THE BROWNS BOARD

Anybody watch Trump yesterday?

Westside Steve

I thought it was a decent pivot even though I'm sure it won't get a fair Shake in the MSM. Where I think he missed an opportunity is in not praising legal immigrants who have gone through all the machinations necessary to become citizens.

I know quite a few of them who are upset they have done what required while watching others just Slither over the Border hole up in sanctuary cities and get a free pass.

Also possibly try to appeal to the Muslims who do not sympathize with ISIS.

Also remind women and gays who love Hillary which candidate wants to fled the country with refugees who really honestly believe they are second-class human beings deserving of punishment and or death.

WSS

So, appeal to people outside of straight white christian men? Genius idea!

BTW, Trump has 'shaken up' his campaign team again.

I don't think the Christians are hardcore Trump supporters, do you? Probably only when given a choice of trump or a candidate that outright despises them. ;)

But, unless it's too late, I don't think legal immigrants and non Isis loving Muslims women or homosexuals have any reason to be opposed to him.

WSS

TrumPANIC at the TRUMPtanic!! Breitbart News TAKES OVER flailing campaign!!

El Trumpo continues to shock and surprise us, and today is no exception as we discover that he’s merging his flailing campaign with Breitbart News and dumping Manafort and everyone else telling him to tone it down.

More from Politico:

The Republican nominee tapped pollster Kellyanne Conway as campaign manager and Breitbart News Chairman Stephen Bannon as campaign chief executive, Conway confirmed to POLITICO early Wednesday morning.

The news was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

Trump told the paper “I want to win,” and “That’s why I’m bringing on fantastic people who know how to win and love to win.”

Campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who had been effectively running the campaign for the last two months, will stay on in his current position.

But the shakeup seems to represent a diminution of his authority at a time when Trump’s campaign is sliding in polls versus Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, and has been badly damaged by a string of controversies stemming from Trump’s own impolitic pronouncements.

This is truly blowing my mind. And it basically dispels the assurances from Manafort that there weren’t any problems in the campaign and reports that he was being frustrated with Trump were absolutely true.

Donald Trump, whose presidential bid has been stumbling badly in recent weeks, is reshuffling his campaign’s senior leadership.

This is a doubling down on the “let Trump be Trump” strategy, if I’m reading it correctly, and I imagine that we’re going to see a lot of fireworks, and a lot less “controlled Trump.” Because Trump just can’t conceive that anyone would dislike him, and he’s hired yes-men to reassure him of that fantasy.

Trump Once Again Mistakes Flattery for Competence, Hires Breitbart News’ Stephen Bannon as Campaign Chief Exec

As has been remarked before, Trump judges' people's character and competence solely by how nice they are to him. If a person flatters him, they are great at their job. If a person criticizes or challenges him, they are terrible at their job and probably are soon to get fired. This is especially true of people in the media.

That's why it's not really surprising at all that Trump completed the circle he began yesterday with the hiring of Roger Ailes. Trump apparently decided he wasn't surrounded by enough people who told him how great he was, so he added the co founder of the other news entity that has repeated his every fantasy as fact, Breitbart News.

If you've ever met Bannon before, you know what a desperate play this truly is. Either that or a signal that he knows he's already lost and wants to reward people who helped him get this far.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/08/17/trump-mistakes-flattery-competence-hires-breitbart-news-stephen-bannon-campaign-chief-exec/

Trump Once Again Mistakes Flattery for Competence, Hires Breitbart News’ Stephen Bannon as Campaign Chief Exec

As has been remarked before, Trump judges' people's character and competence solely by how nice they are to him. If a person flatters him, they are great at their job. If a person criticizes or challenges him, they are terrible at their job and probably are soon to get fired. This is especially true of people in the media.

That's why it's not really surprising at all that Trump completed the circle he began yesterday with the hiring of Roger Ailes. Trump apparently decided he wasn't surrounded by enough people who told him how great he was, so he added the co founder of the other news entity that has repeated his every fantasy as fact, Breitbart News.

