THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue's 09-19-16 Presser: Weeks-to-Week, Possibilities, Good Questions and Things not "Totally Broken"

Tour2ma

Not sure how the spoken presser sounded, but the transcript is more than a little weird.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Hue-Jackson-press-conference---919/4ebc37d9-9bb2-4048-9543-28a74953543c

I'm willing to ascribe the "weird" to some combo of shock, disappointment, keeping cards close to vest and only 24 hours passing, but I still seem to catch a whiff of "overwhelmed".

Hue made one mistake by passing on Carson Wentz. He's now got the entire season to be reminded what a dumbass trade it was! Wentz looks good and the Eagles have an easy schedule. I would not be surprised if they go to the playoffs in that division.

Oh well! Hue's a good guy and I'm optimistic about Kessler and Hogan.

Opal, your barking up the wrong tree..Hue only coaches the goods received from Sashi-Depo. Even with RG3 in Hues pocket, Hue watched both Pro Days. but imo i say Sash-Depo closed that door on Jackson... proof.. the old Vets $ & FA were all gone soon after & Sushi Trade-Mart was up & running..

I saw it. And when Hue said that "we're against the wall a little bit" huh? I turned it off and resigned myself to spending Sundays with friends and family. I've decided to watch the Cav's on TV more and just follow the Browns in the paper. It's really sad what the Haslam's have accomplished with the team. And now even early season home games look like away.

I saw it. And when Hue said that "we're against the wall a little bit" huh? I turned it off and resigned myself to spending Sundays with friends and family. I've decided to watch the Cav's on TV more and just follow the Browns in the paper. It's really sad what the Haslam's have accomplished with the team. And now even early season home games look like away.

And the guy who takes the most shit from Zombo says bs to that. Be a fan of the young players on this team and just enjoy the long term process. Nothing like following a team making a major change, growing pains, mistakes and all. So we missed Wentz (and Prescott). We have players now and next year for the price we paid. And this team needed lots of players. Sure it hurts to see Wentz and Prescott play on better teams, but they both started far better than this cluster fuck did.

And the guy who takes the most shit from Zombo says bs to that. Be a fan of the young players on this team and just enjoy the long term process. Nothing like following a team making a major change, growing pains, mistakes and all. So we missed Wentz (and Prescott). We have players now and next year for the price we paid. And this team needed lots of players. Sure it hurts to see Wentz and Prescott play on better teams, but they both started far better than this cluster fuck did.

And for how many years now has it been....nowhere to go but up? And then sink further into the abyss. The past 2 Sundays gave me some of the same feelings I had watching a loved one dying of cancer. So I will take the steps necessary to avoid those feelings. I get the Plain Dealer and can read about them on Monday but Sundays are going to be spent doing things that make me feel happy. When I start wishing for modell back.... it's real bad. They won't change.... I will

And for how many years now has it been....nowhere to go but up? And then sink further into the abyss. The past 2 Sundays gave me some of the same feelings I had watching a loved one dying of cancer. So I will take the steps necessary to avoid those feelings. I get the Plain Dealer and can read about them on Monday but Sundays are going to be spent doing things that make me feel happy. When I start wishing for modell back.... it's real bad. They won't change.... I will

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Don't try crawling back in a few years when the browns are winning games though.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Don't try crawling back in a few years when the browns are winning games though.

Gonna agree with doug because it's quickly how I felt last year (and I'm sure how I'll feel this year too). I'm not quite at that point yet, but why waste your Sunday watching something terrible that puts you in a bad mood? Honestly, after about week 6 last year I switched from planning Sundays around Browns football to planning life around events. I mean sure, I'd throw the Browns on Sirius if we were driving back somewhere, still watched some weeks, and you better believe I'd be looking at my phone for the scores. It's the first year I've truly done that and it was, frankly, really nice.

I still love football and will be a Browns fan till the day I die. I'm still not in that "throw in the towel" of watching the games, but it's coming. I don't see why that's such a crazy idea.

