THE BROWNS BOARD

Injury report vs Cowboys

gftChris

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-vs-Cowboys-injury-report---113/664f3753-5137-4b66-8f31-f71b64fc1f06

Worrying things are that JT has not practiced at all this week, Haden and Taylor are still limited, pryor was DNP on weds but limited thursday.

The cowboys are missing a couple of starters in the secondary which might help us, though dez bryant was full.

Cam Erving showed up with a shoulder, DNP thursday, which is "worrying"

Coleman and Kessler both back is a plus for development going forward. I don't care what we win from this point on as long as I see improvement week to week as a real team.

EDIT: I also want to see if Collins gets used a lot for his QB pressure/sacking skills. Most needed position on the team IMO.

Joe will play. His knee is bothering him, but it's not serious. He's one of the few players that literally needs very little practice in order to suit up on Sunday. My main concern is Pryor's hamstring. God forbid we have a bye week during the past month, but whatever. Difficult to heal a hamstring up when you're constantly using it, and the chance of further damaging it goes up considerably when it's already hurt.

Don't be surprised to see McCown get the nod. I REALLY hope Cody is starting, but I could see Hue Jackson using Cody's concussion as an excuse to play the veteran another week because he's so desperate for a win. Everyone is feeling the pressure right now. Again, I hope I'm wrong. I'm very interested to see Cody progress and learn. Even if he lays a real stinker (he's due)

Last week the Eagles rattled Dak for the first time this season. They did this by blitzing the living crap out of him and getting pressure. We, on the other hand, are not good at this, but I'm hoping Collins can change that.

Get ready for a ton of screen passes and draw plays. You know they're coming.

Do folks realize that if Collins gets a sack this week, then he'll double his total for the year?

It'll be nice to see Pryor and Coleman at the same time. Claiborne was actually playing well this year and should be missed. And their losing Barry Church should hurt even more. I can see us running and passing effectively... at least between the 20's. Redzone? We'll TD some, but still lack the match-up nightmare to offset the compressed field.

What I can't see is our stopping the Dallas O. It's so balanced that if we focus on one aspect, they'll just shift to the other. Add that we've had issues vs running QBs and it feels like a "first-team-to-30-wins" game. And since last week was our highest scoring outing at 28...

Tour...I hear what you're saying about Collins' sack numbers. I mean, the guy has a giant ONE sack this year. BUT...that doesn't tell the entire story. I don't want to butcher the stat, but I heard something to the tune that Collins' rate of getting pressure on the QB is one of the highest in the league. He's not asked to rush the QB all that often because he's so adept in the coverage game. When he IS asked to rush the QB, he gets there. It might not always be a sack, but it's a QB hit, a forced throw, or whatever else they use in pass rushing stats.

He's going to be in the game, and my guess? He's going to be rushing the passer because that's maybe the easiest thing to do from a learning perspective. Don't know the defensive plays? That's ok. Go hit the guy who throws the ball.

Our 2 best tacklers should be Collins & Kirksey shadowing Dak & Zeke. Problem is that leaves Witten & any other non star at TE? Losing Poyer has hurt us at FS..

He's going to be in the game, and my guess? He's going to be rushing the passer because that's maybe the easiest thing to do from a learning perspective. Don't know the defensive plays? That's ok. Go hit the guy who throws the ball.

And that would be a refreshing change...

Sounds like a likely use to me as well... sub packages... not a lot of 1st-down, base D snaps.

Archived