent in the pocket, gets the ball down the field, makes quick decisions and barely gets sacked. He lets the ball go before he gets tackled. We appreciate what DA did in 2007 but that was a one hit wonder my friend.

Lumbergh these are the facts. Look at the stats. And not just the stats, tapes of the 08 season when he was quarterback. He was horrible and thats not a matter of opinion. Its a fact. Hes nothing, he sucks. Get rid of him.

Quinn has a chance but has alot to prove. And he will perform and make plays unlike DA. You watch. DA=Tim Couch in my book. WORTHLESS. Sad but true buddy. Live with it.

Quinn has a chance but has alot to prove. And he will perform and make plays unlike DA. You watch. DA=Tim Couch in my book. WORTHLESS. Sad but true buddy. Live with it.

Quinn had a chance and it only served to prove why he rode pine for so long.

I wouldnt mind them drafting Sanchez @ number 5 .... apart from experience (lack off) no body has anything against him that says he is a bad pick ... i will be surprised if the seahawks dont take him.

If i look at the number of teams that need a quarterback and the QB prospects in the draft ... draftin Sanchez will make a lot of teams call Cleveland. Worst Case scenario we have 3 QB's in which case we let Quinn and Anderson duke it out with the loser getting cut.

You can't do it unless you think Quinn isn't the answer at QB and you already have a deal in place and the deal is a 1st and another pick. If I'm trading I want extra pick to fill needs. You have to be comfortable with your QB and if they aren't comfortable with Quinn then move him. but, you still have to have the picks to fill your needs. You don't want an exchange of QBs to set the team back.

But, personally I think they are fine with Quinn. So having someone trade up to get Sanchez would be the best senerio. I'm all for trading down and I would give a discount just to get out of the pick at #5. I wouldn't ask for two 1st rounders. If it was the Jets or Wash I'd do a 1st and a 3rd with a 2nd next year. I wouldn't be greedy because there is as much value at a cheaper cost in the middle of the round and we need picks because we have many holes to fill.

Nice post Brownslifer, however you're talking to somebody who's so head over heels in love with DA, so blinded by manlove that his mental makeup cannot come to terms with these FACTS.

That and as strong as his love is for DA his hate for BQ is equally strong.

Put that together, and you have a guy who watches the game of football with all the rationality of a pregnant woman who by some miracle is also going through menopause.

Lumstucky is full on Jaqueer mode now, boy has totally lost whatever semblance of rational small thought he clung to for so long.

There be some weird mofos out there on the trail.

Guest Masters
Quinn had a chance and it only served to prove why he rode pine for so long.

LMFAO....Yup putting up 30 in his only healthy start sure proved why he rode pine for so long....

Think, then speak

Alright, if we go on those qualities and assume he is the starter. How much slack do you give? At what point do you have him relinquish the title of starter?

There must be a limit to the amount of losing you accept before a change should be made, what would you need to see for him to be benched?

I actually think DA got the yank early last year. They probably should have started Quinn at least the first game, and likely the 2nd, due to the concussion... DA missed basically all of preseason, one receiver was coming off an achilles, another had swollen balls, Stallworth and JJ were missing... recipe for failure the first few games. It should have been Quinn 'til DA got a couple good weeks of practice in.. at any rate, DA didn't play that poorly, not the reason for losses anyway... the entire team sucked through game 3, then won 3 of 5 and started looking better. DA got yanked because the owner of the team wanted to play coach.

When the QB is clearly the reason for the losses is when you make the change. Whoever is chosen to start this season, I hope Lerner stays out of the way and lets the coach do his job. Last year the team was doomed once DA was pulled.

LMFAO....Yup putting up 30 in his only healthy start sure proved why he rode pine for so long....

Think, then speak

go ahead and cross your fingers and hope that NFL execs throw out the rest of his shitty games based on a owie on his finger.

good luck with that.

when somebody better comes along.

and by better I mean better in reality, not just in your fantasies.

Look Lumnuts, the Browns have 2 QBs on the roster better than your boyfriend! Quinn & Cribbs! You made a remark about Quinn getting the hook after 3 games? This just proves that you only listen to what you want to hear! HE WAS INJURED!!! And in his 1st 2 starts, Quinn led the team to their highest offensive outputs of the season! Where was your boy then? Oh wait, he was yanked from his starting role and sat on the pine in favor of Quinn on only 3 days notice! And Quinn played well until he got hurt!

