Survey Tuesday 8/23

The Gipper

Here are this weeks survey questions. Give your answers/opinions:

1. For the forthcoming season who will be:

A. Browns Offensive MVP:

B. Browns Defensive MVP:

C. Browns Offensive Rookie of the year

D. Browns Defensive Rookie of the year

2. Besides yourself, who do you think has the best screen name on the board?

3. The players of the NFL seem to hate Roger Goodell. Do you think their feelings are justified?

4. Did you watch much of the Olympics, in which the USA performed well. If so, what was the major highlight of the games....

....and the major lowlight of the games

5. School's back in...which means Autumn is to follow. Having any Fall travel planned?

A. Browns Offensive MVP: Duke Johnson...breaks out.

B. Browns Defensive MVP: Joe Haden....he needs to be.

C. Browns Offensive Rookie of the year..Corey Coleman...will have most opportunities.

D. Browns Defensive Rookie of the year...Nassib...could prove the pass rusher we have been looking for.

I always like The hammer: Ballpeen. And Vapor Trail (attractive to my conspiratorial instincts)

3. The players of the NFL seem to hate Roger Goodell. Do you think their feelings are justified?

For the most part: NO. Not justified. For the most part they bring this shit down upon themselves. This is like a criminal blaming a judge or a cop for their own criminal behavior.

Could/should the system of punishment be more independent? Absolutely. Certainly it is not in our basic system to have the same entity be both prosecutor and judiciary. But that is the system as it is set up.....don't blame Goodell for implementing the system that the players agreed to in their CBA.

And should something like the marijuana policy be revised? Absolutely. To put a guy on a shelf for like 2 years for a little pot smoking is ignorant. But, yes, those are the current rules, and they must be enforced. Work on changing, through collective bargaining, the method of arbitration of violations, and the rules that are to apply themselves. Don't bitch about the person whose job it is to enforce the rules you agreed to.

4. Did you watch much of the Olympics, in which the USA performed well. If so, what was the major highlight of the games....

Yes, watch a lot of them. Every night. Highlights? Sure, Bolt. Phelps....and all those USA medals

lowlights....Hope Solo and Lochte making asses of themselves.....but I paid attention to those things for like 30 seconds. A couple of stupid acts cannot take away from all the quality I saw in those games....by the USA and others.

And our Akron U boy getting a bronze in the 800. Reminiscent of Dave Wottle in 1972.

5. School's back in...which means Autumn is to follow. Having any Fall travel planned?

I do. I have planned my annual Fall trip for guys for the end of Oct. to go to Idaho. (still have room....pm me if interested)

I had thought long and hard about doing the Tennessee game tailgate....but the Idaho thing took up my resources for that. Unless a pile of cash falls in my lap, I can't do both....plus, as part of my Tennesse plans I would have taken a week over the the Smokies vicinity....but I kinda had to reserve that for the wife who wants to see the Biltmore mansion in that area.

A. Browns Offensive MVP: Griffin

B. Browns Defensive MVP: Haden

C. Browns Offensive Rookie of the year - Corey Coleman, duh

D. Browns Defensive Rookie of the year - Nassib

Meh

In the same way that the children hate the teacher that tries to be their friend

GB finished second. Bit of a highlight. The green diving pool stuck out.

I'm off on Friday to France to visit family and do mountain based pursuits - some hiking, climbing, kayaking etc.

I'm then back in blighty for a few weeks, and then visiting the desert for a couple of weeks - Zion, Bryce, Arches, and that big old canyon.

A. Browns Offensive MVP:Joe Thomas

B. Browns Defensive MVP:Demario davis

C. Browns Offensive Rookie of the year: Corey Coleman

D. Browns Defensive Rookie of the year: Carl Nassib

One Post From The Truth

yes.. he's pussifying the league

No

I'm moving in 3 weeks.

Seriously? It is the players with their concussion lawsuits that are doing that, not the commish, wouldn't you say?

I mean, football is a painful game. People get hurt playing football. Yet the players that get hurt, knowing it it painful want to sue because they get hurt, claiming the league didn't protect them enough....or didn't "warn them" that they could get hurt playing football?

