THE BROWNS BOARD

Analyzing the Trade Rumors

WPB Dawg Fan

We have heard a ton of trade rumors...and have heard about the death of a ton as well. So let's go down the list:

Brady Quinn to....well...EVERYONE: Sorry lummy, this just isn't going to happen. This trade rumor seems to be based on one sided conversations of teams INQUIRING about Quinns availability. I believe that the only reason the Browns have NOT quashed them is that it helps perpetuate the idea that the Browns will draft Sanchez. Why trade away one untried QB for another with even LESS college success and NO pro experience...who will cost EVEN MORE. It just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Derek Anderson to...well...NOBODY: We haven't heard much about DA getting traded. Many are guessing that this means he isn't worth anything and we can't get value for him. Honestly, DA is not a QB anyone is going to get all that excited about....but he is also a solid option for a lot of teams. I really believe he will be traded on draft day AFTER Stafford/Sanchez are off the board...by a team looking for a QB that just missed out (NY Jets/Denver/SF/Washington/etc.). The fact remains he is still pretty affordable and has experience and past success. He will be worth a late 1st at best, but more likely a 2nd and 5th.

Shaun Rogers to KC: Yes, that rumor is still around...and somebody actually thought they could get him for a 3rd!!! The fact is, he was in camp, and everything seems to have smoothed over at this point. I don't see him getting moved, especially since Rubin isn't ready and the only draft prospect to replace him is Raji...who would require the 5th overall. You don't trade a Pro Bowl player just to DROP IN THE DRAFT from #5 to the 3rd round. Again, sniff test failed.

Braylon Edwards to NYG: This has been rumored to be done..and then dead. The Browns are said to be asking for the 29th overall pick PLUS a player. I think when push comes to shove and both Maclin and Crabtree are off the board....the final decision will be Edwards vs the second tier of WR's in the draft (Bey/Harvin/Nicks/Britt). I seriously doubt that the Giants will think that any of those are actually BETTER than Edwards. At the end of the day...the Browns will get the 29th...but maybe nothing more. The Browns will do it because that will allow them to get their new starting CENTER. As for the Browns WR corp...I know it has holes...but I think they are building a run first team and that the WR position will be addressed AFTER solidifying the OL and the D.

i don't have espn insider so i couldn't read the article. but the head line said something about braylon possibly to the eagles. but this could also be a fluke in order to get the giants to bite with philly and the giants being in the sames division and both needing a "top notch WR". anyone have insider to get the scoop?

i don't have espn insider so i couldn't read the article. but the head line said something about braylon possibly to the eagles. but this could also be a fluke in order to get the giants to bite with philly and the giants being in the sames division and both needing a "top notch WR". anyone have insider to get the scoop?

It was pretty lame conjecture to be honest. Their entire blurb was based on the fact that the Eagles were linked to Boldin and COULD decide that Edwards filled the need as well. They went on to mention the Jets and the RAVENS as possible landing spots for Edwards...as if the Browns would even consider trading him to the Ravens.

Archived