THE BROWNS BOARD

Here's our basic problems - (two of 'em)

Orion

So in the world according to my untrained eyes, are problems lie thusly:

1) Center struggles to block standard pressure, and is a wet paper bag against late pressure or anything across his face (personnel)

2) Relying on TEs and RBs to pass protect against legitimate edge rushers that would give actual tackles problems (scheme)

3) QBs (none of them) are able to anticipate a player getting open. This is why they hold the ball too long, even though each receiver will more often than not flash open on a play for a second or two (personnel)

4) Edge defenders do not set the edge, and so instead of funnelling run plays back towards our enormous nose tackle (who seems to be our best defensive player this year) runs get bounced outside for 5-8 yards and a first down (both?)

5) Defenders can't tackle. Like, at all. I've seen maybe two players consistently wrap up over the weeks - shelton & collins. Even Kirksey is guilty of missing tackles he puts himself in to position to make. Mr Ed Reynolds seems a decent tackler but obviously Bell/Brown will give a lot of defenders headaches and broken ankles. (personnel).

I watched the condensed game this week so I didn't get to see much of replays but once again it looked like it's that same combination of issues causing us problems. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how almost-not-quite-inept our D looked at times - holding the steelers to field goals on the first two drives, until they melted down at the end of the first half and handed them eight points. In the second half the steelers O only scored 3. It looks like they could have scored more had they really pressed, but Ben was struggling with the weather a bit, the secondary played ok in coverage, but we couldn't stop the runs outside the tackles.

He also grew up a Browns fan and actually wanted to be drafted by them, was pissed when he wasn't. He has been beating up on the Browns ever since. Maybe it is a sports curse, like the Curse of Rocky Colavito (Indians traded slugger in his prime, team sucked forever) ,Curse of the Bambino ( owner of the Red Sox needed money to invest in No No Nannette on Broadway, sold Babe Ruth to Yankees, Sox sucked forever) Curse of Syd Thrift (Pirates mgmt fired GM after he put together a decent team in a short time, Pirates sucked for years after), etc. Many examples of the sports gods punishing teams for doing stupid things.

(Sarcasm alert) Anyway the Browns have two first round picks next year. What could go wrong? (end sarcasm)

That is not correct.

Ben was no browns fan. He grew up a 49'er fan. He THOUGHT he was going to be drafted by the browns, thats as far as it goes with him and the browns.

Heard Rizzo talk yesterday about Ben trolling him...attention whore Ben tryin to make browns fans feel even worse by saying he wanted to play for the browns.

I just want to know what football team has time run out of the game.. And still gives up 2 scores without having any time on regulation game clock expire... Sorry Jimmah.. that is just plain unacceptable to Me.. Sell it you Moron.. You're not fit to own a team in Cleveland..

in all my years of watching the Browns, this year's team is the worst I've ever seen. At least at the beginning of the season games were close, now it looks like they're not even trying any more. Very frustrating to say the least. How many times do we see the Browns regress as the season goes on?

I get it, we're rebuilding. We've been rebuilding since 1999. How much longer will we have to rebuild until we finally see a decent team? Is getting more than 4 wins a season too much to hope for after 20+ years of rebuilding?

That is not correct.

Ben was no browns fan. He grew up a 49'er fan. He THOUGHT he was going to be drafted by the browns, thats as far as it goes with him and the browns.

Heard Rizzo talk yesterday about Ben trolling him...attention whore Ben tryin to make browns fans feel even worse by saying he wanted to play for the browns.

Browns made a bigger mistake passing on Aaron Rodgers than they did passing on BR. When BR was up, Browns thought they had QBs of the future.....after the next season, they knew they didn't, knew they needed a QB , but instead took Braylon Edwards because Butch Davis had unsuccessfully recruited him. Instead, they took Charlie Frye in round 3. (whom Cody Kessler may be the reincarnation of)

Our o line really sucks. McCown doesn't know how to throw a ball away. Someone ought to give that guy a live grenade and see if he can learn with that.

and who the fuck is he going to throw it to...pryor is probably doubled teamed..there is a reason he is holding the ball too long...we got no fucking weapons and like you say...the fucking ol would get the shit kicked out of them by alabama...i'd bet on that....seriously.....we have no running game, so we are one dimensional...i know what you know what that means....NO ONE IS GOING TO BE OPEN....

assuming we all knew this would be a down season....lets agree no one knew we'd suck this bad...