How stupid is that.

Maybe I am smarter than almost all football players. I learned very early on that you can get hurt playing football. I had concussions and knee issues as early as grade school. I knew it hurt...and quite frankly, that is why I never played in High School.

Sure, you can say I wasn't tough enough...and that would likely be true. But I was smart enough to know I could get hurt.

A. Browns Offensive MVP: RG3

B. Browns Defensive MVP: Haden

C. Browns Offensive Rookie of the year Coleman

D. Browns Defensive Rookie of the year Nassib

Harry Taintsniffer

Sure.

I watched a lot of it. Nice to see us dominate swimming and gymanastics and the overall medal count.

No lowlights that I remember.

Wanna party with Lochte.

Miami for a Browns game.

Nashville for a Browns game

Cleveland for a Browns game.

A. Browns Offensive MVP: JOE THOMAS

B. Browns Defensive MVP: JOE HADEN

C. Browns Offensive Rookie of the year: COLEMAN

D. Browns Defensive Rookie of the year: NASSIB

2. Besides yourself, who do you think has the best screen name on the board? FANBOY - with all of one post.

3. The players of the NFL seem to hate Roger Goodell. Do you think their feelings are justified? Only the drug using dumbasses

....and the major lowlight of the games. DIANA TAURASI would fit right in with the splash brothers. That girl can shoot a basketball.

5. School's back in...which means Autumn is to follow. Having any Fall travel planned? Got an early Jan. trip planned for Akumal south of Cancun on the Yucatan Caribbean coast. Side trips to the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza and Tulum

A. Browns Offensive MVP: Duke Johnson

B. Browns Defensive MVP: Nate Orchard

C. Browns Offensive Rookie of the year Collin Coopman

D. Browns Defensive Rookie of the year Derrick Kindred

2. Besides yourself, who do you think has the best screen name on the board? Logicisforsquares

3. The players of the NFL seem to hate Roger Goodell. Do you think their feelings are justified? Yep. Doesnt carry the same level of respect that Rozelle and Tagliabue did....

....and the major lowlight of the games...Eh, kinda boring to me....

5. School's back in...which means Autumn is to follow. Having any Fall travel planned? Yep....Clearwater in Oct to visit my daughter and then Tucson in Nov to visit my bro....

A. Browns Offensive MVP: Gordon
B. Browns Defensive MVP: ummmmmm.... does there have to be one?
C. Browns Offensive Rookie of the year Coleman... the WR one
D. Browns Defensive Rookie of the year Nassib

Vagitron

Some sure, but NFLPA is responsible for most of his power...

I was burned out after week one... In Week 1 Phelps ruling the Fly again was high point. Women's soccer team losing to Sweden(?) was the low.

Miami in late Sept. and Austin in Oct.

Seriously? It is the players with their concussion lawsuits that are doing that, not the commish, wouldn't you say?

I mean, football is a painful game. People get hurt playing football. Yet the players that get hurt, knowing it it painful want to sue because they get hurt, claiming the league didn't protect them enough....or didn't "warn them" that they could get hurt playing football?

How stupid is that.

Maybe I am smarter than almost all football players. I learned very early on that you can get hurt playing football. I had concussions and knee issues as early as grade school. I knew it hurt...and quite frankly, that is why I never played in High School.

Sure, you can say I wasn't tough enough...and that would likely be true. But I was smart enough to know I could get hurt.

I understand all that and what your saying.. No matter how man safeguards you implement.. Injuries will be part of the Game... Do you really want NFL Flag Football?

How stupid is that.

I understand all that and what your saying.. No matter how man safeguards you implement.. Injuries will be part of the Game... Do you really want NFL Flag Football?

Precisely.

But my point is don't blame it on the commissioner. This commish is getting blamed, apparently by some, by not forewarning football players that they can get hurt playing football. Especially those who use their helmets as weapons. They use their head as a weapon and then wonder how they got a concussion....and blame the league for not warning them. Horse Hockey

Archived