THE BROWNS BOARD

The worst team in NFL history

Browns149

This 2016 Cleveland Browns team is about to go down as the WORST team in NFL history.

The only other team to lose 16 games in a single season was the lions of 2008

Those lions gave up 32 points a game.. the Browns give up just over 31

The lions fired the entire front office and coaching staff and after they did that they drafted Matthew Stafford

We don't have that luxury

We are stuck with this front office and this coaching staff,,,,,,and there is no Matthew Stafford to draft.

We are looking at the minimum of 3 years, and most likely 5+ years of someone who can draft, get a coach, and have an owner that will let the program work.

This 2016 Cleveland Browns team is about to go down as the WORST team in NFL history.

The lions fired the entire front office and coaching staff and after they did that they drafted Matthew Stafford

We are stuck with this front office and this coaching staff,,,,,,and there is no Matthew Stafford to draft.

We are looking at the minimum of 3 years, and most likely 5+ years of someone who can draft, get a coach, and have an owner that will let the program work.

We have the luxury of getting a lot better in a hurry, provided we hit on at least 3 of our 1st 4 draft picks. 4 picks in the top 65. Plus a healthier squad....injuries are an excuse, but they had more than their fair share this season.

And no, the record may end up 0-16, but they are far from the worst team ever. They blew 3 games early this season (Ratbirds, Miami, Wash). In 1975, the Browns got blown out in 7 of their first 9 games, went 3-11.

Tampa Bay, 1976, hopeless.

This is without a doubt the toughest stretch in NFL history, 2008-2016, I will say that.

ah, baloney. The Saints had/have the record for the most consecutive losing seasons...

The Saints joined the NFL as an expansion team in 1967. The new club struggled for many years, employing six head coaches, posting 12 consecutive losing records, and averaging only four wins per season from 1967 to 1978. The team’s leader during much of this time was quarterback Archie Manning, who won the NFL player of the year award in 1978. The greatest moment in Saints history came on November 8, 1970, when New Orleans kicker Tom Dempsey sealed a 19-17 upset of the Detroit Lions with a 63-yard field goal—the longest in NFL history.

The Browns are currently on their ninth.

ah, baloney. The Saints had/have the record for the most consecutive losing seasons...

lol "Their shit smells far worse than our shit"

Comforting

The 1976 Tampa Bay buccaneers were a first year expansion team. Depending on how you want to look at it it's either our 67th year in the NFL or 17th. The 2008 Lions, I believe, managed to win a preseason game or two that year, and also their last win came 10 calender days later than ours did. I get if you guys want to deny that we're the worst team in NFL history, but if we're not we're on the short, short, short list. There's no honor in being slightly better than the 76 buccaneers.

It's insane how many times you are wrong in this post. Just nuts.

The 1976 Tampa Bay buccaneers were a first year expansion team. Depending on how you want to look at it it's either our 67th year in the NFL or 17th. The 2008 Lions, I believe, managed to win a preseason game or two that year, and also their last win came 10 calendar days later than ours did. I get if you guys want to deny that we're the worst team in NFL history, but if we're not we're on the short, short, short list. There's no honor in being slightly better than the 76 buccaneers.

Exactly- we haven't won yet. Going back to last year, it's 16 in a row and counting. Now do I think we can lose the next 10 to equal the Bucs? I hope not.

BTW, should the Browns lose out- they will equal that crummy 2008 Lions team in losses over multiple seasons. (19)

Yes, there is.

The 1976 Tampa Bay buccaneers were a first year expansion team. Depending on how you want to look at it it's either our 67th year in the NFL or 17th. The 2008 Lions, I believe, managed to win a preseason game or two that year, and also their last win came 10 calender days later than ours did. I get if you guys want to deny that we're the worst team in NFL history, but if we're not we're on the short, short, short list. There's no honor in being slightly better than the 76 buccaneers.

ummm, the bucs won a superbowl....we have not even been in one...we are not a first yr expansion team...we suck the big one and we are the worst ever with no end in sight...not with this jackass owner...

ummm, the bucs won a superbowl....we have not even been in one...we are not a first yr expansion team...we suck the big one and we are the worst ever with no end in sight...not with this jackass owner...

The Browns have been in a dozen games or more that are the equivalent of a Super Bowl.. That statement is just ignorant.

And I don't know if it is the owner or not....who I do believe wants to win....but just does not know how.

At least he is not Modell who would sell us down the river for a bag of beans.

After many many many years of high draft picks and countless blunders of draft selections...going back to say,,,Oh I dunno, the year 2000, it's remains very clear that this franchise is in dire straights on how to build a football team...and not only to a Champion level, to the level of even competing in the NFL.....I'm sure the NFL does not want to see such ineptness in something they are branding as an NFL team.. The Browns have got to be hurting the bottom line of not only ratings for TV, but in every stadium they pollute...It has to make every owner cringe to see them on the schedule, knowing the parking will be down, concession money, jersey sales...and on and on...I feel the only solution is to have an NFL owners commitee start to take over the decision making process of this team...How they continue to take ticket money/licensing fee's/ parking and anything else they rob people of and get away with it, is beyond me...It's downright criminal....I'm all for the NFL taking this team over and moving it in the right direction...It's been time for about 16 years now...

After many many many years of high draft picks and countless blunders of draft selections...going back to say,,,Oh I dunno, the year 2000, it's remains very clear that this franchise is in dire straights on how to build a football team...and not only to a Champion level, to the level of even competing in the NFL.....I'm sure the NFL does not want to see such ineptness in something they are branding as an NFL team.. The Browns have got to be hurting the bottom line of not only ratings for TV, but in every stadium they pollute...It has to make every owner cringe to see them on the schedule, knowing the parking will be down, concession money, jersey sales...and on and on...I feel the only solution is to have an NFL owners commitee start to take over the decision making process of this team...How they continue to take ticket money/licensing fee's/ parking and anything else they rob people of and get away with it, is beyond me...It's downright criminal....I'm all for the NFL taking this team over and moving it in the right direction...It's been time for about 16 years now...

No, you are wrong. The Browns are not costing the league or any other team any money. They may be costing themselves some....but they were like 100 million under the cap....so you think they could not afford to lose a little money on game day?

And even the suckass Browns get very high local TV ratings. Probably still one of the highest in the league.

The Saints joined the NFL as an expansion team in 1967. The new club struggled for many years, employing six head coaches, posting 12 consecutive losing records, and averaging only four wins per season from 1967 to 1978. The teams leader during much of this time was quarterback Archie Manning, who won the NFL player of the year award in 1978. The greatest moment in Saints history came on November 8, 1970, when New Orleans kicker Tom Dempsey sealed a 19-17 upset of the Detroit Lions with a 63-yard field goalthe longest in NFL history.

It's by far the worst Browns stretch, that's what I meant.

Archived