THE BROWNS BOARD

Shaun Rogers

BrownsFan17

Guest ATENEARS

We kept hearing for the past three years that the reason Andra davis and company can't make a stuff at the line is because the DL's aren't keeping linemen off the LB's ... well, this season really proves that all wrong, as Rogers is a one-man wrecking crew and if he don't make the tackle himself, it results into a 7-9 tackle from behind by the othjer six in the front seven.

Man, if we don't spend our first round pick on the best available LB next year, I'll puke.

If our offense was playing half as well as last year, we'd be 5-1 with this Shaun Rogers led defense. The guy is a freaking beast. There is also an intimidation factor there that we have been without for a long time. I guarantee you the opposing QB's do NOT want to see him breaking into the backfield.We need to pressure Flackoff to death next week.

Doug

LOL

Rogers is not a beast.

Michael Dean Perry was a beast.

Larry Sherk was a beast.

Jack Gregory was a beast.

Walter Johnson was a beast.

Rogers is pretty good. i'm ashamed of most of you guys.

For those of you who haven't heard of the players i mentioned, i'm happy that you've found a new hero.

LOL

Rogers is not a beast.

Larry Sherk was a beast.

For those of you who haven't heard of the players i mentioned, i'm happy that you've found a new hero.

Sherk is still my all-time favorite Browns defensive player (tied with Clay Matthews.) Sherk was beyond a beast. He was a leviathan, a balrog and one helluva Brown.

Doug

I think he might be better than any 5 lineman we've had COMBINED. The guy is a beast and just goes.

They said during the game he is the sack leader on the defense.

BTW, it was Alex Hall until today. He has 3 sacks. Rogers has 4.

Echoing the sentiments on Rogers though. I was skeptical at 1st, but we'd be 0-fer season right now if he was not on the team (or contributing the way he has).

Shaun Rogers is the best player on the team.

He's better than any five D-Linemen we've had in the new era.

He's better than any linemen, but so what?

i hate special teams guys, but Josh Cribbs is the toughest SOB that i've seen in a long time. That guy just seems to do whatever the team asks, and he go balls out to do it. When he gets his bell rung, he gets right up and is ready to play again. i thought that hit in the Redskins game would have put him on the sidelines for the rest of the season.

Frank Minnifield is the last tough player that i've seen. Cribbs is moving up that list.

Guest ATENEARS
LOL

Rogers is not a beast.

Larry Sherk was a beast.

Shut the hell up you old scrooge. Shaun Rogers is a bright spot in this land of free agent busts that we've typically over-spent for. This guy is playing with emotion and getting things done without relying on anyone else. He's not making any excusdes, and hasn't needed any. he's blowing up O-lines as good as any DT I've seen in the league.

He's not sitting on the sideline nursing a headache like whats-his-name we sent packing, he's causing headaches and although our defense can't get off the field, it certainly wasn't from his lack of run support up the middle or even his pass rush under soft secondary coverage.

Screw Michael Dean ... this is 2008.

LOL

Rogers is not a beast.

Larry Sherk was a beast.

MDP was a great player....I vaguely remember Gregory and Johnson. The only one I question is who is this "Larry" Sherk guy? Is that Jerry's less famous brother?

I know the guys today aren't as great as the ones in the past...but you have to admit (especially for a big defense guy like yourself) that Rogers is a lot of fun to watch and he was definitely worth the trade.

Guest ATENEARS
He's better than any linemen, but so what?

So what? It's a start and was a HUGE team need. He's filled his role, now let's move on to the other 21 starters ...

i hate special teams guys, but Josh Cribbs is the toughest SOB that i've seen in a long time. ...blah, blah, blah .... blah, blah ...... Frank Minnifield is the last tough player that i've seen. Cribbs is moving up that list.

Pluuuuease..... We need tough LB's, Safeties, RB's and DT's ... we got the tough DT, and your pissing on him for a kicker ... errr ... I mean a kick returner.

Josh Cribbs might be the poster child for exactly why we need guys like Shaun Rogers. Cribbs has peaked in the NFL, he will get money thrown his way for another couple of years while someone scrambles to find a place for this kid in 3-5 plays per game.

Shaun Rogers baby .... you need a Shaun Rogers Jersey!

"That dude's an animal," Garrard said of Rogers. "We had a few plays designed to try to use his strength against him and he just put more strength into it and made some huge plays on third-and-shorts and even on fourth-and-short. He's the biggest guy on the field and might be the biggest guy in the whole league.

"He has a motor, and when it's geared up and turned on and full speed, I don't know very many people that can block him. When he wanted to force his will, you could see what he could do."

Those are just the words of Garrard after the game. icon_lol.gif

He played a heck of a game.

I was pretty unhappy with Bodden last year anyway. Supposedly he's been getting torched in Detroit too.

Bodden has 6 passes defended and 1 INT....

B.McDonald has 7 and 1

E.Wright has 12 and 3

M.Adams has 4 and 2

I like what we have over Bodden.

Archived