THE BROWNS BOARD

When will Big Ben get Injured?

Dan in Florida

When will Big Ben get Injured NEXT?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. When will Big Ben get Injured NEXT?

• Monday, Nov 3rd vs Redskins (Squeelers will run a QB sneak with a dinged up QB)

Poor Poor Frankenstein. Sprained his neck bolt.

Beefth Mylar is hurt to.

I hope they have to pull Bubbly Blistex and Bennie and the Jets Cunningham out of retirement.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Masters

When will Ben get injured? He already injured. He took a beating last year, and this year PIT went even further with the dime a dozen aproach on the Oline. They are learning it does not work out so well. They used to take OL higher in the draft, but haven't and its hurting.

As to Leftwich running the O, he did fine filling in in the middle of a game. The D didn't game plan for him or watch film of him coming into the game. The guy just isn't that good. Should Ben go down and miss games down the stretch, you let Ds down the stretch in PITs schedule (NE, BALT, DAL, and TEN) plan for him, and PIT will have problems. I doubt Parker is fully healthy or will be this year. PIT right now does not have the running game to carry Leftwich and PITs D can only do so much.

Right now I both aplaud and laud excoriate for playing as hurt as he truly is. I respect fully his competiveness to keep playing and trying to help his team, while continuing to take hits. But at the same time, he is missing all of practices, his injuries are obviously effecting his game (mentally and physically), and as of late he may be hurting his team more than helping while playing (though I am not sold a healthy Byron plays any better than the current hurt Ben).

Guest Masters
Who is still leading the division and will be in the playoffs AGAIN? It sure as hell is not the browns. It's the Steelers, even with a banged up Ben, a banged up defense, and a shitty front line... going up against one of the toughest schedules in the NFL ever.

Toughest schedule on paper before the season starts. CLE is not the team they were expected to be (sub .500), JAX not as tough (sub .500), SD not as tough (sub .500), and NE isn't the team they were before the season with Brady (though playing solid ball). But that is 3 teams (one PIT plays twice) that were expected to be much better and made the PIT schedule on paper a lot harder. I never buy into the strenght of schedule before a season. Teams fall off and others jump up every year. The true strength of schedule can never be gauged until after the year is done.

Archived