My biggest concerns are that the team is NOT improving or getting any better.....which is the one thing we were all supposed to banking on...and watching as the season progressed...

And.....even though they are getting massive opportunities to play....and, all at the expense of winning....the rookies are not seizing the moment.....none(zero) are excelling or showing strong....Ogbah looks decent.....the rest?.....not much so far....

so 1 is doing swell.....13 others are basically fair at best or totally floundering.....

these 2 things are definitely worrisome....

we suck mud...you are correct...there has been no improvement whatsoever...not one iota...in fact there is major regression as i see it and i'm not going thru all of them...i'm sick of repeating them....this is just simply fucking disgusting...today i heard on mike and mike there is major issues...they say even bit joe thomas is sick of this shit...they said if the browns are simply playing to lose out on purpose, it is not fair to the players who are getting killed out there...particularly the qb's with this shitass ol...it's almost time for the fans who actually will go see this piece of shit product fucking where bags over their heads....

in all my years of watching the Browns, this year's team is the worst I've ever seen.

It seems that way.

While watching the games you certainly get the feeling that there's really no way they're gonna win the game.

Our OL has lost Alex Mack, Mitchell Schwartz & Joel Bitonio (IR).....leaving just Thomas & Greco (and Greco's no great OLineman) from what was considered a decent OL. And it plays like it lost all of it's talent.

in all my years of watching the Browns, this year's team is the worst I've ever seen.

Jimmy Haslem should be proud......took him only 4 years to devalue an already bad team....

He is ruining the brand.....a once proud team that was never below 500, now is......the most loyal fans, now are not......

and, hey, he fucked up the traditional uniforms too...

It seems that way.

Because it IS that way....

That is not correct.Ben was no browns fan. He grew up a 49'er fan. He THOUGHT he was going to be drafted by the browns, thats as far as it goes with him and the browns.Heard Rizzo talk yesterday about Ben trolling him...attention whore Ben tryin to make browns fans feel even worse by saying he wanted to play for the browns.

I read a story that said he was a Browns fan and took it at face value. They should have drafted him anyway. And depending on what they get with the pick they got from the Eagles, Carson Wentz could be another coulda bin. At least the Browns won't see him twice a year every year and be constantly reminded.

We were 5-5 on 4th down conversions!!!!!

Raiders were 0-10 a couple years ago and are now 8-2 with young players.

We got cincy coming up with no Rb and Aj green!!!!

Battle of Ohio!!!

This is the original post:

On Offense: We cannot get the defense blocked. - Part of it is players, part of it is scheme.

On Defense: We cannot get OFF of blocks.

Against the Steelers McCown was our leading rusher with 11 yards.

Bell had 146 against us.

Our guys are it at or before the LOS.

Their guy gets 5 yards before he's touched at all. 2nd and 9's were turned into first downs with just one run play.

These are the truest words that I've ever seen. Yes, we all probably KNEW this information, but it's so true it hurts. To add a 3rd problem, we don't get any pressure, but I guess that's part of the second listed reason. We don't get ANY PRESSURE, and what really hurts, we addressed pass rushers with high picks. We have not gotten results. Was I expecting too much from rookies? I don't think I was. We are next to last in sacking the QB. And what's worse, we don't even make the QB move or feel pressure. How many clean jerseys do we see at the end of the game? Our QB has their chin strap around their asses, and their guy looks like he's ready to go to noon tea. It's pathetic.

It's the main reason that I think we actually have to wait on getting a QB. I don't think we can take a high pick QB because we need so much other help. I realize veteran QB's are impossible to trade for or get in free agency, but maybe we need to get a stop-gap so we can use our high picks on filling in the biblical talent shortage on other key positions. I honestly don't have any clue what to do. We need so much. We have a projected 4 picks in the top 50 or so of the upcoming draft. Maybe we go Garrett #1, then DB with other 1, OL with 2nd round, and then OL with the other 2nd or DB again. So...many....holes to fill.

Archived