THE BROWNS BOARD

CNN calls black people felons

bbedward

The bias says it all in the headlines. Instead of reporting Trump trying to reach out to black voters they try to find a way to slam him at the same time so they put that in there about Trump being opposed to the dem governor in Virginia trying to legalize felon voters by executive order.

Not being the brightest bulbs they didn't see the implications of equating blacks with being felons.

Yeah.. that attempted linkage is just wrong and any reading that bites CNN in the ass is deserved...

Here's something I did not know...

Virginia is one of only a few states that barred felons from voting for life.

Turns out "a few" is ten and apparently even those differentiate the permanent ban by the type of felony. Most of the other 40 (plus DC) reinstate the rights at some point after either incarceration or parole or probation. In two states never lose their access and can vote from their jail cell.

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000286

Pretty sure he has a Tuesday tee time...

Meanwhile I searched for any criticism of the Federal relief/ assistance efforts and not seeing any. In fact not much coverage of the relief effort at all. This, from the Baton Rouge based The Advocate, was one of the first google results on topic.

Grace Notes: So far, federal response to Louisiana flood is on the mark

It's easy to bash Washington at times of immense frustration and stress. Such a reaction is often warranted.

But not always. And, I'd argue, not now.

That doesn't mean things will necessarily go smoothly from here forward. Rebuilding will be a long, difficult slog. Congress will have to approve any aid beyond what FEMA offers automatically — which, for the many residents who didn't think they needed flood insurance, tops out at $33,000 and usually amounts to much less. Louisiana's relatively junior congressional delegation will have some serious convincing to do to make any additional aid a reality. The state will surely seek to have its 25 percent match for its own immediate costs reduced to 10 percent; we'll all have to keep our fingers crossed on that one.

Still, so far things are working the way they should, and Louisiana is benefiting from the lack of drama. Sure, a visit from President Barack Obama might bring some needed attention along with a bunch of logistical complications.

There's been little finger pointing so far, and little cause for it. What a relief.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/stephanie_grace/article_7b906ea8-6625-11e6-b74b-475b8c2d6a05.html

I edited out a bunch of Katrina contrasting so as not too upset the natives too much. Link will take to the full article. If you look be sure to check out the comments at the bottom. Not quite as lively as the typical thread here, but not bad for amateurs...

One of the comments is about future disappointment with the financial assistance and I endorse wholeheartedly. Folks, even those with flood insurance, will never get the amount of $$$ they either need or feel they deserve.

Because I "under insured" my two-story, Ike-flooded home by 40% believing the 2nd story was safe, which it was, I only received 60% of the estimated damages to the 1st floor. My bad for not reading the fine print of my Allstate issued, federally backed policy.

hahaha.

The gov was a democrat during Katrina.

Oh, and the current gov.... is a democrat.

Gee, they bashed Bush, and praise the help during the flood.

I'm sure you...honestly left that part out.

Intentionally left out Katrina bits as I saw them as editorial comment. Saw no need to include them.

Correct on both Govs, but point was the article was the only account I found with comment on the actual relief effort. If the report is biased, I've seen nothing to check it against.

Unless I flat missed it, all the links damning Obama for not having toured yet contain no account of the actual relief effort.

Ditto the "memo" links....

Damn you guys talk about Louisiana and shit why don't we talk about the hilarious fact that CNN just ran their most racist headline ever.

It's like the SJW Bernouts that complained about Hillary winning the black vote because "they don't know what's good for them selves,vote against their self interests"

liberals play both sides of the fence. Bush's debt was "unpatriotic" even per obamao himself.

liberals were "terrified" of the weight of our debt on "our children".

but obamao got elected, it stopped. They don't really care about the debt after all.

and they sure as heck don't care about the children.

the libs were "terrified" about the Patriot Act. obamao gets elected... makes the patriot act stronger...

but libs don't care about it, after all.

It isn't even deliberate flip-flopping - it's just driven by emotional changes. They get angry because the pres is a

rep...but let the pres be a dem... and they go happy, and since they are happy, the contrived "offenses" and "frights"

that never were really based on serious reasons... goes pro intead of the previous "con"

liberals play both sides of the fence. Bush's debt was "unpatriotic" even per obamao himself.

liberals were "terrified" of the weight of our debt on "our children".

but obamao got elected, it stopped. They don't really care about the debt after all.

and they sure as heck don't care about the children.

the libs were "terrified" about the Patriot Act. obamao gets elected... makes the patriot act stronger...

but libs don't care about it, after all.

It isn't even deliberate flip-flopping - it's just driven by emotional changes. They get angry because the pres is a

rep...but let the pres be a dem... and they go happy, and since they are happy, the contrived "offenses" and "frights"

that never were really based on serious reasons... goes pro intead of the previous "con"

Not entirely true, cal.

Plenty on the left spoke out against the continuation of the Patriot act... some as a whole... more around the meta data collection and retention.

The debt is a political football... has been for decades.

Damn you guys talk about Louisiana and shit why don't we talk about the hilarious fact that CNN just ran their most racist headline ever.

Eye of the beholder?

And an update... an Advocate editorial was critical of Obama's delay in coming, but not the relief effort.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/our_views/article_f1ce22ee-64b4-11e6-b11a-a393ff25161d.html

Archived