If you've ever met Bannon before, you know what a desperate play this truly is. Either that or a signal that he knows he's already lost and wants to reward people who helped him get this far.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/08/17/trump-mistakes-flattery-competence-hires-breitbart-news-stephen-bannon-campaign-chief-exec/

Wow redstate has more cucks on board than I thought - I wonder how many black bulls were plowing Leon's wife when he wrote that.

The biggest high-level Trump ass-kisser was fired, which was Lewandowski.

This might be real interesting...Trump is kind of boring reading off a teleprompter anyway:

FORGET the pivot!! Trump DOUBLING DOWN on ‘bare-knuckled’ nationalist populist FIGHT with Hillary!

Early this morning Trump announced that he’s completely changing up his campaign – you might have thought that this means a pivot to tone it down more. You would be WRONG if you thought that!!

From reporter Robert Acosta:

Bannon has convinced Trump that rest of campaign needs to be bare-knuckles brawl, w/ full-bore populism/movement politics

Huge rallies. Gloves off. Brutal fights with Clinton. Heavy emphasis on nationalism and populism. That's the Bannon strategy.

What I hear: Bannon's calculation is that Trump can still win but only if he is truly seen as "change," as "the total outsider"

Wow. Get ready everybody. It’s gonna bet a hell of a lot worse. If you want to see a preview of what we’re in for, go check out the comments at any post at the racist alt-right sewer that Breitbart News has become. And Bannon actually convinced Trump that this will win America! Amazing…

So Trump had 2 incredibly well-received speeches in two days and now some 'undisclosed source' is claiming he's going to go buckwild.

Emphasizing nationalism/populism is smart, but I don't see how they translate that as he's going to go crazy alt-right.

Fwiw breitbart has seen record growth this year - they're doing phenomenal.

The establishment cuck think-tanks like redstate and national review are going down the tubes.

Not that I tend to read breitbart much, the comment section there is cancer.

---

And I'm sure a WaPo reporter has the complete inside scoop to Trump's campaign and thought process.

So Trump does it again -- steps on his message. His two "substantive" speeches this week on terrorism & law/order are now playing second fiddle to the shakeup.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

He added two more people to his team - I don't see why it's such a terrible thing.

I thought it was a decent pivot even though I'm sure it won't get a fair Shake in the MSM. Where I think he missed an opportunity is in not praising legal immigrants who have gone through all the machinations necessary to become citizens.

Yup...40-ish minute speech with 8 spent on the billed topic... Law & Order.

In those 8 were a bunch of stats and one prescribed solution... more Police... with no comment on how he would help local communities pay for them.

Rest was boiler-plate, bullet points that have been repeated for months on end.

He added two more people to his team - I don't see why it's such a terrible thing.

He demoted Manafort and promoted a spokesperson, Kelly Ann Conway (sp?) all the way to campaign Chairwoman... the 3rd Chair the campaign has had and a change with 80-some days to go.

Coincides with an emerging AP report that Manafort is in a little hot water:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's campaign chairman helped a pro-Russian governing party in Ukraine secretly route at least $2.2 million in payments to two prominent Washington lobbying firms in 2012, and did so in a way that effectively obscured the foreign political party's efforts to influence U.S. policy.

The revelation, provided to The Associated Press by people directly knowledgeable about the effort, comes at a time when Trump has faced criticism for his friendly overtures to Russian President Vladimir Putin. It also casts new light on the business practices of campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

Under federal law, U.S. lobbyists must declare publicly if they represent foreign leaders or their political parties and provide detailed reports about their actions to the Justice Department. A violation is a felony and can result in up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c01989a47ee5421593ba1b301ec07813/ap-sources-manafort-tied-undisclosed-foreign-lobbying

While Kelly Ann has been one of his most enthusiastic, if not effective, spokespersons, that's a big jump. And while I am not suggesting she is not up to the task, the only organization I can find that she has run was a Pro-Cruz Super-Pac this year.

Then he adds the CEO of Breitebart... to broaden his appeal?

Conway is one of Trump's better hires in that she can go on any lib talk show and hold her own without stepping in it. Some of Trump's other spokespeople have not fared as well.

Completely agree... in case that already was not apparent when spread out over two or three threads now...

Archived