THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft tells a story at QB

Greythan

Theory.

First pick: OL

Trade: Includes a backup QB

Second round: 2 big, receivers neither considered as intermediate to deep threat potential

Sure sounds like a team planning to present a strong running game with a ball control bent: focus on high completion rates and short/intermediate passing. We also know this is the offense necessary to win in bad weather.

DA's gone?

This case is not "closed" I think Quinn has a 10% edge on DA going into training camps. I am glad we kept him, we will see what happens during preseason and camps. '

IF we would have got Sanchez and Traded quinn i would have thrown a rock at my tv for that dumb lateral move. Lum BQ is a reality and a competent competitor, if DA is really better it will be evident to the new staff. Whats the worst that can happen he gets traded next year? Both guys will have some sort of oppurtunity to play somewhere so relax.

Somebody on ESPN says it's pretty clear that Quinn is getting his chance to go into the season as the starter with offseason reps under his belt, something that most of the league assumed anyway. The Browns declined overtures from the Broncos and Jets to get Quinn... and then passed on Sanchez at #5. Quinn will start this season until it's obvious he isn't up to it.

Ratliff was going to compete to start in NY and Mangini loved the way he played last preseason. He's a bit of a DA clone, for whatever that's worth. I find it difficult to believe that he's being brought in as a third QB. My gut says DA will be gone, somehow, some way, and we'll end up with an older veteran as the third QB.

MY gut says all the BS about Mangini wanting his own QB and not sold on Quinn was all media genreated BS. Best thing about this draft is that the FO and Staff didn't feel a need to blow the core of the team up and start over. They dumped some guys they felt quit on the team and have now upgrated the OL, DL, LB, DB and certainly WR.

Can you ask for much more in aqn ititial draft when they had only 5 picks.

New backup QB?

Hey that was Quinn's position.

Not good news for BQ.

You are partially correct that was Quinn's position till DA played himself out of the starting position.

First of all, clearly this is Quinn's team. Somebody can throw all the one liners they want, but DA's ship has sailed. I agree, this draft tells the story.

By the way, I had forgotten how Ratliff did against the Browns, just after they signed Favre.

Comp 14

Att 20

Pct 70

Yds 252

Avg 12.6

TD 2

Int 0

Sck 0

SckY 0

Rate 145.8

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

The fact Quinn would be started over DA while Quinn was hurt due to levels of play by DA that could only described as poor as best (and that's being generous) should speak volumes.

It's like taking a ride home from a drunk driver over a sober friend just because he can't drive for shit.

Sorry lums but this draft does tell the story and its only a matter of time before mangini has to tell it to the press...DA will compete but DA will get owned by quinn in a fair contest and then be traded for peanuts at his own request...

We should trade him now for a 2nd or 3rd next year...oh thats right nobody is interested...;(

Archived