THE BROWNS BOARD

Well its official...

CaineDeSoulis

The Browns preseason have the 32nd ranked offense and the 32nd ranked defense. We scored 44 points and gained 856 yards of offense in 4 games. We gave up 92 points and 1497 yards...

I know its preseason and this doesn't count but we currently are the worst browns team in history statistically speaking... Welp whenever a coaching change is made you dont expect to be a world beater but you expect atleast some improvement or the promise of improvement. But if this continues we will be the worst football team ever like in all of history.

Hope you guys like our coach because he's got one year at this rate. NO WAY does he get a second year with these numbers. Nobody would blame haslem for letting the coaching staff go for taking an admittedly bad but promising browns team and making it the worst of all time. Guys i'm concerned we're going to get kicked out of the league for this debacle lol. Is that a thing can we perform so poorly they kick haslem out? And shut the team down?

The Browns preseason have the 32nd ranked offense and the 32nd ranked defense. We scored 44 points and gained 856 yards of offense in 4 games. We gave up 92 points and 1497 yards...

I know its preseason and this doesn't count but we currently are the worst browns team in history statistically speaking... Welp whenever a coaching change is made you don't expect to be a world beater but you expect at least some improvement or the promise of improvement. But if this continues we will be the worst football team ever like in all of history.

Hope you guys like our coach because he's got one year at this rate. NO WAY does he get a second year with these numbers. Nobody would blame Haslem for letting the coaching staff go for taking an admittedly bad but promising browns team and making it the worst of all time. Guys I'm concerned we're going to get kicked out of the league for this debacle lol. Is that a thing can we perform so poorly they kick Haslem out? And shut the team down?

There's hope. They didn't kick the Lions out when they went 0-16. Dang, if the Browns hadn't beat the 49ers last year, the Buccaneers NFL record 26 consecutive losses in a row would have been well within reach.

our 4 man fronts looked better than our 3-4 scheme

nassib is a plus, gordon is a plus. Crow and Duke dont look bad.

everything else is pretty rough and questionable. our line looked ok last night, but this was all against mostly 2nd stringers, which doesnt bode well at all for the season because it was a close game and the bears still were very competitive with the Browns.

my biggest issue is with the defensive secondary, i think Poyer and Campbell will have a rough learning curve ahead of them. The speed of the regular season will not mix well with our raw young defensive backfield.

Yeah we're going to lose a lot of games. No shit. We've got like three notable veterans on the entire team. They're choosing to build a team, from scratch, from the ground up. So be it. I'm not concerned. Plus, when things start getting real ugly the triumphant world champion cleveland cavaliers will return.

The 2008 detroit lions finished 27th in offense and 32nd in defense. The 76 bucs finished 28th in offense and 24th in defense. Guys i get we are rebuilding and were going to lose games to prepare for the future but thats no excuse to be the worst ever. We are doing worse than the 99 browns team.... Like i said if this keeps up were going to see changes in staff no fucking way we keep it the same.

The 2008 detroit lions finished 27th in offense and 32nd in defense. The 76 bucs finished 28th in offense and 24th in defense. Guys i get we are rebuilding and were going to lose games to prepare for the future but thats no excuse to be the worst ever. We are doing worse than the 99 browns team.... Like i said if this keeps up were going to see changes in staff no fucking way we keep it the same.

Talk to everyone again after week 8 when the coaches have a chance to game plan. Preseason is just a chance to evaluate talent and not for scheming. That said, everyone knew this season was going to blow. They are building a team and cutting it short because some dummies are upset would be more detrimental than pushing through and getting the job done.

Hope you guys like our coach because he's got one year at this rate. NO WAY does he get a second year with these numbers.

Hue could literally take a shit on Jimmahs shoe mid field and not get fired after year one.

Not sure about "literally", but agree that W/L totals are not going to determine Hue's fate.

Team "direction"? Not feeling that either... no Chud 2.0 this season.

"It's a process."

My feeling is that, early on, the Browns may in fact look like the worst team ever.....but at about the quarter pole, they are going to start congealing....and while they won't win a lot of games, toward the end of the year they will be a tough out for anyone.

Yes.

An upcoming offseason full of hope and a plethora of draft picks for guys who can actually draft.

Merry Christmas, Browns fans.

Zombo

Yes.