I don't think Hue sucks, but I DO thinks he tries to get too smart when calling plays. I think we had a 3rd and 2 and he called a QB option with McCown. Umm...not good. In theory, the play looked like it could've worked, but you could tell that Josh wasn't comfortable running it. The fake punt? Not ideal.

I do think that Hue can come off a lot as a bit of a pussy. Maybe its his soft spoken, never get angry style. He should have been hot about that call on Pryor, instead its "aw shucks, we didn't lose because of one ref's call (he is right...it could have been because of a half dozen wrong ref's calls).

I am not saying he should be a mad man, or change his nature, but sometimes you have to show that there are things that piss you off some, even if it comes out subtlely.

I do think that Hue can come off a lot as a bit of a pussy. Maybe its his soft spoken, never get angry style. He should have been hot about that call on Pryor, instead its "aw shucks, we didn't lose because of one ref's call (he is right...it could have been because of a half dozen wrong ref's calls).

I am not saying he should be a mad man, or change his nature, but sometimes you have to show that there are things that piss you off some, even if it comes out subtlely.

Perhaps it's just too subtle for you.

Perhaps it's just too subtle for you.

No, its too pussified for me. Maybe where you are from you like your athletes and coaches to be pussies. You are too used to all those preening pansies that play soccer. We don't like it that way here.

(aren't you supposed to be climbing around a hoodoo or something?)

I too was hoping for a bit more fire. Look, when your team is up 20-0, and about to go up 21-0 and you screw up so badly on an EXTRA POINT...it's very hard to blame the refs for anything. What really hurts is EVERY SINGLE FAN knew at that point our team would lose. Don't deny it. You all knew. I wish to God that I didn't think that way, but history drives my cynicism.

That last call on Pryor (and the one on Coleman) just proves how difficult it is to win when you're a Brown. Hue Jackson probably had NO IDEA how difficult it would be when he signed the dotted line. In Cleveland, things don't go your way. Injuries will come in waves. The ball won't bounce how you think it will. You'll complete a 3rd and 23 after the ball bounces off of two people, but your first round draft pick center will take off down field and negate the amazing first down. That's how it is when you're a Brown. Nothing comes easy.

If Hue didn't know it before, he does now.

Opal, your barking up the wrong tree..Hue only coaches the goods received from Sashi-Depo. Even with RG3 in Hues pocket, Hue watched both Pro Days. but imo i say Sash-Depo closed that door on Jackson... proof.. the old Vets $ & FA were all gone soon after & Sushi Trade-Mart was up & running..

This.

Hue made one mistake by passing on Carson Wentz. He's now got the entire season to be reminded what a dumbass trade it was! Wentz looks good and the Eagles have an easy schedule. I would not be surprised if they go to the playoffs in that division.

Oh well! Hue's a good guy and I'm optimistic about Kessler and Hogan.

c'mon now lets not get wntz fitted for that yellow jacket just yet,he has played us and da bears lets see how he fairs against a stouter D

lets see how wentz fairs against a stouter D

Like Squealers D this week. Hope they break Wentz in half. Just So Every NFL Network will cry..#clefromeagles

Like Squealers D this week. Hope they break Wentz in half. Just So Every NFL Network will cry..#clefromeagles

Neither he nor the Browns other passed over QB, Prescott, has thrown an interception yet. In fact Prescott is the first rook in NFL history to throw 75 passes in his first two games with zero interceptions. Wentz faces Pitt. and Prescott plays da Bears so something has to break this weekend.

Having personally watched multiple loved ones die from cancer recently, I fail to see how the two compare in the least.

c'mon now lets not get wntz fitted for that yellow jacket just yet,he has played us and da bears lets see how he fairs against a stouter D

20th and 9th in total defense, respectively.

6th and 21st in passing defense.

It's not like he faced the two worst defenses in the league.

The guy is more than likely a good QB - which puts another notch in my belt (along with some others) and once again proves that our talent evaluation of the QB position is lacking.

Archived