THE BROWNS BOARD

If we trade down, who do you want?

Adz1987

I would prefer Tyson Jackson at #5 than Rey Rey. I just tend to agree that he is NOT a 3 down player...and you don't take a 2 down guy at #5.

Still, if the Browns think he can cover well enough to play 3 downs...go for it.

Here's my question, why not just take Rey at the 5 pick?

If we can't trade down and that's the guy we really want why not take him with the 5th pick? Sure many will consider it a reach, but he's not going to be there in the 2nd round and if there's no other player we like at 5 why not just take him? It just doesn't make sense to me to take a player in the top 5 you don't want just because every draft guru has him rated as top 5 talent, or conversely not taking a player just because they aren't rated that high.

he would then demand number 5 money. it would be an awful lot for a middle linebacker.

Guest Aloysius
Here's my question, why not just take Rey at the 5 pick?

Because money tends to magnify character issues. And I just don't think he's the best player available at #5.

Depends how far you are talking. If it's to Buffalo at 11 or Denver at 12 you may still be able to grab Brian Orakpo or B.J. Raji, or Maualuga or anyone else we've talked about the Browns drafting.

That's why a trade down is ideal....Almost too good to be true.

If it's farther down then Maybe Ayers, Cushing or Hood.

Archived