An upcoming offseason full of hope and a plethora of draft picks for guys who can actually draft.

Merry Christmas, Browns fans.

Zombo

Potentially very high draft picks too. We know where the Browns are this year and the Eagles could easily be a below average to bad team. The Titans are on this rise but they could also be a top 10 type of draft team this year too. That means we'd have four picks within the top 40 or so including almost certainly a top 5 and top 10 pick.

It's almost like they have a concrete plan and we should have seen it coming! Enjoy the ride people, that's all you can do. At least being in South Florida this year I can get rowdy with a few other Browns fans at bottomless brunch!

For this season, sure it would be great to go 16-0 but it's very unlikely. As long as there is an upward trend instead of a downward trend by the end of the season I'll be somewhat pleased, I don't want to see the Browns give up halfway through the season and tank the last 8 games to get higher draft picks.

The preseason games: offense looked OK sometimes, Kessler does not look like he's ready for the speed of NFL games yet. The RG3 to Pryor connection looks great, hopefully they can keep it up during regular season. Stupid drive-killing penalties galore. Mistakes like that will hopefully clear up as the season progresses, this is a super-young team with a lot to learn.

I think the offense will be able to keep us in games, but the bigger problem (as many have been saying for a while now) is the defense. With Hue clearing out the overpaid underperformers, the defense has nowhere to go but up. Nassib, Orchard, Meder, Schobert all had some flashes here and there, looking forward to seeing what they can do. Yesterday's game Tuggle had some great plays, albeit against the Bears' scrubs. Let's see how it plays out. Maybe the Browns were just saving the good stuff for regular season ;)

My feeling is that, early on, the Browns may in fact look like the worst team ever.....but at about the quarter pole, they are going to start congealing....and while they won't win a lot of games, toward the end of the year they will be a tough out for anyone.

That's the hope.

That is true there's nowhere to go but up for sure. hopefully we do show some signs of life towards the end of the year. There are sparks on this team but no fire. I have no faith in rg3 and look for him to get either benched or hurt in the first 8 weeks. Mccown is crazy inconsistent and he's injury prone and kessler looked HORRIBLE out there after showing some promising signs in the first 3 games. cody may even be cut and put on the practice squad. That being said we have more playmakers on offense than we have had in the past 3 years. Defense is SUPER hard to judge because of the shitty 3-4 zone biltz mess that horton runs. our DL is promising as are our linebackers but our DB's are playing so soft you cant evaluate fairly them same with our LB when they go into coverage. I guess it's just so frustrating because the browns are WAY better than they played in the preseason. best case scenario we move on from horton at the end of the year and install a 4-3 coordinator and hire an actual offensive coordinator. I'm really nervous about us taking deshaun watson in the draft i keep hearing mixed reports on him. I think it would be really cool if we took a qb that is qb size for once in the last 4 years lol.

Anybody that calls for or even just predicts another browns coach firing after this season should be permaban. Havent we had enough of tjat fgtry to last a lifetime?

I'm not about to get on the fire Hue train. The guy hasn't even coached a regular season game for the Browns. Plus, he doesn't have the horses yet.

I disagree I think we start out strong cause as I said hue will have a plan in place for rg3 but after a few games other teams will be on to us and make ajustments

as far as the author of this thread you are mentally challenged if you think hue will be gone after a year

I'm already salivating at the idea of us getting a top 3 pick (via Eagles) and drafting Myles Garrett or Leonard Fournette. Two once-in-a-generation players in one draft. Then we'll likely have a top 10 pick and pick up some secondary help with a player like Jalen Tabor or Jabrill Peppers.

Truthfully, while it may not show on paper, I'm liking the team's direction. It took us no longer than a hiccup to trade Gilbert for a sixth rounder, and a 34 year old punter for a fifth. With all of our salary cap space clearing, and great mid round picks like Nassib, Higgins, and Ogbah, I'm optimistic with the process. I won't read too much into our W/L column because we have a veeeery tough schedule.

Go Browns!

i like hue jackson and everyone on the coaching staff except horton. i just really really dislike ray horton he sucks i hope he gets fired on monday

I have to agree with you on Horton, his D was terrible the first time around. Too many blitzes and large chunks of yardage. Hopefully Ogbah and Nassib are the answer to not getting pressure.

Archived