Now, I'm assuming that DA plays real well with you. But the only time he plays well on the field is when no one expects anything from him! When there's pressure, he folds! And, I have never seen anything that shows/tells me that he is a team leader! Get a life!

Guest Masters
go ahead and cross your fingers and hope that NFL execs throw out the rest of his shitty games based on a owie on his finger.

good luck with that.

The rest of his shitty games....lmfao. God you love to reach. You mean those two games with a broken finger.

Dude, you better hope NFL execs throw out DA's shitty 14 of 24 starts over the last 3 seasons. Good luck with that.

Funny, I thought you were gonna say Derrick Anderson, but with the exception of "former pro bowler" that sounds nothing like him.

Didn't read them all but in fairness BQ was not benched, he was hurt. He did not play 3 horrible games as a matter of fact he played one really good game against denver and then 2 not very good games. But, when looking at what DA did against Buffalo at about the same time a year earlier it was similar.

I do not know if BQ is the answer for cleveland and I am not sure Sanchez is better and the way I would look at it is that if Sanchez is not obviously better than BQ then why waste a number 5 pick on a QB when since the 80's only 35% of QBs drafted in the top 12 would be considered successes in the NFL (Heard on radio).

the Browns have so many needs and getting a pass rush is a major one and I think that is where the Browns should go with thier draft. Even if you don't think BQ or DA is the answer in cleveland I would not draft a QB at 5.

he'd need to real piece of crap to NOT be an upgrade from those 3 shitty starts Quinn had last yr.

I'm no Sanchez fan, but something tells me he probably won't be getting the hook by his THIRD GAME IN THE LEAGUE.

...just a thought.

Come on lums you know what happens on opening day if mangini trades bq and starts DA...unless da has grown a brain to match his foot size and the ability to scan/read fast and throw the ball to more then 1 tightly double covered reciever named edwards there is no way he starts in brownstown..mankok and DA would be boo'ed out of the stadium on the first interception if DA wasnt pulled.. personally i would prefer bq,sanchez,stafford or even leftwich as opposed to DA as a starter just to end the controversy once and for all...

DA lacks to many tools and has a gunslingers arm and mentality but he lacks control,discipline and luck not to mention he has no short or medium passing game..

Why does the golden boy have offers for trade but nobody wants DA?

We will find out once the qb competition begins it wont last long bq will be our starter...;)

Besides if you draft Sanchez BEFORE you trade Quinn then they are really f*cking themselves. Think about it, we will then have 3 QB's on our roster that are all really young. EVERY team in the league will know that without a doubt we have to deal one. Do you really think any team is going to give up a lot when they know we have to trade them?

We will get boned with a shitty inexperienced QB and then boned again in the trade for Quinn.

That's what a lot of people are missing with this scenario. If we do draft Sanchez, then anything we had hoped to get for Quinn just went down the shitter to be just a little above Dexter's trade value.

So we basically would have to trade Quinn tomorrow (if we actually want to get the most for him) and GAMBLE that Snatchez (who may or may not be better) will fall to us. That's the only scenario here where we don't lose out in some way.

But we'd be stupid to trade Quinn before we KNOW that we could get Snatch at 5. At the same time, if we wait to see if Snatchez is there at 5 and then try to trade Quinn while we're on the clock we won't get shit because the whole world will then know we're taking Snatch and Quinn is expendable to us.

Nice post Brownslifer, however you're talking to somebody who's so head over heels in love with DA, so blinded by manlove that his mental makeup cannot come to terms with these FACTS.

That and as strong as his love is for DA his hate for BQ is equally strong.

Put that together, and you have a guy who watches the game of football with all the rationality of a pregnant woman who by some miracle is also going through menopause.

Do you two have a man crush on each other? You guys follow each other quite often around here......

Listen here Noob, if I feel like kicking lums in the nuts when he gets out of line (which is with every post) then I shall do so.

Lums has 2 friends on here, Drunkandstood (very appropriate name) and GMP, the three of them together have the combined IQ of tree moss.....

Just calling it like I see it.

And who cares about making friends on a message board. We type our opinions about our football team. Quit trying to win a popularity contest. Your giving him the attention on stupid DA posts and thats what he wants.

Archived