THE BROWNS BOARD

You Want Delusional?

dencyguy

It's obviously been a bad couple of weeks to be a Vols fan--actually, it's been pretty much all downhill since halftime of the UCLA game. And now there's a rebuilding to look forward to, depending on who UT decides to throw a ton of money at to replace Phil Fulmer. There have been a lot of names thrown around, from Lane Kiffin (might be good, but who knows?) to Mike Leach (why would he want to leave a team that he built up, except perhaps to run a team that isn't guaranteed to be the third most popular college team in the state), to the guy from Boise State (I don't care for the idea--for every system coach like Urban Meyer who wins a title, there's at least one Dan Hawkins and Houston Nutt, who do little).

Last week, before Fulmer got pushe...that is, decided on his own to step down, I heard the following conversation on one of the Vols call-in shows:

Redneck Caller: Hey boys, you know what I think?

Hosts: Well, no, Joe, what do you think?

Redneck Caller: Lemme ask you a question.

Hosts: Okay...

Redneck Caller: What would you say is the nicer place to live, Knoxville or Los Angeles?

Me, Listening as I Drive Down the Highway: No, he's not going there.

Hosts: Well, I've never been to LA, but I've heard it's nice.

Redneck Caller: Man, I'll tell you what...I've got two words for you.

Me, Listening as I Drive Down the Highway: Please, please don't go there.

Redneck Caller: Mr. Pete Carroll.

Me, Listening as I Drive Down the Highway: That's two words?

Hosts: Look, Joe--

Redneck Caller: What do you think of that, boys?

Hosts: I think you're crazy, Joe.

Redneck Caller: Why? Why should he stay in the Pac-10, when he can coach in the big time?

Hosts: Joe, you do realize that he's won two national titles, right? That is big time.

Redneck Caller: Yeah, but the SEC is better than the Pac-10--it means more to win the SEC.

Hosts: Are you listening to yourself, Joe? He's won two national titles.

Redneck Caller: Yeah, but not in the SEC.

Hosts: Who cares? He's won two national titles!

Redneck Caller: Yeah, but you never know what he wants to do unless you give him a call.

Hosts: Good point, Joe. Alright, now we've got Todd in Maryville...

And no, I'm not making that up.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
for every system coach like Urban Meyer who wins a title,

The pro-set is a system. The single wing was a system.

Everything is a system....I have never understood that comment.

I remember them saying John Cooper was from Knoxville....maybe he is still living up there. :huh:

That's hilarious Dennis. That SEC shur is sum badass confurints.

DWJ

Pitiful attempt....If you want to talk southern, it is in the vowels

Where ever there is a vowel, say it as two....if there are two back to back...say it as three. If it is at the end of a word, say it normal.

Thaat SEEC Shuur iis soome coonfeereence.

Haaviing speent maany suuumeers iin Aalaabaama, II caan puull iit ouut oof the haat preetty eeaasy. :huh:

Pitiful attempt....If you want to talk southern, it is in the vowels

Where ever there is a vowel, say it as two....if there are two back to back...say it as three. If it is at the end of a word, say it normal.

Thaat SEEC Shuur iis soome coonfeereence.

Haaviing speent maany suuumeers iin Aalaabaama, II caan puull iit ouut oof the haat preetty eeaasy. :)

Or just watch the movie Harlan County War...... u will get enough of the backwoods talk to last a lifetime. Good movie, though.

I live in NC, and College Football just isn't the same, Thank God we have satelite!

I watched D3 BW vs Capital a couple of weeks ago, compared to the HS ball down here and for BW running the spread. the HS athletes in this area are a heck of a lot faster than what those guys were running. but they also get to train year round down here also.

Archived