THE BROWNS BOARD

B.J. RAJI highlights

Oldcrow1945

I really like this guy. He's probably not a good fit for the Browns but I could understand why a team like the Pats would want to trade up to get him. He's a load that never gets pushed around. He's seems to always be in the backfield or in good postion to make the tackle. Just distruptive as heck.

He's going to be a force at the next level.

Several scouts have said before "don't underestimate Raji's ability to be a solid DE in a 3-4. He has the quickness and lateral movement."

Doesn't matter about lb's until your front three can kick arse. If we don't have that front three next year...

our lb's are going to have a real tough time.

Tomorrow's draft - nobody, anywhere is going to get it right. That might even be just the top ten... because I

figure Detroit won't pay the 40 million bucks guaranteed to the qb. They will draft Curry or Smith. I think.

I like his quickness off the ball, and his strength seems to be above average.

Call me crazy, but he could possibly play DE for us....

The thought has actually been to use Rodgers as a DE and Raji at NT...which gives us the ability to switch to the 4-3 while using the same personnel up front.

I like his quickness off the ball, and his strength seems to be above average.

Call me crazy, but he could possibly play DE for us....

I think so too. I don't believe for a second that he's any slower than Corey Williams or Shaun Smith. That first step of his is very quick.

Guest Aloysius

Quickness off the snap doesn't mean a guy can play five technique. Raji's not the kind of guy who can move down the line, change direction, then make a tackle like a 3-4 DE has to do.

He's great at using his quickness off the snap to penetrate upfield or push the pocket, which makes him a better fit at 4-3 DT or 3-4 NT.

He gets off blocks extremely well, so putting him in a 3-4 were you want to eat up blockers instead of shedding them would go against his strengths. He reminds me of a Warren Sapp type, He'll make tackles in the backfield and rush the passer in a 4-3 but dont think his style of play fits a 3-4 in my opinion

I think Raji is an outstanding pick for our versatile 3-4.

The more we play Rogers and Raji, the more free room we have for Hall and Wimbley to rush the passer. We already have a great tackler in D'qwell to flow to the ball.

It's less of a traditional fit for a team that runs a 3-4..But we have seen traditional get blown out of the water with Crennel and the previous uncreative regimes.

I'm gonna take a lot of heat for this, but I DO NOT want Raji!!!

Here's why...

The guy at Boston College, playing to work his way into a big NFL deal couldn't stay away from pot smoking when it may have cost him big money. What do you think will happen after he GETS the big money? I question his character AND his intelligence. Send him to the Bengals. IMO he'll be a big waste of talent & money....too big of a risk.

Mike

I think Raji is an outstanding pick for our versatile 3-4.

The more we play Rogers and Raji, the more free room we have for Hall and Wimbley to rush the passer. We already have a great tackler in D'qwell to flow to the ball.

It's less of a traditional fit for a team that runs a 3-4..But we have seen traditional get blown out of the water with Crennel and the previous uncreative regimes.

Excellent post.

I don't see why Raji or Rogers (or both) couldn't fit in at 3-4 DE. I mean, we're not talking Ted Washington here.....

This is why I don't have a problem with drafting the highest-rated DT in the draft (assuming Curry is off the board):

1) He's the best player at a position of need

2) He's not a reach

3) He has versatility. He's not a nose tackle or a defensive end. He's a nose tackle AND a defensive end in a 3-4.

4) If Mangini didn't already believe he could make it work with both Rogers and Raji, then Raji wouldn't even be considered.

5) When in doubt, take the surest player to fill a position of need. There are too many doubts about Orakpo and others. The only thing about Raji was the pot, and even that was B.S.

I'm gonna take a lot of heat for this, but I DO NOT want Raji!!!

Here's why...

The guy at Boston College, playing to work his way into a big NFL deal couldn't stay away from pot smoking when it may have cost him big money. What do you think will happen after he GETS the big money? I question his character AND his intelligence. Send him to the Bengals. IMO he'll be a big waste of talent & money....too big of a risk.

Mike

Umm, perhaps you shyould read up on how the pot charges were wrong my man. Matter of fact, Raji's mom is a Pastor and he was horribly embarrassed by the erroneous reports.

Character problems have been wiped off the books with Raji, he is no Pocket Change Warren.

Umm, perhaps you shyould read up on how the pot charges were wrong my man. Matter of fact, Raji's mom is a Pastor and he was horribly embarrassed by the erroneous reports.

Character problems have been wiped off the books with Raji, he is no Pocket Change Warren.

I apologize, especially since I detest rumors & gossip & there I was, posting same as if it were fact. Pretty stupid on my part. My only excuse is that I have been too busy lately to stay on top of things.

With that issue proven wrong, he would certainly not be a poor choice.

Mike

Archived