THE BROWNS BOARD

What do you hear about the Browns in sports media?

wargograw

I was just listening to some national radio show. They were ranking every NFL team. They of course had us at 32 but the host made it very clear that he thinks Hue is a really good coach. Talked about our solid young pieces (we have triplets!!) and how we are building.

Have you heard any media talk about our Brownies? Do they understand what we're doing? Do they make fun of us? Do they like Hue and/or the front office?

Just curious what you hear. And I would like to hear what local Cleveland media has to say as well. I imagine those idiots are calling for firings like many of our fans but I would be pleasantly surprised if that weren't the case.

Mostly hear ESPN here... so you can guess the slant.

In an unusual twist Micheal Wilbon actually backed off his usual assault on us... but then he's more concerned with the unraveling of his Bears this year.

Local Cleveland media. Donovan has been asking for a state of the team address from higher than the HC. Dieken has been saying we need playmakers and wishes they would quit trading down. No one is keen on Horton. They all say we suck. Triv? Ha, you can pretty much guess his rants. Cleveland sports media runs from bewildered to disgust. I don't hear anything positive but hey, you asked.

Yep...Wargo, if you think Im harsh, you should give a listen to some local radio....honestly, it is getting louder and louder by the day and no one is advocating for whats happening(xcept Browns daily, of course)...hearing lots of venom and very little support....

The national media has turned into a bunch of front-runners IMHO, so they're not going to say much good about the Browns obviously.

Locally, I think it's a mix, but mostly negative like Mud said. The Cavs & Indians success has probably given the Browns a break in a weird way.

The Bull & The Fox were actually defending Ray Horton this afternoon, I couldn't believe it.

Archived