THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL.com final draft grades

Adz1987

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

Cleveland Browns: A

The biggest movers in the draft, having traded back to No. 21 from No. 5. The Browns made economical headway, though, saving millions going in reverse and grabbing the top center in a center-heavy draft, Alex Mack from Cal. That was followed by doubling up on steady WRs Brian Robiskie and Mohamed Massaquoi, and a double dose of CBs Don Carey and Coye Francies (a sixth-round steal). This is a haul for the future that could pay quick dividends.

Hey, we're only one of 4 teams in the NFL to get the A and the only AFC North team to do so. Sweet. Mangenius anyone? I'm happy someone pointed out how much dough we saved. I get that saving dough isn't the point of the draft, but I'd hate to be the Lions shoveling out top dollar again and again and again. 40+ mill guaranteed freaks me out. We have a lot of bang for the buck here.

I like our draft a lot, and it is the highest ranking draft Mangini has ever had in his 4 years in the NFL. I'm hoping this is the start of the evidence taking an experienced HC was the way to go.

I still would have loved to taken Rey-Rey, and then traded a couple of late round picks to move up in the second and still grab Robiski. But heck, Rey didn't have the character Mangini was clearly prioritizing. Hard to gripe about smart and talented team players who are willing to work hard.

T-minus 39 hours until early-May, rookie, mini, beginner, hope to make the team, give the fans something else to talk about, no-pads, no-hitting camp this Friday. WooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!!

Hey, we're only one of 4 teams in the NFL to get the A and the only AFC North team to do so. Sweet. Mangenius anyone? I'm happy someone pointed out how much dough we saved. I get that saving dough isn't the point of the draft, but I'd hate to be the Lions shoveling out top dollar again and again and again. 40+ mill guaranteed freaks me out. We have a lot of bang for the buck here.

I like our draft a lot, and it is the highest ranking draft Mangini has ever had in his 4 years in the NFL. I'm hoping this is the start of the evidence taking an experienced HC was the way to go.

I still would have loved to taken Rey-Rey, and then traded a couple of late round picks to move up in the second and still grab Robiski. But heck, Rey didn't have the character Mangini was clearly prioritizing. Hard to gripe about smart and talented team players who are willing to work hard.

T-minus 39 hours until early-May, rookie, mini, beginner, hope to make the team, give the fans something else to talk about, no-pads, no-hitting camp this Friday. WooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!!

A lot of teams passed on Rey Rey because of a NFL Security report about him.

I like our draft as well, very quiet thoughtful picks without a whole lotta media splash.

I'm going to reserve judgment though until we see these guys in pads....for a couple of years.

I won't yell crucify Mangini this year even if we are way below .500, however for 2010 I expect big things..

Agree. It seems reasonable though, with this schedule, pieces for Quinn in place, and a defensive coach who had his defense ranked 7th last year, to win at least 7 games.

8-8 I'm pretty happy.

9 or 10 wins and we officially get playoff talk at week 12 - my criteria for a enjoyable season.

11 wins or more means Quinn and Mangini were WAY UNDERRATED and we're cooing here on the boards.

Not to turn this in to a qb talk thread as I usually avoid those, but I think it would be mostly Mangini who is underrated.

I really don't think Brady suffers that.

Ive said an "A" all along and still insist that the brilliance of this draft will prove itself sooner and again later it is really a good job by the scouts as well digging up some potential gems from the rubbage rounds...;)

By the way this thread is the first i seen of this article not everyone scrummages through each thread post by post....;)

We're Browns fans, so....

.500 is disappointing but I can take it for first season under a new coach.

9-7 is good.

Playoffs would make my year.

sub .500 and I'll piss and moan but be back for more abuse next season.

I liked trading down, snagging 3 vets and the extra picks.

For walking in to "The cupboard is bare" I think we did pretty damn good.

Still NOT taking Rey in the 2nd blows my mind and I'm NOT looking forward to facing him 2x a year.

Let's hope he can't do squat on us ok?

We're Browns fans, so....

.500 is disappointing but I can take it for first season under a new coach.

9-7 is good.

Playoffs would make my year.

sub .500 and I'll piss and moan but be back for more abuse next season.

I liked trading down, snagging 3 vets and the extra picks.

For walking in to "The cupboard is bare" I think we did pretty damn good.

Still NOT taking Rey in the 2nd blows my mind and I'm NOT looking forward to facing him 2x a year.

Let's hope he can't do squat on us ok?

Harrison around the end = Rey over pursuing, we got him.

Ive said an "A" all along and still insist that the brilliance of this draft will prove itself sooner ...

I'm buying what you're selling. If 2 of the 3 Jets start (i.e. - Ratliff won't start), along with Mack starting, and one of our WR's significantly contribute - then its an A. 4 starters in a draft is a big deal. We'll know this info this year. We'll then see in 2-3 years on the rest.

Archived