THE BROWNS BOARD

Rex Tillerson, our next Secretary of State

DieHardBrownsFan

I would imagine that the guy who has spent so many years running the largest or at least one of the largest International corporations on Earth would have enough experience for the job.

Our current secretary of state is a carpetbagger who did little more than win a popularity contest as New York senator who came to fame because her husband got a b****** in the White House.

But it makes some of you feel hip to hate oil companies and or corporations.

WSS

But according to our incoming president the regulations that these oil companies flaunted that could have prevented this shit stain on the record of human society....are just too burdensome. So the next time this happens the oul companies will face even less liability. The one and only thing that keeps them halfway honest are the sanctions that come down from govt.

Yes. And stupid.

Okay we hate oil companies because there have been accidents within the industry. Fair enough, should we hate the nuclear energy industry?

I realized some on the left do. I'm too lazy to look up the number of automobile deaths over the past year but I'm sure it's substantial. Does that mean that an automotive executive is unqualified?

WSS

Yes. And stupid.

Okay we hate oil companies because there have been accidents within the industry. Fair enough, should we hate the nuclear energy industry?

I realized some on the left do. I'm too lazy to look up the number of automobile deaths over the past year but I'm sure it's substantial. Does that mean that an automotive executive is unqualified?

WSS

Urtalking about companies that were shown to deliberately flaunt regulations and then fought in court to deny responsibility either in part or sometimes in whole. So ur analogy is yet again lacking. We should abs hate irresponsible mkt players. If u fuck up own it and make it right, did ur parents skip that lesson to young steven?

Ok well its obvious you just didnt pay attention to oil spulls otherwisebyou'd have read how each time there was some preventable accident and/or a quick fix that couldnt happen becausevthey didnt have the equipment on standby that they werecrequired to have and flat out assured regulators they had ala the bp gulf spill. Im not in the habit of educating grown men like wmthey're 1st graders getting one of their first lessons on cause and effect. No interest. Educate yourself on what the rest of us already know

Ok well its obvious you just didnt pay attention to oil spulls otherwisebyou'd have read how each time there was some preventable accident and/or a quick fix that couldnt happen becausevthey didnt have the equipment on standby that they werecrequired to have and flat out assured regulators they had ala the bp gulf spill. Im not in the habit of educating grown men like wmthey're 1st graders getting one of their first lessons on cause and effect. No interest. Educate yourself on what the rest of us already know

I don't hyperventilate over oil spills and don't think there are any glaring omissions only the fact that s*** happens. Any accident that occurs in this world from falling off a stepladder in your kitchen to driving your car in front of an 18-wheeler has some sort of safety precaution that would have prevented it.

The Exxon Valdez was blamed on what? You can look it up if you want. Then tell me if that's what caused the spill.

WSS

http://www.evostc.state.ak.us/%3FFA=facts.QA

Thats just one incident, the valdez, providing that easily obtainable link is as far as im willing to go to div st you of ur profound state if ignorance. You are uneducated and profoundly ignorant on almost every subject you speak for f. I could provide a link for each incident detailing the institutional failings that led to the accident. But t as i said this is as far as im willing to go, i come here assume ng the basics out of people. Im not in a childrens forum

actually, no, i wanted John Bolton. It does't mean, though, that we won't pizz russia off.

It just means, I believe, that we will know they will be, ahead of time. something like that.

what was that old saying, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.." ?

Rand paul made a good case against bolton over the weekend. Any sec of state nominee that has bolton on staff will have a small coalition of republicans defect. Enough to cancel the republican majority. Bolton is a non starter and a deal breaker not just to democrats. Paul went over some of boltons statements and policy beleifs and pauls right, bolton has no business anywhere near the state dept

As someone who works at an energy firm, I don't hate this.

You think he'll have the backs of energy firms because he's head of an energy company? I can see that.

Meanwhile, how's that swamp-draining, no-special-interests government coming along?

Here's something that surprises me - Rex Tillerson is in favour of the Paris climate deal:

http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/company/news-and-updates/speeches/the-value-of-partnerships-in-delivering-energy-for-the-future

“At ExxonMobil, we share the view that the risks of climate change are serious and warrant thoughtful action. Addressing these risks requires broad-based, practical solutions around the world.”

“Importantly, as a result of the Paris agreement, both developed and developing countries are now working together to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions, while recognizing differing national responsibilities, capacities and circumstances. The best hope for the future is to enable and encourage long-term investments in both proven and new technologies, while supporting effective policies.”

Because large corporations like exxon can skirt and or buy their way out of potential regulations that would cripple the smaller players. Just guessing i dont really know for sure, but thats how it works everywhere else. The oligarchs are usually unperturbed

Bingo! Large energy firms will sometimes play with the idea that they back climate change regulations....because they are the only ones financially capable of staying financially sound after complying with the regulations. Government assisted monopolies.

Bingo! Large energy firms will sometimes play with the idea that they back climate change regulations....because they are the only ones financially capable of staying financially sound after complying with the regulations. Government assisted monopolies.

I would also add that they know they have the right contacts to just avoid compliance altogether

To be honest, if the regulations are sound themselves, not being able to comply with them should be a problem. If the only way you can make money is by disregarding environmental consequences, then we don't really want that energy.

Archived