THE BROWNS BOARD

WHOA NAVY 46 #6 Houston 40 Final! NCAA WK 6

mjp28

Lol, but you're not an A&M hater. Got it.

No, I am not. I want A&M to win...but I am afraid that East Germany will trounce them.

Polling is legitimate for giving fans an idea of teams, but it really means nothing.

No, it just means that those teams will have the best chance of being in the playoff field. I guess, to you, that is nothing.

Hello! McFly! Is anybody home? The teams that win are ranked high in the polls.

You think you know more than the pollsters? You don't know shit from shinola.

You made a bad read of the polls, and now are backtracking with "well I was just reading what the polls said" (even though basically no poll had Texas above A&M).

You think just because your team has risen in the polls means you know oh so much about what was going to happen? You don't know dick from cunt.

To show your dumbassery, IF A&M lost this weekend AND dropped below both Baylor and UH in the polls, in your mind, those would actually be better teams than A&M, lol. That alone shows the fallibility of polling, no matter how much you refuse to recognize it.

My mind has nothing to do with it. The polls are made by media types and or coaches.THEY are the ones who would believe that Houston and Baylor would be actually better teams than A&M.

And here you are, some young snotnose little prick with an Aggie degree who thinks he knows better than the entire College Footballs structure.

Get the fuck over yourself thinking that you know more than anyone else about football. Everyone is a dumbass but you.

I mean, when...unfortunately, A&M gets hammered by East Germany are you gonna claim you know more about college football than Nick Saban and Urban Meyer and all the football coaches of America combined?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football coaches watch less national football than big time fans (read, not you) do. They send off some GA to pencil or in every week. Coaches don't have time to watch full games of anyone but themselves and their opponent that week. The poll is worthless. And again, you love polls so much, but can't find any even remote sort of consensus where Texas was higher than A&M.

Football coaches watch less national football than big time fans (read, not you) do. They send off some GA to pencil or in every week. Coaches don't have time to watch full games of anyone but themselves and their opponent that week. The poll is worthless. And again, you love polls so much, but can't find any even remote sort of consensus where Texas was higher than A&M.

You are chasing your own tail.

I said that A&M may be the 5th best team in that state. A lot of polls, at the time, had at least 3 of those other teams ahead of them....and I merely speculated that Texas could possibly beat them. Hell, that could still be the case.

Here is your solution: Have A&M go play Texas. You guys chickened out on the rivalry. They were your biggest rival for 150 years.. Play them. (I know....at some point you offered and they said no....you're not worth. I am sure they would get over that). Or at least play one of those other former Big 12 quality members, instead of scheduling Rumproast St. or some such.

That is true. Some coaches have an assistant, GA, staff or in some cases a "knowledgeable other person" track the games all season and the coaches basically rubber stamp them.

That's why most of the time everyone just refers to the AP POLL.

You are chasing your own tail.

I said that A&M may be the 5th best team in that state. A lot of polls, at the time, had at least 3 of those other teams ahead of them....and I merely speculated that Texas could possibly beat them. Hell, that could still be the case.

Here is your solution: Have A&M go play Texas. You guys chickened out on the rivalry. They were your biggest rival for 150 years.. Play them. (I know....at some point you offered and they said no....you're not worth. I am sure they would get over that). Or at least play one of those other former Big 12 quality members, instead of scheduling Rumproast St. or some such.

So polls are great except when they don't confirm your trolling of A&M. Then you can just say "well, x could possibly beat you, so we'll move them ahead as well." Ohio State is maybe the 4th best team in the state. Ohio, Miami, Cincinnati could possibly beat them. Merely speculating.

.....Ohio State is maybe the 4th best team in the state. Ohio, Miami, Cincinnati could possibly beat them. Merely speculating.

Well maybe not that example, Oberlin is the last in-state school to defeat Ohio State in football. The Yeomen upset the Buckeyes 7–6 at Ohio Field in Columbus in 1921.

Cincinnati was close before they lost their coach to Notre Dame a few years back.

So polls are great except when they don't confirm your trolling of A&M. Then you can just say "well, x could possibly beat you, so we'll move them ahead as well." Ohio State is maybe the 4th best team in the state. Ohio, Miami, Cincinnati could possibly beat them. Merely speculating.

Polls are fine....they reflect the collective opinion of writers/coaches on their belief of the relative strength of teams. Certainly they are not infallible....but those are done by people whose profession is football.

But apparently you think you know more than all those football professionals.

You can speculate all you want.....you can be stupid all you want. (and you want a lot) There were 3 Texas teams ranked ahead of TAMU.

I think they still may be there.

Feel free to point the ones that are still there out.

There is one, and they've played absolutely no one.

So? They didn't do so well....and Tamu has done better than thought.

Do you want a fucking medal? So...what about the last zillion years when it was the other way around.

I mean, besides the little dickhead what has that school done since like before WWII?

So, y'all and the Cubs become relevent once every 75 years or so. Congrats.

I rooted for A&M to beat East Germany. So much for that effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived