THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Name 5 Captains for 2016

Tour2ma

RG III, Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, Demario Davis, and Tank Carder: Your 2016 Browns captains

On Wednesday, the Cleveland Browns announced their five captains for the 2016 NFL season:

• Offense: QB Robert Griffin III, LT Joe Thomas
  • Defense: ILB Demario Davis, CB Joe Haden
  • Special Teams: ILB Tank Carder

According to Browns.com, the captains were voted on by teammates, and will be in effect for the entire season. The last time Cleveland had the same team captains for an entire season came in 2013, which was when Rob Chudzinski was the team’s head coach and Ray Horton was the defensive coordinator.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/9/7/12844238/rg-iii-joe-thomas-joe-haden-demario-davis-and-tank-carder-your-2016-browns-captains

I like the idea of putting the best locker room leaders into position of responsibility on the field. To me it's like having 5 coaches coaching on the inside where the action is up close and personal. Says a lot about RG III.

I like the idea of putting the best locker room leaders into position of responsibility on the field. To me it's like having 5 coaches coaching on the inside where the action is up close and personal. Says a lot about RG III.

Young(er) team good idea especially in 2016, it's not like in past years when you had one or an offensive, defensive and maybe special teams captain. Maybe it will help to keep the guys from getting into trouble off the field also.

Archived